MAGS February: A Valentine Nightmare

Started by Klaus, Thu 01/02/2007 08:58:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Klaus

What is MAGS?
MAGS is a monthly competition for all amateur adventure game makers. The idea is to use AGS to create a game in under a month, following the rules set by the previous winner.

For more information please visit the Official MAGS website.

Why should I enter MAGS?
We're not here to tell you that you should enter MAGS, but merely allow it as a creative opportunity to help you work to a deadline, improve your skills, and generally as a good kick-start for the new comers (a.k.a n00bies).

MAGS is the perfect opportunity to make a game, and the wonderful prize is to announce the next month's rules, and all competitors get the game placed on the MAGS website.

MAGS is meant to be fun and is aimed at everyone, despite their skill. If you have poor art skills work on graphics, and vice-versa, as the voting is based on "favourite" games, and not the most artistic, you may get help for the competiton, but should try not get anyone else to do any part of the game for you.

You are not allowed to (re)use material already created before this competition, you game must be completely new! An exception goes for sounds and music where you can also use free material that is available to the public.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Topic: A Valentine Nightmare

There is always this special day in February and in this contest we take it as a topic but it's up to you how it all turns out...

In each entry
- there must be an "escape the room" puzzle
- the player must change clothes (at least once)

and the following items (not necessarily inventory items) need to be included
- a Valentine gift (that ultimately gets delivered)
- a flying bird

That's it. No other restrictions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All games need to be in by February 24th.

Please post a download link of your game entry to this thread, best with a screenshot. Thanks and good luck.

Akatosh

Hehehe... nice topic this time. Perhaps my game will be based on one of these comics I found on the web (to be exact, I stumbled upon the comic website while reading a website the comment page for "System Shock 2" on HOTU linked to)...

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_VDay001.php

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_VDay002.php

Hehehehe

Gamer_V

I've started painting and I'm full of hope I'll actually finish a game this time. I can do it! :P

And good luck competitors.  ;)

ace monkey

i think im going to enter this.
i just hope i complete it in time, i never have before so i'm really going to work hard this time.

FSi++

One question:
Could flying bird also be a gift? Or must it be FREE flying bird?

Dufferama

The purpose of the "Flying Bird", was to require animation of a bird in flight.
As long as this is done, I see no reason why it cannot also be the gift, as long as it is Valentine related.

Radiant

On the fourth day of Valentine,
my true love sent to me
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

Buckethead

Quote from: Radiant on Mon 05/02/2007 13:54:25
On the fourth day of Valentine,
my true love sent to me
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

LoL That's a from The Osbournes Christmas show.

Dufferama

I hope some of you are entering this month.

JuuL

Well, I was going to enter the competition with a short and not very original game that I was going to complete this weekend. However, my plans were ruined by the common cold. So I'll just have to try again next month. Good luck to the other competitors.

Klaus

Ladies and Gentlemen, time is up! If you want to enter please submit your games within the next 26 hours (see timestamp of this post). Then the voting will (or will never) begin. cu soon...

FSi++

FSi's CoMATtCEHoSVD

(Collection of Most Awful Things that Could Ever Happen on St.Valentine's Day)

You must deliver a Valentine's Day present to your girlfriend. To do that, you just need to cross the street. If only THAT was easy...

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=856

Screenshot:

Akatosh

And there we go, the first Chicken vs. Road clones emerge  :=

/EDIT: Oh, wait. Chicken vs. Road / 6DAS crossover.

I *was* going to enter this competition, but I was unable to do any decent character art, so I didn't enter. Gosh, doesn't look like I'll ever be able to make a game without Artemis or one of his friends  :P

ace monkey

WOW!!! that game is the shortest and most pointless ive ever seen.....but it looks like ur goin to win coz n one else has entered  >:( i wud've but college work got in the way  :(

Akatosh

Or, for short: "A MAGS entry made in roughly seven hours  8)"

Game download http://www.rogepost.com/n/7467943764

Mirror of 1.0
You shouldn't download version 1.0, it's buggy

http://www.sonsofgaia.net/AGS/PMUVCHVT.zip
Thank you, Peder!

Music.vox http://www.evilshare.com/36a8164c-1589-102a-847b-00a0c993e9d6

I did it. I made a working eleven-roomer in 7 hours. Psheeew.

Klaus

Okay, so some more time didn't result in some more entries... Well, here we go:
For voting please visit the MAGS site or make your choice right here:

PMUVCHVT by Akatosh
CoMATtCEHoSVD by FSI

Please vote only once and be sure to have played all games before sending your voice! Good luck to all participants.

By the way: A strange name for the game was not necessary to take part in this month's competition... :o

Akatosh

As my intro states,

player.Say("And while we're at it - PMUVCHVT must be the lamest title ever.");
player.Say("January's MAGS competition is an unspeakable title competition. CoMATtCEHoSVD vs PMUVCHVT. Hooray.");

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Akatosh

* Akatosh swats his face

Dammit! I'm always exactly one month in the past. Last month, I thought about entering in the December competition, in December, I prepared myself to enter in the November competition.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I am working on something for this and didn't realize February was already over!  Wait, it's not...

Ah well, it will be out someday.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk