"Dark Jerry" sprite

Started by Oliwerko, Thu 15/02/2007 17:13:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Buckethead

There's still something wrong with it... maybe not the sweather but I dunno what else.  ???

Oliwerko

I know that the skull isn't so good. I tried to fix it, however, I don't know if this is better:

->Mr. Buckéthead-> I don't know what doesn't fit him. It is meant to be some kind of jacket. I have some of these in my wardrobeÃ,  ;D

->Da_Elf-> It's not exactly the way you said. I also like the metal music very much. I have some of that black T-shirts and jackets in my wardrobe. But I change themÃ,  ;). Also not all ( but almost all ) metalists are like you said: so cruuuel, black and hatefuuul. However, the fun comes here: you don't need this. I listen to that music, I dress in black ( however, not ONLY black) and I haven't got a long hair. So -> you don't need all this image s*** to be one of them. I only want to tell you that not all of them are like you said. I think these are the "true" ones. The others only want to be dark. That's all.

Haddas

Ooh i see you replied while I was editing.

Okay here's what I did. I changed the thing on the shirt, and I added a little more hair on him too. For better? For Worse? Who knows. That's my take on it.

I like the spirte, it's come a long way.

Oliwerko

Good idea with that hair ! Really !
He looks much better with it.
I still don't know what to put on his jacket.
Here are few oprions:

Here the pixels and colours are a bit mismatched, probably by the .gif export. I hope this doesn't happen in AGSÃ,  :-\

Which one do you like ?

Oliwerko

I tried to correct the "angel" thing on him.
Here is the attempt:

I think this is the best one I did...

Haddas

I personally like the angel one a lot, although i do like the first one too.

I think it's best you decide which one you're most comfortable with, since they're all equally good in my opinion.

nulluser

-

ThreeOhFour

Dude, not everyone who wears a shirt with a metal band logo on it is a rebellious goth. I wear them occasionally and don't consider myself rebellious or a goth. I just like metal, y'know?

But anyway, enough of my whinging, and back on to the topic....

I had another go at editing the sprite (this time a bit less drastically) to see if I could give you an idea or two...

I mainly focused on the logo, the shoes and the head. Yay for metal dudes.

nulluser

-

Buckethead

hair? I thought it was a hooded sweather

ThreeOhFour

Yes, the black stuff is intended to be hair. I, too, got the impression that it could be mistaken for a hood, so it's not as good as I would have liked it, but I couldn't think of any way to do it better.

Oliwerko

Quote from: Ben304 on Tue 20/02/2007 13:19:59
Dude, not everyone who wears a shirt with a metal band logo on it is a rebellious goth. I wear them occasionally and don't consider myself rebellious or a goth. I just like metal, y'know?

Exactly.
I don't want him to be some kind of extreme goth with chains hangig from his body or whatever. I want him to look like....you know....like me. Not exactly, but the main idea came from that.

The repaint is good, but I think i'll keep the head ( the one that is partially covered with hair ). The logo is great, I'll use this one.
The only thing I want to look another way are the shoes. I'm not sure, but it may be better to make him wear some high boots. I tried it, but it never looked like boots, so I gave up :-\

ThreeOhFour

Different approach - with bootsies!

Dunno whether this is any better, but it be good practise for me.

EDIT: And a different one...

Oliwerko

They're cool, but I think they look like having the feet in some kind of huge socks. I am becoming convinced that it's almost impossible to draw a decent boots in this resolution...

Hammerite

Quote from: TheVintageDemon on Tue 20/02/2007 09:17:46
Hmm, maybe if there was like a band logo like Iron Maiden or something, that might make him look like one of the rebellious bunch of goths.

that's the stupidest thing i've ever heard.
how does liking iron maiden make you a rebellious goth?
you must be quite closed minded and dumb.
i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

thewalrus

Maybe you can put a dancing bear on his shirt and he can be a rebelious Grateful Dead goth head....  ::) Geez!!! Iron Maiden and goth, c'mon....  :-X
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

Oliwerko

Yess, I just awaited this reaction to come.
The rule is:

You DON'T need to dress black, use some black lipstick and make-up, hang chains on you and speak like devil himself. It's just an image thing, people playing on heavy metal ultra dark goths.

People listening to this music not because of the image of the band, but just ONLY 'cause the music are the true metallists. It's just a difference between so called "goths" (who just like the image, and the music comes along with it ) and the real ones ( who listen it because they like it ).

And definetly ( hell, I can't learn how to write this word ), IronMaiden is FAR away from gothic music. Really far. And I don't want my sprite to be this goth. Just a regular teen listening to metal.

Man, this is just becoming offtopic.

Venus

Quote from: Oliwerko on Tue 20/02/2007 16:44:49
I am becoming convinced that it's almost impossible to draw a decent boots in this resolution...

Maybe you could take a look at the Indy games for some reference on decent boots in this resolution. The Nazi soldiers are wearing quite a lot of them. I had a look at some screenies and whipped this up in about 20 seconds. Just to give you some ideas:

It's a great sprite btw.

ThreeOhFour

Yeah, I like those boots. Good stuff man!

nulluser

-

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk