Monthly Writing Competition- October

Started by adam100, Wed 18/10/2006 14:11:08

Previous topic - Next topic

adam100

- Participants will write a story not limited by length unless specified by the month's rules.
- It's impossible for a judge to be impartial in this kind of competition where, for instance, great writing can save a meager plot. So the voting will be public.
- The competition should last a month. We are already half way through October so, this particular contest will run until the  13th November . After that, we will have five days for voting. These deadlines are not absolute, but try to meet them.
- The actual posts must NOT contain the story, but a link to it. The story MUST be hosted somewhere, even if temporarily.
- The object of this is to write a story. It can be a short story with 10 lines, it can be a whooper with 20 pages. It can have no characters, or a myriad of them. It can be in first person, or third; present or past or future tense. Your ONLY limitations are the ones the rules state, if any.
- The winner provides the theme and rules for the next comp.
- The comp-starter may participate. It's happened already, and this voting system should eliminate unfairness. Of course, out of fairness, the comp starter should start it without already forming an idea of the story he may write.

This month's theme is MUSIC. You can employ the theme in whatever way you find convenient, so long as it involves at least as little as a reference to the theme of MUSIC.(music theme is also suitable :))

The official deadline is 13th November, but I can expand it further if requested.

Get writing and break your pens(or keyboards)!

jetxl

FieryPhoenix

I'm behind the times- but I'll start writing tonight.  Good topic.
"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars..."

adam100

Keep writing, don't worry about the deadline, I can always expand it a day or two, seeing as there is there has been only one submission so far. Also remember that your entry doesn't really have to be a 10 page novel, it can be anywher from but a few words to infinity. Seeing as FieryPhoenix is worrying about not making it, keep in mind that I wrote my winning entry in a few hours(however gruelling they might have been:)). The hardest part is to begin, when one knows one's track one simply has to follow it to the finishing line

adam100

Ok, the voting should start today, alas only one entry for the time being.
If anybody is going to submit anything, please let me know, because otherwise I will have to automatically pronounce jet the winner, him being the sole competitor so far. If no submission or a hint of one to be submitted in the next couple of days is sent in, I will have to end the competition with only one entry having been submitted.

adam100

Ok, sadly there don't seem to be any more volunteers so I pronounce Jet the winner by walkover. Hopefully you'll be able to make a more appealing topic so that there will be more than one entry.

Tuomas

yeah, sucks doesn't it. Well, I'll be entering the next, or atleast trying to. Even though there are only 2,5 weeks to go or something.

jetxl

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk