Update Quest

Started by Dan_N, Wed 03/01/2007 10:44:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan_N

Hollow Studios presents:

UPDATE QUEST

Story: You're bored, find something to do.

Goal: Creating and then succesfully updating your website for 7 days.

Game: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=833
(the file contains a walkthrough, in case you get stuck)

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

I get a 404 and no game...
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Dan_N

Sorry, it's fixed now.

Akatosh

Downloading. Let's see what you've got  :)

/EDIT, 5 minutes later: Okay, finished already. I liked it, but in my impression it was faaaaaar to short and faaaaaaar too easy. And I'd have been nice to get some visual feedback on playing DOOOOMED 10000 and the finished website. The 7th-day-puzzle didn't seem too logic on me, but - I enjoyed the game, and that's what counts. Nice, Dan, and hope a probably following sequel will be longer and way harder.

/EDIT EDIT: There's a little error in the walkthrough - "mustn't" means "is not allowed to"  ;D I guess you meant "needn't".

Dan_N

Quote from: Akatosh on Wed 03/01/2007 12:47:44
Nice, Dan, and hope a probably following sequel will be longer and way harder.

Thanks, and I don't know about a sequel... i've got other things to do... dunno, maybe in the future, if I can be arsed ;D. But I promise it will be better.

Quote/EDIT EDIT: There's a little error in the walkthrough - "mustn't" means "is not allowed to"Ã,  ;D I guess you meant "needn't".

Whoops! You're right. I'll fix that right away.

FSi++

Umm...  Dan, I have to write this from my mobile, as my ISP is down today. You know what i am about to say... Your game is quite sucky, for the exception of rather new idea. Idea that you have killed with crappy realisation.  I think (quite surprisingly, eh ?) that you MUST make an updated version asap.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

FSi - pretty much everybody knows by now that when I find something I don't like in a game I come straight out and say it, and sometimes I'm even a bit rude, in which case I later try and make ammends. But even I would hesitate to make a post like that without stating how I thought the game could be improved. "The concept is new and good but the execution fails" is quite allright, really, but some info could be provided about how it fails - especially since you say he MUST make an updated version asap.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

voh

FSi: geez, relax! it's his first game, and he actually finished it. I'd rather have people finish sub-par games and learn from the experience than them never finishing a game at all.

I'm going to download and play it now, and I'll offer arguments to explain why my opinion is what it will turn out to be. Everybody needs a fair chance :)

Edit: Okay, so after playing the games and seeing the credits, I see FSi was involved in the creation of this unpolished pretty pebble ;) Go figure.

Anyway, my thoughts. While it's funny in some places (gologle, rotflol), in general it's not very intuitive. When you decide to make a website, it didn't come naturally to search for free webhosting. I don't know what came logically, but it was a disjointed followup. having said that, most other actions seemed fairly logical.

Should you ever consider an updated version, I would definitely advise you to spend some more time on the graphics. Since it's all fairly simple, it wouldn't be too hard to improve on that.

Additionally, it was surprisingly devoid of typos, so kudos for that :)

Not bad for a first try. Not bad at all.

Now I've just gotta finish a single game and I can sit at the cool table like you can ;)
Still here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk