XMAGS: Good Santa, Bad Santa

Started by Duzz, Tue 24/12/2002 08:18:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Duzz

Here's my December MAGS game:
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/theclampdown/MainDuzzSanta.htm
It's called 'Good Santa, Bad Santa', you can play it two ways, the nice way, or the nasty way =)

It's also my first completed AGS game. It's pretty short, but hopefully fun to play, it was fun to make =)

I'm going away tomorrow and won't be back till the 28th, so if i ain't replying to posts, that's why.

Merry Christmas all!  
enjoy,
Duzz
Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

Gonzo

I enjoyed the game a lot, one of the best MAGS games I've played. I didn't even notice the way you'd made the game fit the competition's restrictions until after I'd played it. The red-green-greys colour scheme worked so well.

I played through three times, got Psychotic and Angel, presumably the two extremes, and then Neutral by being a mix of evil and good. Are there any more outcomes?

For a first AGS game it's great, in fact even if you'd made a couple before it, it's damn impressive.

Merry christmas! :)

Duzz

Thanks Gonzo, glad you enjoyed it!

yeah, there is two more outcomes, -13 to -3 = mean ole bastard, and 3 to 13 = pretty nice guy. something like that anyway...
It's pretty hard to get these scores though, (i should have scaled the scoring better,  oh well)
Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

Theegamer

Wow, that was an awsome game. First i was good then i was evil. hehe. I just wanted to say your game rocks!!! :)

D · Y · D · O

I just wanted to say your game was (expletive deleted) funny!

Also, I found this bug:

Spoiler
When you have the axe and the body in you inventory, you can keep on hacking the body for infinite negative points.
I was able to finish Psychotic Santa with -106 points!!!
[close]
We are number one! All others are number two, or lower. - The Sphinx
Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever. - Shane Falco
Instagame (FREE resources for your games!)

Barcik

Argh, it's good. It's going to be heard to beat that. And I just loooooooooved that end!
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

scarletpancake

I liked it a lot.
I really enjoyed how you could go two ways about it, playing as Evil Santa was just fun (especially the reindeer part... I won't say too much so I won't spoil it for others... but that was HILARIOUS).

Good job! :)

MillsJROSS

I, too, enjoyed this game. It was very well done.

-MillsJROSS

GorgonJim

Good or evil, hey? Sounds like a bit of a 'SOnic Adventure Battle 2' (GameCube) ripoff.

Timosity

Nice game Duzz, I like the Good/Evil concept, the rudolph thing  was a nice touch. The only thing that made it annoying for me was the fact that it was in the snow, I know it made for a good effect, but you've fallen victim to the nothern hemisphere's idea of christmas and santa.

I know your an Aussie, you could have put santa in shorts and T-shirt, on a hot and steamy evening, complaining about the heat or something. Just to show that Christmas isn't just about snow and being cold. here it's about going to the beach and stuff.

It's a good game though, although the puzzles are quite easy.

I remeber being confused as a kid thinking why is santa wearing warm clothes all the time, I knew he's from the north pole, but when he got to Australia he would have been too hot.

I guess most people from the Northern hemisphere would never of thought about that.

scarletpancake

I think he put snow in the game partly because one of the requirements of MAGS was that it must be in black/white + 2 other colors - so naturally using snow (ie, "white" in color) would have been easier than creating a setting that was hot and sunny, especially with such restrictive guidelines on the pallete.

Timosity

Yeah fair enough, I didn't read the guidelines for the mags comp

Nostradamus

Great game, I loved the good\bad ranking.
Funny and has a great replay value.

Thumbs way up!

Dorcan

This game's crazy ! It's really disturbing when you can do anything you want... It isn't like in all those game where you get frustrated because you can't hit or kill somebody really annoying...
It was great ! I played it 4 times.

Visti - The Nice Guy

Wee!
I got Nice Guy!

Excellent game. I'm gonna go play it right now.

Duzz

Thanks everyone, i'm very happy you all liked it =)

Timosity: I DID feel guilty doing the snowy scenes in the game, but I was never very comfortable with the bogan ozzy santa in his VB singlet & mocca's, the concept always scared me as a kid for some reason, besides, I much prefer carlton...

Thanks for the bug report  D.Y.D.O, there's another one in there two that i spotted & just remembered i never fixed involving a certain set of shelves. oh well...

Goldmund

Haha, this was neat and funny.
I liked the sighing elf, and the whole concept!
Pity it's not longer.
Great snow effect - is it the plugin?

Duzz

yeah, it's the plugin.  Thanks Scorpiorus =)

D · Y · D · O

Quote from: Duzz on Fri 27/12/2002 09:03:21Thanks for the bug report  D.Y.D.O

No (expletive deleted) problem. My (expletive deleted) pleasure!
We are number one! All others are number two, or lower. - The Sphinx
Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever. - Shane Falco
Instagame (FREE resources for your games!)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk