Author Topic: Newbies introduce yourselves here!  (Read 140239 times)

Re: Newbies introduce yourselves here!
« Reply #1060 on: 02 Oct 2017, 13:41 »
Hi
I am new here. It was my friend Blondebraid who asked me to come here! I am a 25 years old MSC in media technology and game developement and am exited to join the community.

« Reply #1061 on: 06 Oct 2017, 03:17 »
Hi
I am new here. It was my friend Blondebraid who asked me to come here! I am a 25 years old MSC in media technology and game developement and am exited to join the community.
Hi Hortencya12, welcome and hope you have a great time here. I am new here too. I am a 30-ish male, came from Malaysia. I hope to do something- anything- with this wonderful AGS. I am really grateful for this. I have little c++ background, and I feel let there is an egg waiting to be hatched inside me, as long as I do it with AGS. I hope everyone can have their eggs hatched in this forum, I have got a dream !!!! You got a dream too, I know it!

« Reply #1062 on: 14 Nov 2017, 18:08 »
Hi there!
Long-time adventure gamer and amateur artist here. :smiley: Hoping to use these forums for inspiration-of-sorts and to coincide with my AGS learning (also I like the thought of connecting with other adventure gamers such as yourselves). A bit about me - I'm a 31 year old woman originally from Sydney, Australia but more recently I moved to London, U.K. I've been into video games ever since my dad brought home an Amiga when I was little. My favourite adventure games are probably Darkfall II, Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers & Sanitarium. Favourite shows include The Leftovers, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Westworld, and Tengen Toppa Gurren Langann. Nice to meet all of you! :grin:
Harry is a cheerful fellow! He would put his hand in the fire for his wife's cooking.

« Reply #1063 on: 17 Nov 2017, 08:09 »
Hi guys,

So after being a rather silent member for over half a year now, I thought maybe I'll give this introduction thread a try.

So, I'm loslem. I'm a lab technician from germany. So much for my day-job.

I think the first idea of making an adventure game came to my mind when I started hosting small pen&paper adventures for my friends. If I write stories and swtting and riddles...why not make a point&click thing out of it. I just googled around, found some blogs about engines and decided AGS looks the best. So I got it, tried around with it and thought "a dang, you'll need a programmer and a graphics guy...". So I didn't really think I would continue with it.
Fast forward three weeks. I'm looking like a crack addict, because I was scripting random stuff in the templates just to see if it works, spending 3 hours to figure out why a code won't work, then getting it to work, celebrating for 5 minutes and picking the next problem to solve. But: it was fun, so I thought "maybe you could do this". So I continued.

I realize I'm writing a whole memoire here, I'll wrap it up:
If it comes to art I'm a jack of all trades. I don't know how to do a thing? Heck, I'll figure something out. This also correlates with my love of punk-art and garage-rock. There is no you cannot do it. Just begin somewhere and make the best you can. Of course mostly the stuff has a raw or thrashy style, often going somewhere dark. But that's stuff I enjoy, so that's stuff I make.
I draw, I write stories, I make music, and most recently... seems I like making games.

It's good to be with you guys, a lot of helping folks around here, I hope to submit more games over the next years :)

CaptainD

• I can help with play testing
    •  
    • I can help with story design
    •  
    • I can help with voice acting
    •  
  • CaptainD worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!CaptainD worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
« Reply #1064 on: 17 Nov 2017, 08:47 »
Hi LimboJimbo84, Hortencya12, BunnyDeFluff, omg.ninja and Loslem!  Always great to see the community growing.  Hope you enjoy yourselves here and make some great games over the coming years. ;-D