Roccio's Quest - help needed with translation

Started by Cinfa, Sun 07/01/2007 18:02:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Cinfa

Roccio's Quest -  the quest for the p****

This is my very first adventure made with AGS, it's the story of a Roccio, who found his car destroyed by hooligans and, to forget his troubles, tryes to find a girl for the night. Well, as this is an adventure made mainly for my friends I don't know if everybody can understand what's going on, thus I need someone who can help me with english translation (which I tryied to make) and tell me what's (in the plot) understandable and what not.
I have to say that all puzzles are done, and it's fully playable, but before releasing it I need someone who can fix my terrifying engilsh translation.

A little warning: I used a pretty offensive language, but no nude scenes (only some moaning)

If somebody is so kind to have the patience of playing the game (with my translation) try to understand what's going on and then fix the translation I'll really appreciate it (and of course he'll have a place in the credits).
I'd prefer to be contacted with a pm, so I can send the game to one person per time, and make some cycles of testing/fixing before releasing the title.

Thanks all!

Here is the italian version

Aleister

Cinfa

Thanks a lot! But maybe someone who talks english ...  ;D

ciborium

Not knowing Italian, I don't know what is written on the garage door in your first picture. 

If it is a clue for a puzzle in the game, it will be necessary for it to be translated for an English speaking player to use it.  Make sure your character reads the text when you use the "look at" command.  That way you can just use a translation pack to translate it to English.  Otherwise you would have to fix your background and create a separate English version.

On the other hand, if it's just junk graffiti...

Cinfa

There's nothing omportant written on the garage, and except for a sign and the  EXIT icon there's nothing written in graphics, evrything is described using the Say() function  ;)
It was hard to find a decent icon for "New game".. so I decided to use the overlay module to describe buttons of the main menu too.  ;D
I'm still waiting for a friend of mine to do the second translation pass (to english).
I encountered a problem as well.. AGS doesn't translate a sentence, but I didn't realized why. I'll check again for strange chars like / " \ ' but everythink seemde right to me..

Ok, found the problem, I had in the script a \n not visible in the txt file.

Peder 🚀

This is looking really interesting!

Nice style you got!

Peder.

Galen

Your english seems fine to me.
I suppose it could use a little tweaking, but its fully understandable.

Cinfa

Quote from: Crazy on Tue 09/01/2007 21:29:19
Well, thanks! But I need help with the characterization and with dialect, I don't want the characters talk like at school.

EDIT: added the gif of a character in the first post.

Cinfa

Cinfa

I've released the italian version of the game, I'm adding the link HERE and in the first post.
I'm not posting in the completed game as there are only few people here who speak italian, so when I'll receive the english version I'll move the topic!

ciborium

Quote from: Crazy on Tue 09/01/2007 21:29:19

I'm working on cleaning up the English now.  Yes, most of it IS understandable.  It's just not stated the way Americans or Britons speak.

Cinfa

yep, I made the first translation with the dictonary, and a friend made the second pass (I never checked that).
It's surely a big mess  :-[

Cinfa

Cinfa

I'm looking for someone who could check the french version of Roccio Quest: please send me a PM if you are interested!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk