Limbo The Adventure Game

Started by ManicMatt, Mon 01/01/2007 23:23:13

Previous topic - Next topic

esper

I can do the Monty Python woman's voice... Who did that? It wasn't John Cleese... I think it was either Eric Idle or Michael Palin... Anyways, I've got that spot-on, and seeing as how this is a British comedy game...
This Space Left Blank Intentionally.

Kweepa

Terry Jones, usually.
Game looks interesting. Carry on!
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

thewalrus

Looking good, Matty, looking good mate!!!
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

CosmoQueen

I'm so excited to see that you're doing a new game! It look fantastic!!

I love the "an evil being with a ridiculous and overly long name" part LOL ;D
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

ManicMatt

Sweet! I am loving the feedback!

Esper, I'll keep your monty python man-woman voice in mind!

ooh dear, Final Fantasy XII is out 23rd February, I am afraid that will dominate my life till I finish it! (Sad I know, but meh)

hystericbliss0

So, how is the game coming?
I'm looking forward to the release!

ManicMatt

BUMP! New details on the first page!

Dualnames

BUMP? THIS IS THE NECROPOST OF NECROPOSTS. I felt a great disturbance. Regardless, wonderful to see you around, Matt.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Mandle

It will be quite the inspiration to all potential game authors with long-time projects on back burners when you release this project!

The game also looks very cool! Can't wait to play it!

Stupot

Good to see you back in the game Matt :-)

miguel

Working on a RON game!!!!!

Fitz

Wow! Did you just pick it up one day after 8 years or did you secretly work on it all this time? Looks pretty darn sweet, too -- and has the benefit that, as a retro game, it hasn't aged at all :)

Erenan

Yo! Glad to see you're almost done with this! I have a pile of AGS games that I never completed myself.

Anyway, if you want beta testers, when the time comes I'd be happy to beta test again.
The Bunker

ManicMatt

Erenan: Really? Cool! It's like getting the old band back together! It's pretty much ready for beta testing - it's easier if I omit the speech to make it a lot smaller to send to you! Did I er... email it you last time round? Cheers!

Fitz:
Haha, I worked on it for a year or two (I can't remember) and then needed a break from it. Then years later I wanted to work on it again after writing an album, but my pc then had to be stored away at my parent's house as I am.. lets say, inbetween houses. Then I bought a laptop, and used my external hdd to copy the game over to my laptop and then since the start of January I have used most of my free time to finish it! Much to my girlfriend's annoyance..

Thanks Miguel and Stupot for your support!

Mandle, I like the idea of inspiring/motivation others! :)

Dualnames, Hello! I remember when you were new to the AGS scene, now your an old dog ( I mean that in a nice way)! Necropost, lmao! I guess I did just announce Limbo isn't dead just out of the blue! Ironic then that the game was in limbo itself eh.. ;)

Erenan

No, for Secrets you just PMed me a download link (apparently Nikolas hosted the file for you).
The Bunker

selmiak

Dualnames

Quote"Hello! I remember when you were new to the AGS scene,"

PLEASE DON'T TELL THEM ANYTHING. I'm trying to forget myself! ^_^
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Darth Mandarb

Welcome back Matt, glad to know you've picked this back up (nod)

[moderator]
We're gettin' a little off topic in here... let's get back on track!

ManicMatt

Haha, I guess you're right Darth ol' chum!

So I updated the first page again with the shop as it is now with more stock in it. There's about 9 rooms in the whole game so I'm reluctant to post any more pics! It's not a linear game so you go back and forth a bit.

Just 9 rooms. Jesus. Glad I didn't make it more, I'd never finish it! But hey you can interact or even talk to anything in each room and get a unique response. You have to ask yourself, is Agent Brent naturally mad for talking to inanimate objects or did you, the player, make him mad by being the voices in his head commanding him to talk to a stop sign?

ManicMatt

Um, is it right of me to bump my thread so people notice there's a trailer now? Well, er, I just did. Ahem.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk