MAGS December: Together

Started by Klaus, Tue 28/11/2006 17:25:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Akatosh

I'm about finished, but before I enter it: Mind if I semi-reuse my GUI (works in the same way and looks similar, that's everything) and some graphics (altered version) or shall I use the last ~30h to completly redo them?

/NOTE: Uh, I won't manage to finish it today. Will submit on the 26th, 11a.m. European time.

Klaus

Quote from: Akatosh on Mon 25/12/2006 17:31:12
Mind if I semi-reuse my GUI (works in the same way and looks similar, that's everything) and some graphics (altered version)
It's always nicer to see something new but if you're content with your altered graphics it's okay, too. Actually you should start with "nothing" but now as it is Christmas time... :)

Now for those who are still hardly working on a game: 15 1/2 hours are still left (see timestamp of this posting). cu later.

Charlo

I enter my game
The Title is Christmas42

Download here (Rapidshare)

http://rapidshare.com/files/8995200/christmas42.rar.html
(click free -->  wait +- 1 minutes --->   enter code ---> click download)

~1mb

Akatosh

Hereby I prouldy enter Kristmas Krisis:

AGS Games Database:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?category=2&action=detail&id=825&refresh1167141671

Screeny:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a23/FAMILIAR_QUEST/screen2.png

Download: http://www.uploadyourfiles.de/546a37d1594c37d4d36fed43eedf10f4/a1he8/Download.html
(wait till the countdown reaches 0 - about 15sec - then click on the link behind "Ihr Downloadlink:")

I know it's a bit unusual to use a german hosting service, but it's trust, nearly ad-free, safe and the only one which didn't reject the file.

To illustrate where to click: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a23/FAMILIAR_QUEST/ajajasja.png

Size: About 3 MB

Klaus

I really hoped for some more entries but as we reached the deadline already some hours ago now let's start the voting.

For voting please visit the MAGS site or make your choice right here:

Kristmas Krisis by Akatosh
Christmas42 by Culun_dog

Please vote only once and be sure to have played all games before sending your voice! Good luck to all participants.

Radiant

Yay! Thanks for entering, and I hope you had a merry christmas.

My vote goes to Culun_dog. I enjoyed both games but I like this one better because of its elegance.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

So we can vote here *instead of* voting on the MAGS page, or do we *have* to go there for the final vote?

My vote goes to Culun_dog as well. The concept actually made me smile and feel good. :) KK suffers a bit from the "cumbersomeness" I quite disliked in KoffeeKrisis, both in interface and in general style (the 1st room, for instance - I found all those special effects quite annoying).
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Klaus

Quote from: Rui "Trovatore" Pires on Wed 27/12/2006 18:31:31
So we can vote here *instead of* voting on the MAGS page, or do we *have* to go there for the final vote?
It means you can either visit the MAGS site (and navigate to the voting section) or you simply click on one of the links listed in the voting post which will directly call the page on the MAGS site without having to browse the site.

Stating your choice here on the boards is nice for the paricipants and some info why you voted that way is also helpful for further game creations BUT this won't be counted as vote.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Right-o, that's cleared up. I went and voted now, and on the plus side I was nice for the participants and was helpful for further game creations. Joy!

Kneel. Now.

Akatosh

Quote from: Rui "Trovatore" Pires on Wed 27/12/2006 18:31:31
KK suffers a bit from the "cumbersomeness" I quite disliked in KoffeeKrisis, both in interface and in general style (the 1st room, for instance - I found all those special effects quite annoying).

Well, you could have told me that before I did KristmasKrisis, couldn't you  :P - I mean, your only comments on KoffeeKrisis were "There is a screenie on the games page" and something about "Brain Meltdown" because of the subtitle thing. There *is* a post comment function... but at least I've got some feedback now. Better late than never.

But hey, MAGS is there for practicing and gathering experience... so if I should lose, be sure to see me again next month! (with another gui and *no* cumbersomeness)

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

By the time I finished KoffeeKrisis, I didn't think it was worth dragging an already old thread, and I thought, hey, if no one else complained, I'll just let it rest. :)

Kneel. Now.

Klaus

So let's come to the end of this voting. It's not always the big games that win, this time it is a one room game... The winner of this month's competition is

Culun_dog and his entry Christmas42!

Congratulations! Also many thanks to Akatosh for joining the contest with his entry!
Happy New Year to all of you and see you again in 2007 with a new MAGS contest and the Maggies...

Urgent: Culun_dog please check your PM because of the new rule settings.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk