Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth Demo Help

Started by thewalrus, Tue 24/10/2006 20:05:10

Previous topic - Next topic

thewalrus

Okay, I just started playing the F.O.Y. demo last night and I'm stuck a little bit in to it:

[/spoiler] How do I get past the drunken nazi???
Spoiler

[close]
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

sthomannch

thewalrus
Spoiler

First, talk to the men in town and exhaust all dialogs. This will give you some clues.

You examined the cup and the toolbox, that are at the accident site? You have to find something to knock out the soldier. Somebody in town can help you. Come back later and distract the guy.
[close]

thewalrus

Spoiler
I must be missing something obvious, cause I still don't know how to get past the dunken nazi. I can't use any item on him and if I get near him it just says don't shoot and I end up walking away.
[close]
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

Lynn

thewalrus
Spoiler
You will get something from the fisherman once you have found his needle
[close]

thewalrus

Lynn, yes, i got that but I don't know what to do with it!!!
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

sthomannch

thewalrus
Spoiler

use knife (from toolbox) on wires, use the wires and immediately hide behind that big tree with the scars. When the guard examines the car, go quickly to the left but do not leave the screen. Put pills in canteen, that's it.
[close]

thewalrus

Okay....

[/spoiler] How do I get the shovel unstuck???
Spoiler

[close]
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

sthomannch

thewalrus,
you are not going to dig :-)
Spoiler

Did you already get past the big guard at the barrier?
[close]

Dewkiss

Dewkiss

yeppee I finished the demo bring on the full game!!!!!

Please

thewalrus

I agree, the demo was great! Can't wait for the full version.....
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

Stupot

Sorry for digging up this old thread.
Didn't seem much point in starting a new topic, though.
This is a bug report, not a request for hintage, but there doesn't seem to be any official game threads seeing as the game is still in Demo stage.

Spoiler
Basically, I saved my game last night while Indy was standing behind the tree and the Drunken Nazi was looking at the car, and then today I loaded up the game and Indy was stuck behind the tree... I tried reloading several times, but it looks as though I'm going to have to revert to a previous save game.
[close]

PS, what is the situation with this game?  Its been in demo stage for yonks!!!

m0ds

Hehe, oops! Haven't heard of that error before, but thanks! We'll look into problems like this in future versions, it sounds like you will need to replay and save elsewhere now though. I'm sure you've tried clicking everywhere? It might be worth clicking the tree, or trying to "use" tree...I can't quite remember how Indy's route to the back of the tree is triggered.

As for the game, it's been in production even longer!!! ;) It's coming along slowly.....its just a damn lot of work for several very busy people. But there is some amazing stuff being developed :) The intro section is our main focus right now, there's a lot of artwork, animation, several characters, huge rooms & teh action sequences which are all taking a long time to come together. But they, and the rest of the game, will. Just don't die within the next 5 years, and you might play it. :p

Stupot

Cool.  I'll try not to.
I'm no sure why it's taken me this long to get round to playing the demo, but I'm glad I have.  It is fantastic and I can't wait for the full version.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk