AGS Editor Valentine's Edition

Started by alkis21, Tue 13/02/2007 23:24:58

Previous topic - Next topic

alkis21

That was a nice touch.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, try running AGS today.

Darth Mandarb

I would like to officially put my petition in to have the holiday checking in the Editor removed.

EVERY holiday this comes up.  Like clock-work!

jetxl

Yes, lets cleanse the world of funny pictures.
Twins wearing the same outfit is funny to, so lets kill them as well.

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: jet on Tue 13/02/2007 23:57:48
Yes, lets cleanse the world of funny pictures.
Twins wearing the same outfit is funny to, so lets kill them as well.

Somebody took a stingy pill this morning...

Klytos

A little amusement in my day. I little bit of mouth vomit too.  ;D

Dan_N

SSH

Perhaps people who have been forum members for less than a year shoudl be automatically banned from posting on the 14th Feb and the 25th December.... any other days?

Ashen

April 1st?

As soon as I saw that this morning I thought "I wonder who'll post about it this year?" I was thinking TheVintageDemon, but I guess Alkis had the timezone advantage.

Quote from: Darth Mandarb
I would like to officially put my petition in to have the holiday checking in the Editor removed.
I'd sign.
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Well, I wouldn't be so quick to sign - it IS fun.

But, I'd certainly do away with the St. Valentine's pic... I keep looking over my shoulder while it's loading, hoping like hell no-one will come into the room at that precise moment.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Stupot

Hahaha, I wish I'd run the editor before seeing this thread... so what if it's old news to some of you... gives us newbies a laugh.  and it's not exactly every day is it?

Babar

Quote from: Ashen on Wed 14/02/2007 12:23:58
April 1st?
As soon as I saw that this morning I thought "I wonder who'll post about it this year?" I was thinking TheVintageDemon, but I guess Alkis had the timezone advantage.

QuoteDate Registered:     29 Jan 2003, 01:14

What's noob got to do, got to do with it? Older members can be the same.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Ashen

Why quote me? I never mentioned noobism, specifically because I knew Alkis had been around for way longer than a year. I'm just a crotchety git that would also like to see the 'hilarious' annual April Fool's threads stopped as well. (Although, older members are as bad there, too.)

I thought TVD, because he's been a pretty active poster of late and it seemed like something he might do. Alkis' post is time stamped Yesterday (13th) 23:24 - but obviously it was already the 14th in his timezone.

Quote from: Rui "Trovatore" Pires on Wed 14/02/2007 12:36:58
Quote from: Stupot on Wed 14/02/2007 14:06:42
so what if it's old news to some of you... gives us newbies a laugh.

They were funny enough the first time. It's just that a Valentine's Day or Christmas hasn't IIRR passed since I've been here without someone posting about them.
I also find them a bit annoying popping up everytime I load the editor on those days. Perhaps doing away with them entirely is a bit much for newbies and people with more patience than me, but like I said; crotchety git. How about an option to show them or not? The confirmation box so you can actually start the editor on X-Mas day was a nice addition, this would just take it further.
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

AGA

Personally I think the Chris-and-Mills picture should be changed to one of the many more-recent Chris-and-other-male-AGSer-in-compromising-position pictures. Get with the times!

mätzyboy

not trying to pick a fight, but I found it a bit ironic...

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Tue 13/02/2007 23:46:27

EVERY holiday this comes up.Ã,  Like clock-work!

Somebody took a stingy pill this morning...  ;)

Stupot

Quote from: Ashen on Wed 14/02/2007 14:43:13
It's just that a Valentine's Day or Christmas hasn't IIRR passed since I've been here without someone posting about them.

Yeh I can see how it might get boring after a few years, but you could always... you know... just ignore those threads. They (and this one, aswell), will be off the first page in a few days time. Ã, I know I haven't helped matter by posting this reply, but, oh well. Faeces transpires.

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: mätzyboy on Wed 14/02/2007 16:13:38
not trying to pick a fight, but I found it a bit ironic...

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Tue 13/02/2007 23:46:27

EVERY holiday this comes up.Ã,  Like clock-work!

Somebody took a stingy pill this morning...Ã,  ;)

Nah ... I took a "sarcastic humor" pill.

Perhaps I should have used 30 smiley faces as well?

:) :) ;) :D ;) ;D ;D :D ;) :) :D ;)

thewalrus

Perhaps those that don't want to see it should take the day off from using the editor on the days that it is goin' to iritate them..... (just a thought)  :-\
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

esper

I've been around for a few years, but I've never tried to start AGS on Valentine's or April Fool's... Christmas, yes... But the picture flashed so quickly I had to open the thing a few times to get the gist, and it still looks like two male AGSers' homoerotic tribute to the scene in LOTR:FOTR where Frodo is lying on the floor of the Prancing Pony reaching up for the falling ring... wherein the One Ring is in actuality made of fried onions and Sam is lying next to him licking his face.
This Space Left Blank Intentionally.

Da_Elf

Quote from: Rui "Trovatore" Pires on Wed 14/02/2007 12:36:58

But, I'd certainly do away with the St. Valentine's pic... I keep looking over my shoulder while it's loading, hoping like hell no-one will come into the room at that precise moment.

how long does ags take to load on your system. i barely missed the image it loaded so fast

esper

Ha! You got me, Ashen. That's the best April Fool's joke ever... You made me trick my computer into thinking it was April 1st, only to have nothing happen when I loaded AGS. You essentially tricked me into causing April Fools day to occur and then play an April Fool's joke on myself! That's fairly awesome!
This Space Left Blank Intentionally.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk