Nedy's Adventure in ENGLISH, AT LAST!

Started by Joe, Mon 23/10/2006 19:28:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Hello. My dear people who can't speak spanish:

The game is in english, in ENGLISH!

The game is translated at last!!!

Nedy's Adventure

Nedy is in the parachute academy, when you get your parachute and you jump, What happen?
Oh, Nedy... Is there anyone more clumsy than you?

Download NOW

If you already have the game and you don't want to download it again...
You can download just the translation here

Don't forget visitting my website (COPINSTAR)
Copinstar © Oficial Site

neelhound

M8, I'm just writin coz im sad u havent got any replies.

Khris

Maybe you shouldn't use installers. AGS games can do well without them, and in general, people don't like programs that clutter up their start menu/registry if it isn't absolutely necessary.

About the game: I got stuck after I opened the inventory (by pressing tab). I couldn't leave the subscreen even though switching cursor modes using the bottom GUI still worked. (Interacting with the exit hotspot did nothing.)
Honestly, I didn't bother to start over, because I seriously hate it if a game doesn't respond to every possible interaction. That's nothing personal, just another hint about what to change.

Eli

Congratulations J. Carl for your amusing game... I'm playing it in Spanish and i have a lot of fun.
Me ha hecho reír mucho, el personaje (todos en realidad) son muy simpáticos.
He leído algunos comentarios de que no les ha gustado tanto por los problemas de que se les cae o algo así... yo pienso que es pura cuestión de suerte, pues por ejemplo yo no he tenido ningún problema
I HAVENT HAD ANY PROBLEM PLAYING THIS NICE GAME

En cambio no he podido jugar The house of ate my soul
Se me cae cada vez que salvo o cargo un juego y no me han ayudado a sobreescribir algo que dicen que hay que hacer...
Me gustó mucho también jugar SAW

Comprenderás la alegría que me dá encontrar juegos en Español, jugarlos y poder ayudar a otros con hints.
Ahora que no sé que me pasa que no sé o no puedo esconderlos... será mi consola?

Sigue haciendo tus encantadores juegos y MUCHAS MUCHAS GRACIAS

SALUDOS

ELI

Eli

José Carlos, terminé de jugar Nedy's Adventure (in Spanish), y quedé con ganas de más... me podrías avisar cuando esté lista la segunda parte?
Es realmente muy pero muy bueno tu juego
Gracias y felicitaciones nuevamente

Re divertido el juego!!!! ;)

marlamoe

Isn't one of the rule here that you must post in English?  Several threads lately have been almost entirely in Spanish.  It is getting frustrating.

Joe

Thakyou, everyone.
I think if they want to tell me they've finished this game and say the liked it, they don't need to post it in english, cause those kinds of replies are not useful to finish the game.
Other thing is the Hints Tips... but I don't know what to say, we should have spoken in english, sorry. :-[

Eli, Nedy's Aventure 2, is still in my mind... I've got the idea and some advice from my frien Pedro, but I haven't done anything yet...
Copinstar © Oficial Site

sthomannch

I finished the game, and the gameplay was interesting. Hope to see more. But I think I found a bug, because I got stuck early in the game and when I restarted it and chose another sequence of actions, I succeeded. It was about the ingredients for the sleeping potion: first get the ingredients that you can collect without doing anything in advance. But if you follow the instructions in the cave and
Spoiler

plant the seed instead of collecting the yellow flower before entering the cave
[close]
you get stuck. Anyway, a nice game.

Michael Beck

I tried to download the translated versions, and got a 404 error.  And the link on the game page itself only leads to the Spanish version.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

From the Hints and Tips thread, author Joe Carl:

QuotePD: Te pido un favor, ve a este Post: http://americangirlscouts.org/bbc.com/yabb/index.php?topic=28797.0
y a ver si m pueds pner algo bueno porque desde luego... estoy arto dl tio ese kris muc, q solo m crtica i m crtica, no sabe acer otra cosa... mens mal q no sabe hablr espñol
(stoi scribndo asi pa q no lo meta en un tradctor y se ntere )

How nice of you.

"Do me a favour, please, go to this thread and write something nice because right now... I've had enough of this "KrishMuc" guy, who just criticizes and criticizes, it's like it's all he does... at least he doesn't speak spanish (I'm writing like this [missing letters here and there] so that he can't dump it into a translator and read it)."

Nice, very nice.

I'm playing the game right now, and am so motivated by it (not) that I came immediately to the Hints and Tips forum to read them and just play on 'till the end. Now I've been very much put off by your attitude as a game creator towards criticism. Criticism that is well founded - listen very carefully to the people that don't even bother to play your game after a certain point. If most game developers did that, we wouldn't have Still Life's cookie recipe puzzle, for one, I'm sure.

Congratulations, you've turned me off your games.

BTW, re this one game - it's very bad form to have little to no response when interacting with hotspots. Actually, this is probably what dis-motivated me the most. You could try listening to criticism, you know.

EDIT - Also, I can tell you right now *why* it's bad design. One of the puzzles rely on first having the player LOOK at the hotspot to find out one of its properties - only then can the player use the relevant inventory item. Now, why should we bother to look at anything when it's very clear that hardly anything at all triggers any kind of response? It's common sense - train the player in that it's useless to try things to see what happens... and they'll stop trying. And then what is there left to do, in an adventure game?
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Joe

OK this could make people think I'm a bad person. I'm not saying that I'm not. You'll have to decide it yourselves.

I listened to criticism and realised the BIG FLAW, I'm really sorry with all the related people who criticised me. I know you do it with all the best purposes. So thanks

If I haven't released any update it's becaus I've got no time enough to do it. If I could find any time to do it I will. I'm "new" at this of making games and really didn't know how people use to answer. Well you never go to bed with the same knowledge of the day before.

PD: Rui, I never use sarcasm in this cases, I think a person should not defend him/herself when he/she knows he/she is in the wrong way.
Is there any way to fix this?
Copinstar © Oficial Site

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

The "update" and the "sarcasm" bit, if anyone cares, is a response to the PM I sent Joe Carl in response to the PM he sent me. Why he decided to post his reponse here in the open, since a couple of things got said that were only my opinion and represented no one else's, is anyone's guess. That includes the "release new version" thing and the capitals in "BIG FLAW" - they're mine, they don't represent anyone else's opinion.

I don't want to start a flame war, and I'm afraid this might turn into that, so I'll leave it at this. I've said all I wanted anyway. I just want to add this - I dislike the attitude that drove you into posting that thing, Joe Carl... but, as they say, to err is human (and I must admit this particular attitude rather ruffled my feathers). However, I had to make you see where you had erred. Since you became extremely defensive since I posted that, I assume you yourself understand what was wrong.

Fix this? Well, AFAIK nothing's broken. There's plenty other games out there with flaws that make me curse very loudly, most of them a lot more lackluster than yours, and there's plenty of people that behave worse here and everywhere else. Nothing's broken. As long as you don't want me to pretend it never happened. I prefer to bask in the knowledge that people have learned from inhospitable situations, it makes them better people than the people who "pretend it never happened".

In order to keep this more on-topic... the english translation is good enough, there's just a couple of small little details here and there - can't be helped, really, unless you're a native speaker. The one thing that didn't translate well was the "rod"... which is really a "wand", though "rod" and "wand" can be pretty different things. That brought on some confusion. Otherwise, and when you look past the issues raised here (and in my PM), the game *is* entertaining, and though some puzzles could do with some help...

Spoiler
waving rod on volcano is a bit of a leap, and finding the knife is a pixel-hunt - the knife looks just like the background grass
[close]

...they all made sense, and they were fair. That's important.

Kneel. Now.

Joe

Ok I think everything is right now.

The discussion finishes here. However if anyone wants to continue it... (Hope it won't happen)

PD:Thanks! I won't forget this, this has been great (and  I'm really not using sarcasm) I really liked this discussion. Thanks for correcting me about the rod, now i know it's a wand. But then, What is a rod?
Copinstar © Oficial Site

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Well, a rod IS kinda like a stick, and kinda like a wand, I suppose - just the name of a cylindrical object. The difference is that "wand" makes it clearer that it's a magical object, as in "magic wand"...

...unless you didn't want it hinted like that, in which case I stand corrected. :)

Kneel. Now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk