Larry Lotter and the Test of Time (available on Steam)

Started by Radiant, Sun 10/12/2006 01:24:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiant

[embed=640,390]http://youtu.be/Af9ILGe9_aY[/embed]

Larry Lotter and the Test of Time

It's time for the final exams at Magic University, and notorious slacker Larry Lotter is about to flunk all of them because he spent less time studying and more time drinking beer. But there is yet hope! Using a spell to travel back in time, he gets the chance to do his day over again and pull some tricks to pass the exams anyway! And he has to, because it's his Destiny.

Join Rob Greasley, Calliope DeRanged and Professor Mumblemore in this short Harry Potter parody, loosely based on the greatly admired books by J.K. Rowling. Watch the other characters act and interact off their own accord, and spin time back and forth to interfere.

Now available on Steam. This is the Deluxe version with improved higher-resolution graphics, a professional voice pack, and translations into into French, Brazilian Portuguese, German, Hungarian, Dutch, Russian, and Italian. It's originally a MAGS game but it's come a long way!

Thanks to Fizzii and Meerbat for the graphics; Jan Glembotzki for the music. Voice acting by Anthony Ingruber, Conrad Pallman, Dahlia Badanowski, Jean-michel Newberg, Jesse Lowther, Kristyn Mass & Michael Malconian.

CosmoQueen

KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Marion

Blackthorne

This was a boatload of fun - great interface and wonderful graphics.  Good job guys, I had a great time playin' it.

Bt
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

Iv4n

I found a bug: I get the global script error on line 305 - invalid character specified.

Radiant

Quote from: Iv4n on Sun 10/12/2006 19:51:46
I found a bug: I get the global script error on line 305 - invalid character specified.
Found & fixed.

strazer

Since this thread has been bumped, Radiant, did you see this:

Quote from: Michael Beck on Wed 29/11/2006 16:07:58
While playing Warthogs, after a minute or two of play the game stops working.  I didn't copy down the error information the first two times, but on the third the message was as follows:

Error:  run_text_script1:error - 6 running function "repeatedly execute"
Errror:  script appears to be hung (150001 loop iterations without an update) in
Character script(line 323)
from Global script(line 357)

Edit:

Ah, didn't see this was a new thread.

Radiant

Yes, I did. That's the bug that I had fixed when I started this thread. The solution is to download again :)

ManicMatt

My fave Radiant game so far!

I love how you made the people feel alive by making them wander around and have routines, and even chat with each other!

Lovely graphics, except the inventory screen - run out of time?

The wand fx is cool, but I would have had it do that only on the menu screen.

This game feels different enough to most AGS games, good job!

Tom S. Fox

Wow, this game is so full of cool awesomeness and awesome coolness!

Fizzii

QuoteThe wand fx is cool, but I would have had it do that only on the menu screen.

You can turn that off with the Sparkerimousa spell.
And turning off music is Musiquietam. ;)

The GUI is default AGS; indeed, there wasn't much time to make a new GUI as we only started on the game halfway through the month, during which we were also quite busy with real life.   

Ghost

I bow. This game's a hit. Graphics spot-in-place, good fun to play, a charming parody that's not at all tasteless- and Cuppit actually doing something useful, in all his blue usefullness. And I really had a good laugh when I recognised "Ron". What, me worry?

Consider you and your team as giving me a first little christmas present here, Rad.

Tom S. Fox

Quote from: Ghost on Wed 13/12/2006 00:54:28
And I really had a good laugh when I recognised "Ron". What, me worry?

[smartass]He's called "Alfred E. Neuman".[/smartmass]

Iv4n

Considering how great are those backgrounds in this game, that makes me even more eagerly waiting atotk! Congrats fizzii! Very well done.

Btw any progress with atotk?

raimo

The graphics are awesome but unfortunately I found the game somewhat messy. At times it was difficult to understand what exactly was happening with people running around and talking etc. I'm not sure if the game bugged or it if was supposed to be like that. But yeah I can imagine all that being basically because of the small amount of time. Oh yeah it was quite funny.

Fizzii

Quoteit was difficult to understand what exactly was happening with people running around and talking etc. I'm not sure if the game bugged or it if was supposed to be like that.

Yes, it's supposed to be like that. The other characters are interacting on their own while you do your own thing. I like that feature anyway, it the game more life. After you've played through the day once or twice, you should get the idea of what's going on anyway (since you have to repeat it to pass your exams ;)).

Iv4n - thanks! ATOTK is nearly finished. All necessary graphics are done, and I'll add in a few more animations as I like. Mainly scripting and bugfixing left, which is up to Radiant.

Radiant

Yep :) the point is that several things are happening simultaneously.

Da_Elf

Radiant

Quote from: ManicMatt on Tue 12/12/2006 22:28:35
Lovely graphics, except the inventory screen - run out of time?

Yep, I've just uploaded a new version that includes a prettier inventory screen.

Saberteeth

A bundle of laughs! :) (and the graphics are nice, too)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk