Newbies introduce yourselves here!

Started by Queen Kara, Wed 21/04/2004 00:20:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Edward

We canucks have to stick together.

Go Flames Go, by the by.

poorkie

yo my name is poorkie here couse of an orgie ;0~
I'm a adventuregamefreak. And music producer.
I like BOYD and other stuff..Ã,  :-*

Welcome, Homies. Have a good stay, essa. DO not be playa hating. ja ja ja ja ja G unit.
It was an acciDENT he ran toward me and I hated him and I accidentally pullED OUT MY knife I had spent 5 hours sharpening.

Gurok

'ello. I'm new, so I thought I'd post here.

I'm about 20 years old, a full time computer science student and enjoy playing old SNES games and watching Audrey Hepburn movies in my spare time.

I just made a post in the Critics Lounge forum, and more recently, you would have seen me in general discussion. I'd like to get off on the right foot here, so I'll extend a friendly welcome to some of the other recent newbies that posted here, poorkie, Batgirl1979 (woop! SP-fan?) and Pumaman.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

kl4Uz

hiho,

my name is klaus, I'm 18 years old and I live in Austria near the swiss and german border. Well although I didn't really play computer games like Maniac Manison when they first came out, I'm a huge SCUMM games fan - well and I like the newer ones, like MI4 or Grim Fandango too. Well, I started doing text adventures written in qbasic on my first 286 when I was 8 years old - they really sucked hards. A few years later I started to do 3D games with 3D Gamestudio, just some small stuff, and I never really finished that stuff. Well at the moment I'm finishing high school and I just had my written exams two weeks ago. At the moment I _should_ learn for my oral exams, but I found AGS by accident  :-\  I guess you all know what that means ---> not time for school :)

I was always into music (play guitar myself) and drawing (although i suck when it comes up to that). But what I liked most where books and stories. That's why I wanna do adventures.

Well that's all about me. I've got this little website http://www.kl4uz.tk or http://got.w00t.at/kl4Uz. There are some pictures of me and my friends and some other crappy stuff.

see you guys  8)  :)

Rey

Hi, My real name is Daljit and my net name is reyÃ,  ;D. I'm new here so i decided to post here for my first post!! I'd also like to get some help on finding a site that gives you free webspace and good service. Oh i'm 14 and I live in Surrey, B.C in canada. 8)

kristofski

Hi kids! Just thought I'd come along and make my presence officially recognised on these boards. I'm bluecanary, aka kristofsk, aka Chris, aka that wierd kid who talks too much. I like reading science and philosophy, and I'm also very into music and the local DIY gig scene.
I only got into these games a few months ago when i discoverd MOTAS and wasted much of my time on it (Though it did inspire my final project at college, so it did have usefulness after all. Yay!)
I'm 19 and I live in Leeds, UK. I've just finished an art foundation course here in leeds and I'm off to Cardiff next year to do graphic communication, which I am well looking forward to! I use the computer alot for my work, mainly illustrator and photoshop, and I've begun using director for my college work (only cos they don't have flash on the college computers). I'm currently planning out my first game, I know how the puzzle's going to go and I'm just drawing out all the backgrounds and stuff so that I can put them together with all this scary scripting gubbins.
Anyway, i've rambled enough, feel free to PM me or add me to msn messenger and stuff if you feel like wasting some of your precious hours on this earth in inane conversation. Oh yeah, anyone who likes scripting but not drawing or plot-thinking-upping, drop us a line and maybe we can collaberate and stuff:)
Chris
wow, a blue car!

www.bluecanary.deviantart.com

I just realised something.. I've been coming to these boards about 3/4 months nopw and become a (hopefully) helpfull and active member of the community and I've never introduced myself..

So hello, I'm Scuthbert and I have an alcohol problem I'm new here!

Barbarian

Greetings everyone... I'm a newbie here to AGS and the forums.
Ã,  Ã,  My name is "Big" Don.Ã,  :)Ã, 
I choose "Barbarian" as my handle here as I'm a long-time fan of Robert E. Howards "Conan the Barbarian" character.
I'm currently 36 years old, I'm a Canadian, but currently I'm residing in Hong Kong.
Hobbies / Interests: Martial-Arts, computers & video-games, exercise, movies, reading, travel (when I can afford)...

I'm a long time computer-user (for about 22 years, I started back in the 'old Vic=20 / C=64 days) and am a big fan of Adventure Games, also with many years of RPG experience in my youth (Dungeons & Dragons kinda games).Ã, 

I used to program games waaay back on my 'ol Vic=20 & C-64 'puters, and using computers has been a big part of my life ever since. I currently do some web-programming/promoting and as well teach Jujitsu for means of income, but it looks like I may very soon be a published author if things works out like I hope .

Anyways, I found the wonderful AGS site and program a little over a month ago and have been becoming more familier with it everyday. I've been working a few hours each day with AGS, and my "first game" that I've been working on is really starting to shape up now.
You can see See more about my game in production, "Big Don's Adventure" ,over at:
http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/index.php?topic=14181.0

Keep up the good work all you Adventure Gamers!
I see a lot of great talent out there.

*Salutes*
Best regards,
---- Big Don, the Barbarian.
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

sunflower1980

:)  Hi.  I'm new (duh) and saw this discussion and thought I would say hello.  I've downloaded and played quite a few games from the AGS site and I have to say that there are a lot of talented people here.  I would like to play some version of the old game Spy Vs. Spy.  So, if anyone knows where i could download the original or a remade version, let me know.  Thanks.

Scummbuddy

- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Batgirl1979

Quote from: Dart on Sat 15/05/2004 19:10:34
Batgirl... What city in Ontario do you live in?

It's nice to meet another person who lives in Canada. :)

Sorry I haven't reply sooner, computer went on the fritz.
I live in Hamilton which is about 45 minutes from Toronto.
:)
A witty saying proves nothing~Voltaire

Jeku

Hey guys,

I'm from Vancouver, and I'm new around here but I'm not new to programming.   I work at a large video game company in real life, and I enjoy tinkering in my spare time.  You might have seen one of my previous games, WordTris, and right now I'm updating it using C++/Direct3D.

Adventure games, however, have always been my passion.  I can't wait to get into making my dream game using AGS.  Since I'm a huge Space Quest fan, I will tribute it in some way or another :)

- Jeku

hearty

Alright! Wanna introduce myself. I'm Hazel, 23, from England. Haven't even tried making a game yet but I plan to do so as soon as I get a new computer. The heap I have at the moment wont let me do owt!!!

afinch

Hi all- I did not realize there was a place to introduce myself as I have never scrolled past the Hints and Tips Section.  I have just recently discovered AGS and I love the games.  Everyone here has been really helpful and nice so far so thanks all for making me feel welcome.  ;D

Alissa

Edwin Xie

Am I a newcomer? I think I am... it seems like time is so fast.
Moving at superhigh speed getting to the planet called Earth. But it is boxed in white......thing.....

iluciv

Hi just introducing myself, My Nicks Iluciv, I'm 29 enjoy older style games and looking forward to have time to finally learn AGS. I've known about the program for ages. Just no time to learn how to use it.  I look forward to putting out something that others might enjoy.

Later
Iluciv 

pixelcat

I've been posting here about a month but haven't introduced myself...  I'm 23, from Nova Scotia, Canada.  I still remember playing Zork for hours when I was 5 or 6, and my interest in adventures went up from there.  I've played/owned pretty much every original sierra adventure game... I think SQ3, PQ1/2 and KQ4 would have to be my favorites.  I've always been interested in making games, and have done a lot of modelling/texturing/levels for games like HL and JK, but now i'm really interested in 2D stuff and pixelart, so that's why i'm here.  I'm looking forward to making a game with AGS...

Welcome to everyone else... :)

ras_maxim

hell low my name is maxim i am being banned on every forum I register because  i am stupid and rude. I have been banned once on rastafari.ru, 4 times  in Versionist Riddim community, once on Jah rastafari forum, once on Rastafari.suddenlaunch.com, 3 times i was kicked out from Rasta Nick's Forum, and I don't remember what was earlier. Please don't kick me out of HERE!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk