"Aaaaaaaah! La porte noire" new demo

Started by petaglair, Tue 24/10/2006 17:35:45

Previous topic - Next topic

petaglair

hi
I starded again the dev of my adv game "la porte noire"
I posted a "working" link to my new demo (it's more of a work in progress in debug mode: almost no interactions). this demo as been updated with ags 2.72 and added 3 new backgrounds.
so you can go around the house and on the roof top using the rain pipe go outside the house then use "ctrl" + "x" to check other bg from 0 to 23 (14 to 22 are similar though) , 13 to 23 are new ones. You can report bugs but it's not a big issue since i'm only working on the garphics for now, will script afterwards.

other things you can do in the demo: once inside the house you can freely visit the inside and go out ;
in front of the videogame store you can use the door to enter and go out;
you can pick up items in some rooms but not all, for the moment;
GUI's up right...

enjoy and give me feedbacks

Thanx

Pétaglair

edit:
sorry for the missing bits here they are>>>>>
download here
but i posted a link in the demo section of the site.

brief description:

this game is about some tristan trying to enter some kind of party where he seems not having been invited, but there is a mistery about this party which is revealed at the end of the game...

about the ambiance it's inspired by lucas arts games like sam'n' max or dott.

Among other things you will have to fights dragons, play video games ,do body building, kill people, fool a cyborg, solve riddles...when the game is finished hopefully.

Edit 10/27/2006 :
now you can go to screen 24 and 25 since i updated the link in the demos section of the site.

Edit 04/24/2007 :
you can reach bg 29 thru the debug
a link to the video of the game here and here
links to the big pics: inventory, house, city, cave, upstairs, chiottes, dragons
Avec Nutricrotte° je voie là  differanse j'est même developper du mucsle

petaglair

new background is out, i'll soon upload an updated demo in the demo section of the site
in this one you can now freely walk upstairs in the house and go in the room on the left.

keep in mind that i'm only working on the graphical part for the moment, almost no interactions available, sorry.

Pétaglair

CosmoQueen

KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Sylvia

This looks great!!!! Can't wait to play..

petaglair

hi
;D

i uploaded an updated version of my work in regress.
Now you can go to screen 26 thru the debug mode.

download it now!! here

Pétaglair

petaglair

hi

uploaded new version, now you can go to bg 27 and 28.
i will edit this post with new screenshots tomorrow, now i gonna have a sleep.

good night.
Pétaglair

petaglair

hi
i'm back to work on my game, i know it's been a long time since i started to work on the project, but it's supposed to be a big game.

a new WIP is available to download in the demo section of the bigbluecup site (see the link in the first post).

What's new?
Well, first a fully working custom inventory screen as well as all the sprites for the inventory items (as i keep it in debug mode for the moment you can check out all the inventory items by pressing ctrl + s)
a new background (number 29 in the debug (ctrl +X))
a wall that disapear when you enter the toilets ( you have to stand at the very bottom of the screen to see the wall then to enter the actual room to see it disapear
revealing the rest of the room....it's not very clear but you'll get it if you test it)
started to work on some interactions but nothing very playable for the moment, only visiting is allowed.
There's an official webpage for my game now http://gravitonprod.free.fr/laportenoire.html
videos of the game here and here

I'll edit my posts with new screenshots soon.

Bye
Pétaglair

Nikolas

why does this thread have so little replies?

The screennies look really fine.

I'm just dead busy to try out the demo really... Sorry 'bout that...

But good luck on the game

petaglair

Thanx a lot i'm working really hard to finish it  :)

Pétaglair

Steel Drummer

Looks awesome! Is this going to be in English, or French?
I'm composing the music for this game:

petaglair

In french for the moment but as soon as i finish the game i will add an english translation of course

joelphilippage

This looks really fun! I hope you get it finished.

Steel Drummer

Quote from: petaglair on Tue 24/04/2007 23:40:55
In french for the moment but as soon as i finish the game i will add an english translation of course

That's good. I hope the transition to English will be smoother than other AGS games. Some games are virtually unplayable because of horrible grammar in English.
I'm composing the music for this game:

dsg_charly

I love your graphix style, it's really impressive.  :)

Too things though:
- the main character outline is larger than the overall style, it distrubs me (a little bit).
- I don't like the title (I'm french).

That's it, good luck, continue with this quality of drawing.

Bravo!

petaglair

hi steel drummer
Don't worry about that, i'll do my best

hi dsg_charly
the characters and especially the main character style is a bit different i agree, it needs to be scaled but that wouldn't change your feeling i guess.However it doesn't bother me since there is always a difference between characters and the overall style in cartoon movies or in some 2d video games (monkey island 3 or even in sam n max in a way), and i wanted the main character to be different from the others, so...

For the title...well matter of taste i would say... But
I think you will have to see the game finished to see the irony in that title.
En effet je préfère le dire en français, il ya un décalage entre le style de jeu et le titre qui rappelle plutôt un film d'angoisse(très cliché), c'est juste un effet comique.Quant au "Aaaaaaaaaaah !.." c'est juste pour être dans les premiers jeu de la liste à télécharger, c'est un working title en qq sorte (le vrai titre étant "La porte noire" mmmmhm scary! isn't it?) ;)

anyway thanx for your comments and critics

bigger images:
pic1, pic2, pic3
Pétaglair

dsg_charly

:= <
[french talkin' mode]
C'était surtout le "Aaaaaaaah" qui me dérangeait. Pour le personnage, c'est aussi par rapport au personnage du premier screen qui lui s'intègre plus au décor.
[/french talkin' mode]

I'm really impatient to use this strange items.  :o

See ya!  :D

petaglair

ok i understand what you mean. When the game is finished i'll see if it's a good idea to redraw the main character, but I cannot promise....

Pétaglair

petaglair

some sreenshots, and i go back to work:

big1, big2, big3

Pétaglair

Ubel

Wow, this is looking truly beautiful. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk