Unrated AGS games in the archieve

Started by JackAnimated, Sun 31/12/2006 14:25:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I think something to remember is that you should be playing (and reviewing) games you actually 'want' to play, not just because they aren't receiving attention.  The main problem I see with a lot of the old unrated games with few downloads is the descriptions simply aren't interesting overall.  A good description of your game that explains the fun aspects is key to attracting attention because let's face it, the games page is a competitive listing, where you are trying to get people interested enough in your game to play it.  As far as ratings go, you really can't force people to vote on a game because the majority of people are quite lazy and just want to play a game with no strings attached.

Stupot

Yeh I think the description is quite important in attracting attention to your game but I've also found that when I'm browsing the games, I go for the ones which have a decent screenshot... some of the games on the list havent got a screenshot or if they have theyre dead urls.

Also useful is a decent website to back it up, if you've got a webpage dedicated to the game then it adds to the impressiveness of the individuals effort amd makes you want to play the game more... well it does me anyway.

FSi++

Quote from: Akatosh on Thu 11/01/2007 17:17:38
/EDIT: Also rated AWIDT. The worst I've ever played, and that guy actually rated his own game best-possible.

Umm, actually it was me making out a bad joke.  :=

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

And of course jokes such as these make the rating a very useful and accurate source of information.

Not to mention misunderstandings, as seen here.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Akatosh

Quote from: FSi on Mon 15/01/2007 20:58:32
Quote from: Akatosh on Thu 11/01/2007 17:17:38
/EDIT: Also rated AWIDT. The worst I've ever played, and that guy actually rated his own game best-possible.

Umm, actually it was me making out a bad joke.

There are some jokes whose inventors deserve to be shot. To be exact, you, the guy who came of with "----er? You don't even know'er!", the guy who invented Nazi jokes and the guy who first came off with poo poo jokes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk