Super Jazz Man (playable demo now available)

Started by Gregjazz, Fri 22/12/2006 06:51:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

I've finished it, and killed the boss.
Brilliant game, thanks a lot.
Difficult to say how long it took to complete... I tend to take a while anyway, because I like to click on everything and try ever combination just incase I've missed something., but I probably spent a total of about 6-8 hours playing it. over a period of 3 days... (Hey I do have a full time job you know).
I thought it might have been a tad longer but it was definatley worth the money.
;) ;) ;)
P.S Theres supposed to be 4 endings am I right???... I only got 3, could you PM me telling me what they are so I know which one I missed... cheers.

floorboards

I probably spent about 6 - 10 hours playing it as well. That's close enough to $1/hr of entertainment which is pretty great value compared to, say, a movie.

big brother

Seems like my estimate of (4-6 hours) is a little low. All the better.

I've only seen one complaint about length (on the AGS database games page).
Mom's Robot Oil. Made with 10% more love than the next leading brand.
("Mom" and "love" are registered trademarks of Mom-Corp.)

Stupot

Is there going to be a Super Jazz Man 2?

big brother

A wise friend once said: "Outlook not clear".

Honestly, we have no plans for a sequel right now. Maybe in the future, but I doubt it would be near.

Gregjazz

Super Jazz Man just received a nice review on Adventure Gamers. You can read it here: http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,719/

TheCheese33

Congrats on the good review! I would also like to say I would pay for Apprentice I II and III all Deluxe with voices packaged together. *hint* ;D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
need...More...WOUND!

Gregjazz

Heheh, not a bad idea! Voicing Apprentice II IS a significant amount of work since it has so much dialogue, but it'd be something to consider if we can afford it.

I can't say for sure, but I think we're planning that if you buy the CD/DVD version of Apprentice III you'll not only get Apprentice III (which will be high-res, a talkie, etc.), but also get some included goodies. (for example I think we're considering including Super Jazz Man!)

Seems like people think Super Jazz Man is on the short side (but of course, for the price...). Some people say it took 3 hours to beat, some say it takes 5-6 hours, and I know it took a few days for some people who got stuck in parts. There's a lot of funny interactions in Super Jazz Man, so you can beat through it really fast, or read all the dialogue and interactions and spend longer playing it.

We're over-compensating for this in Apprentice III. It's looking like it will be quite a long game from the design documents I've got. :)

Fleshstalker

I just downloaded & played Apprentice 1, 2 & deluxe yesterday for a few minutes just to check them out. I'm kinda new here, so I've been dowloading like crazy, which has been keeping me busy.  It sure is sweet to be new here and have so many great games to choose from.

Any how, you seem to put all of effort in these games. It truly is amazing and I quickly became a fan within the a few minutes of playing the Apprentice games. I am looking forward to Apprentice III. I'll probably send a money order when you release it. I like the idea of the CD case. That would be great.

Including Super Jazz Man would be sweet too if you would include it with Apprentice III (*hint hint* Special Edition for a little extra with goodies) Heheehee! ;D

Stupot

Hahaha.
I just got the confirmation Email from when I ordered the full version of SJM back in January.
Haha... I thought I was being charged for the game again until I read it properly.

6 months... and this is supposed to be the broadband era.

big brother

Heheheh. Read it again. It's a new version.

Gregjazz

Quote from: Stupot on Tue 26/06/2007 08:42:43
Hahaha.
I just got the confirmation Email from when I ordered the full version of SJM back in January.
Haha... I thought I was being charged for the game again until I read it properly.

6 months... and this is supposed to be the broadband era.

I just sent out the new version to all the customers, and the automated email comes in the form of a purchase notification. I included a message with the email saying it was the new version, but that doesn't change the email title. :P

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Oh, is there a new version out? Should we get notified? We don't have to buy again, do we? I didn't get any notification, is this ok?
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Gregjazz

Quote from: Rui "Trovatore" Pires on Thu 28/06/2007 11:20:08
Oh, is there a new version out? Should we get notified? We don't have to buy again, do we? I didn't get any notification, is this ok?

Yesterday I sent emails with links to download the updated version out to all of our customers, but I don't think my server liked the amount of emails I was attempting to send. I'm reconfiguring my email address, and I'll give it another try. Thanks for your patience!

Stupot

So what does the new version include? is it worth downloading it if we've already played the first version?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk