MODULE: AGSLighting v1.00 - (normal maps in AGS)

Started by ruslan128, Mon 03/10/2022 17:40:14

Previous topic - Next topic

ruslan128

The module provides a set of functions for lighting and rendering sprites with a point light source, using normal maps, reflection, and gloss. This only affects backgrounds, cannot be applied to objects or characters. Can be used to illuminate room backgrounds. You able to set the color of the different components of the light source, its height above the surface, the radius of the light spot (the rendering time increases proportionally to the square of the spot's radius).
It also contains a function for "fast" lighting without using normal maps.
The room for the background of which the module is applied must have a background of the same size as the sprites which contains the information about pixels (for example the background can be the sprite itself containing the Color map or a black rectangle of the same size).

Dependencies are unknown. Developed on AGS 3.5.0

Detailed illustrations and descriptions are in the topic at the link
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/advanced-technical-forum/lighting-using-normal-maps-in-ags/

Link to download the module and documentation
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i7WvG6CPXqTazKULn67LCZrXpL3L1FMn/view?usp=sharing

Demo
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1npNU6j9e5H0rqn1_RDcbG2vDDdkhL50n/view?usp=sharing

eri0o

Pretty cool module. Congratulations! Do you plan on hosting the code also on GitHub?

ruslan128

Quote from: eri0o on Mon 03/10/2022 18:30:18Pretty cool module. Congratulations! Do you plan on hosting the code also on GitHub?
I can do it, if it has sense. Is there any reason to do this?

eri0o

Google drive links are fine but AGS forums has so far outlived many file hosting websites. GH is usually easy to maintain a mirror for archival purposes.

ruslan128

Quote from: eri0o on Mon 03/10/2022 19:27:34Google drive links are fine but AGS forums has so far outlived many file hosting websites. GH is usually easy to maintain a mirror for archival purposes.
Ok. I'll think about it.
Usually, I work on my projects alone and didn't need to use GH.  But maybe I need to start thinking about future works with team))

Whyshchuck

Hi! Your project is incredible! What conditions should be met to make it possible to apply to objects, characters etc?

edmundito

Quote from: ruslan128 on Mon 03/10/2022 19:52:15
Quote from: eri0o on Mon 03/10/2022 19:27:34Google drive links are fine but AGS forums has so far outlived many file hosting websites. GH is usually easy to maintain a mirror for archival purposes.
Ok. I'll think about it.
Usually, I work on my projects alone and didn't need to use GH.  But maybe I need to start thinking about future works with team))

@ruslan128 We've been talking on Discord about this plugin on Discord and one advantage of having it in Github is less about the team work but more about the case where someone needs to make modifications in case the AGS breaks compatibility or you're no longer available.
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk