Changes since beta3a:
- now detects cursor keys and PgUp/Dn etc keys (but not keypad cursors)
- can play Boogie Boogie in AitGoFW
Changes since beta2f:
- beta3 functionality and bug fixes
- reduced cpu usage and fan noise
- fix to some save game crashes
- now runs Adventures in the Galaxy of Fantabulous Wonderment
Changes since beta2e:
- can choose to ignore missing plugins (eg the creditz plugin)
- another fix to conversation bug introduced last time
- now runs, eg, Apprentice Deluxe and Da New Guys (until the credits anyway)
- simplified running of games (see below)
Changes since beta2d:
- embedded FLI/FLCs work (tested with Barn Runner)
Changes since beta2c:
- changed global "os" variable to 4
- fixed conversation bug which crashed Aazor
- temporary fix for KQ2VGA intro corruption
Changes since beta2b:
- fixed lockups when playing mpg/avi movies (thanks to simulacra for the test case!)
Changes since beta2:
- added required Allegro framework to the bundle
- fixed script access to global script variables
This is a mac OS X port of the AGS run time engine.
To download and install:
1) click on the link above
2) open the downloaded AGS271beta3.dmg
3) open the AGS271beta3 disk image
4) drag the AGS271beta3 folder inside to your Applications directory
5) drag AGSRunTime.app from the AGS271beta3 folder in Applications to the dock
To run AGS games:
1) download and unzip a game
2) drag the game executable to the app in the dock
To change game options you have to edit the .cfg file.
If the game crashes, a dialog box appears and errors are written to agserror.txt.If the game locks up in full screen, press Cmd-Option-Esc to return to OS X.
The fire plugin (more plugins coming)
AVI, MPG and FLC movies
OS X 10.4 (and above?)
320x200 natively - it runs 640x480 instead.
Games made with AGS versions before 2.50.
OS X 10.3 or below
Please report any problems in this thread. I compiled this with Tiger and it apparently doesn't work with anything else. I will investigate a compile for 10.2 and above.