MODULE: Queued Background speech with subtitles v2.03

Started by SSH, Tue 28/02/2006 12:30:57

Previous topic - Next topic

SSH

I released this ages ago here but hadn't got around to making a thread for it.

Anyway, I just fixed a small bug which seemed to pop up when using with CCS, so now v2.03 is available:

Download here (Requires AGS 2.71!)

Documentation

Demo game also included.

Monkey has also done one that's a bit different, so try them both and see which you prefer. But mine can do subtitles with the speech...

Rocco

i got this errormessage, when two characters talking in the back, and the main character klicks on hotspots where other messages appear.

---------------------------
Adventure Game Studio
An error has occured. Please contact the game author for support, as this
is likely to be a scripting error and not a bug in AGS.
(ACI version 2.71.894)

Error: SayBackground internal error: no overlay

OKÃ,  Ã, 

I need an looping sound during a larger animatingsequenz, problem is
with playsound i can play the sound only one time.

PlaySound(116);
oAuf.Animate(0, 25, eOnce, eBlock, eForwards); // duration 20 sec

with music, the sound will not play, i copied the sound in the music ordner and convert it to ogg, mp3, wav but nothing works, (it works without problems as sound)

SetMusicRepeat(1);
PlayMusic(39);

thanks for suggestions

GarageGothic

As for the first, what name did you use for the BackgroundSpeech overlay? I'm wondering if there could be a conflict with the overlay created by Say. Also, do you have any other overlays so there's a chance that you're over the limit?

As for the second problem, did you rename the file to music39.ogg when moving it to the music folder?

Rocco

what you mean with "what name for the bgspeech overlay?"?
i use the backgroundspeech module from ssh version 2.03
with statements like this:

qDisplaySpeech(cSandyx,"Ohh ich glaube du hast ihn verärgert, jetzt ist er weg.");

2. yes i have renamed the files to musicxx.ogg, after moving it to the music folder

GarageGothic

Oh, I thought you were using the Overlay* Character.SayBackground(string message) function for background speech. You're probably better off asking in the thread for that module (http://americangirlscouts.org/bbc.com/yabb/index.php?topic=25344.0) or even to pm SSH about it.

As for the music, I don't see any logical reason for why it shouldn't play. Perhaps the fact that you run a blocking function right afterwards messes it up. Try putting a Wait(1); before running the animation and see if that helps. As an alternative, if the sound should only loop during the animation, you could assign the sound to some of the animation frames. Timing could be tricky though.

SSH

I assume this is from a thread that has been merged with this one, or some of GG's comments make no sense! Anyway, Rocco, is there a chance that you could zip and upload your whole game folder so that I can have a look and try and reproduce the error?

Rocco

the funtion who causes the error in combination with the backgroundspeech was:
DisplayTopBar(5,14,8,"Grabinschrift","Wir werden ihn nie vergessen, egal wie er hieàŸ!");
no problem with normal player.Say commands, so i will use this instead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk