Newbies introduce yourselves here!

Started by Queen Kara, Wed 21/04/2004 00:20:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

Dream

Hey AGS peoples!

I'm an artist looking forward to making my first adventure game. I've got the story and a walkthrough ready, and some background and character sketches started. I've got a lot of research to do about working with AGS and I hope to learn from all you experienced game devs.

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

Kinda new myself, but welcome to the forums anyway, and I really look forward to seeing what interesting games you can make :)

EDIT:  Thank you Gurok and arj0n :)

Gurok

Welcome to the forum, Dream! And tma`1 :D
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

arj0n

Welcome to the forums T.M.A and Dream.
Tycho joined the current Coloring Ball compo, hope to see you in the next C.B. compo as well, Dream :)

Dream

Thanks! :D

I'll look out for the next Coloring Ball, arj0n.

arj0n

Quote from: Dream on Mon 29/05/2017 12:07:53
I'll look out for the next Coloring Ball, arj0n.
Tycho is coming up with a new one soon, stay tuned ;)

Gendgi

Hello, I am Gendgi I am married I have 3 cats I work in retail and...I love adventure games :p also wanted to try and make a game but I am super amateur ...lol anyways amazing games here by amazing artists/coders :)

arj0n

Izera

Hello everyone!
I was always in love with classic adventure games. I mostly played Lucas Arts creations when I was young. As I grew older less and less adventure games came out each year, so I used the magic of internet to play older titles I never had a chance to experience back in the day. However, I did my best to avoid Sierra titles as the idea of death and getting stuck was rather unappealing.

Some time has passed and I eventually ran out of non-Sierra games to play so I finally gave Space Quest a shot. I'm Sierra fan ever since. I'm deeply in love with most of their games and I enjoyed playing them much more than many of the Lucas Arts titles (I still like them a lot though! Especially Grim Fandango).

Now I'm mustering all the artistic and programming skills I have to create Sierra-style adventure game as a tribute and personal "I'm sorry for hating your games for no reason" letter.

I encourage everyone who haven't played Sierra titles for the same reasons to finally give it a shot. You'll be surprised how fun they are!

Edit: Sorry for my English :) It's not my native language

Danvzare

Quote from: Izera on Sun 16/07/2017 10:43:40
I encourage everyone who haven't played Sierra titles for the same reasons to finally give it a shot. You'll be surprised how fun they are!
I'm one of those people... sort of. I actually have tried giving them a shot, but only got so far as the beginning. Because damn they're hard games. Still, with a walkthrough and a few hours each day, I'm sure I could complete them all.
I just need to do it one of these days.

Also, welcome to the AGS forums Izera. :-D

BigHairyEyeball

Hey, amigos y amigas! Newbie to AGS here, looking to make some friends and pick your brains for ideas. I'm working on a POC adventure game as part of my Master's Thesis, so I figured coming here and joining up would be the smart thing to do. I'm also a graphic designer and a pixel art fanatic, so if you guys need any help with art, feel free to buzz me. I've got some of the pixel art for my game REDWORLD up here, if anyone wants to look at it: http://imgur.com/a/pSdcn

Looking forward to talking with you folks!

AnasAbdin

BigHairyEyeball: I already like you (laugh)
I can feel I'm playing your game even by looking at backgrounds and sprites (nod)

BigHairyEyeball

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Mon 31/07/2017 21:58:06
BigHairyEyeball: I already like you (laugh)
I can feel I'm playing your game even by looking at backgrounds and sprites (nod)

Thanks! I'm doing my best. It's, uh, slow going, but I'm working out the kinks in the software one board at a time. :D

Danvzare

Nice to meet you BigHairyEyeball.
Refreshments are over there, and rubber chickens with pulleys in the middle are over there. There are no fire exits, so in the event of a fire, just walk around exclaiming you can't do that.

Good luck with that game you're making for your Master's Thesis. :-D

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

Welcome aboard BigHairyEyeball! 

BigHairyEyeball

Gracias, gracias - I think I'm going to fit in well here. :wink:

Umbrella Terms

Hi everyone!

I've been playing adventure games for years now, starting with the Secret of Monkey Island. My top 3 adventure games are: Gabriel Knight Sins of the Fathers, Sanitarium, and Beneath a Steel Sky. I have an idea for an adventure game that I'll hopefully be able to start working on soon and show you all, but as of right now I have a youtube channel where I review/analyze video games with a focus towards design.  The adventure genre fascinates me as I believe it to be the genre that is most dependent on design, and I feel like there is a lot of unexplored elements/ideas that could make the adventure genre even better than it already is!

It is nice to meet you all and looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Umbrella Terms Youtube Channel

Izera

Quote from: BigHairyEyeball on Mon 31/07/2017 15:14:44
I've got some of the pixel art for my game REDWORLD up here, if anyone wants to look at it: http://imgur.com/a/pSdcn

Is it by any chance inspired by Phantasm? :)

Also, hello and welcome to the forums (both you and Umbrella Terms) :)!

LimboJimbo84

Hi everyone, i'm Jim, pleased to meet you all :)

I am a massive adventure game fan, especially the Monkey Island and Broken Sword games. I met Ron Gilbert a few months ago at a Thimbleweed Park preview event, got my original Secret of Monkey Island box signed by the man himself. Yes, it is now my most treasured possession :smiley:

I have had my eye on AGS for some years now, and have only just started contributing to the forums. From my experience so far it is a great little community, and I look forward to speaking more with you all in the future!

I have been developing a game by myself on AGS for a year now, and am set to announce it in games in production very soon, so watch this space.

Cheers everyone! :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk