Dragonslash, the adventure-mystery cross breed game with paint images!

Started by neelhound, Mon 23/10/2006 20:18:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Candall

Quote from: neelhound on Tue 24/10/2006 20:01:24
get 'immersed' in the game. Get juiced up by the colour.Ã,  Find the real adventure in it. Find the mystery...Get into the game!

Well, here's the problem... that's not going to happen. Ã, I know that everyone has come off as harsh, but in honesty, they speak wisdom. Ã, Don't take any of this personally.

You're excited about the world that you've created. Ã, That much is obvious. Ã, Your excitement isn't enough to sell the idea to us, though. Ã, You speak of Paint graphics as if the idea is revolutionary; as if it's your selling point. Ã, Well, the brutal truth is that it's hardly that.

Paint is the program that people whip out when they want to crank out a picture of something without investing anything in it. Ã, See the MSPaint game in the Competitions forum... it says it all.

Nothing about this game matches your enthusiasm here on the forum. Ã, That main character should be the link between us and the world, but the truth is that it's just too generic and uninspired design-wise to make us care about how many dragon jewels we can find. Ã, I realize that character design is not easy, but tell the truth... did you spend more than ten minutes on that drawing and the walk cycle combined?

Rushing your ideas out of your head past your hands so quickly will not do them any service. Ã, I'm sorry... that's just how it is.

Khris

People take time to give you valuable criticism and you respond with "whatever :D"?

And: there's a link called "Modify" in the top right of your every post, use it.
Don't clutter up your own thread with the same generic description of the game, modify the initial post.

skyfire2

I think this game is a awesome idea. You must be the first person to think of using ms paint images. OMG! LOL! I can't wait to download it!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

neelhound

1:Saying 'whatever' dosnt mean that I didnt read and take in the comments. I actually did and I changed it. I said whatever as to say 'ok', instead of starting an argument.
2:thanks Skyfire1, try out the game and leave your comments. If it gets boring, tell me, i wont get offended.

Candall

Dude.  Not that I'm offended... I'm not...

But "whatever" means "please assume that I have discarded your words entirely," not "Okay."

You're not going to start an argument with me; of that I can assure you.  If you have a problem with anything I said, tell me.  We can discuss things rationally.

timlump

Das Plans

I sense something; a presence that I have not felt since ...

dsg_charly

OMG, this topic is 3 pages now !!!

This game must be something !

Must... download... it...

No, I can continue resisting.

neelhound

remember, anyone whos downloaded it at all and actually played it, plz leave comments here-new forums r comin up

skyfire2

Quote from: neelhound on Thu 26/10/2006 09:36:41
remember, anyone whos downloaded it at all and actually played it, please leave comments here-new forums are comin up

OMG! You can never forget about your new forums! That way, everyone can leave this one.  :) ;) :D

deadsuperhero

Quote from: skyfire1 on Thu 26/10/2006 17:24:53
Quote from: neelhound on Thu 26/10/2006 09:36:41
remember, anyone whos downloaded it at all and actually played it, please leave comments here-new forums are comin up

OMG! You can never forget about your new forums! That way, everyone can leave this one.  :) ;) :D
Stop picking on the kid, and shut the hell up.  ;)
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

MrColossal

Skyfire, stop acting like a 13 26 year old...

Please, if all you want to do is make fun of someone, don't bother posting, how many times do we have to tell you?
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

petaglair

Quote from: MrColossal on Thu 26/10/2006 19:21:40
Skyfire, stop acting like a 13 26 year old...

Please, if all you want to do is make fun of someone, don't bother posting, how many times do we have to tell you?

i agree, i think neelhound has borne enough. After all he is actually putting efforts...

Pétaglair
Avec Nutricrotte° je voie là  differanse j'est même developper du mucsle

Khris

And please, for the love of god, don't quote the whole. friggin'. previous. post.

This is by far the most irritating forum-habit ever, and yet, there are *still* people doing it.

Edit: Check out the absolutely hilarious two posts below. I'm still rolling on the floor, laughing. As it is, I can barely type. Ow, my stomach hurts. The hilariousness. (We can only hope that petaglair's going to edit my quote in his post, so this hilarious joke doesn't get ruined.)

petaglair

Quote from: KhrisMUC on Fri 27/10/2006 00:44:55
And please, for the love of god, don't quote the whole. friggin'. previous. post.

This is by far the most irritating forum-habit ever, and yet, there are *still* people doing it.

indeed
That's not today you're changing this good old irritating world .
Avec Nutricrotte° je voie là  differanse j'est même developper du mucsle

skyfire2

Quote from: petaglair on Fri 27/10/2006 01:41:42
indeed
That's not today you're changing this good old irritating world .
What does that mean?

ManicMatt

Come on Skyfire, it's just broken english!

Translation:

Today is not the day you change this good, and old, irritating world.

EDIT: I believe saying "Meh" on the internet is just like saying "whatever".

Theeph

Heh. This is amusing.

A segue however: in America "whatever" is something of an insult I am told. In Australia, and possibly places elsewhere it means a kind of passive, go-with-the-flow type remark like neelhound intended.

There. Resume humour....... now!

Buckethead

I kinda wonder how you were adable to make this game in the first place... if you couldn't even understand how to post an image.  :-\

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk