"Dark Jerry" sprite

Started by Oliwerko, Thu 15/02/2007 17:13:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliwerko

I tried to make the boots.

Venus -> good job. I am not big fan of Indy games, so I didn't know the how-to. I hope this looks good:

Vintage -> I don't know about the hair. I am still not decided wheter to use them or not. Without them, you see the face clearly, but It looks that he is partially bald at the left ( his right ) side of the head. With the hair, he looks more natural haired, but he gets some kind of weird countenance in the face.

What do you say ?
What's better ? With hair or without ?
And boots ? What looks better ? With them or without ?

Buckethead

You can start making a walking animation if you ask me  :)

Stupot

Yeh, I can't wait to see this guy in motion.

nulluser

-

Venus

I like both the boots and the long hair. A couple of extra pixels could help making him look less bald. Maybe something like this:

It's not something that bothers me much though. I think he's fine as he is  :D

Oliwerko

Great job, Venus!

Thanks for comments people, he's now a very decent sprite!
( Just wondering when I look at the baginning of his "evolution" ;D )

Now, I'll try to make the side/back views and then, I'll go to make my first walkcycle....

Medical Waste

Quote from: Nefarious on Wed 21/02/2007 17:13:16
Oliwerko -
I know this is going to sound incredibly prejudiced, but maybe a mohawk? This would clear up any doubts about the hair, and also it would fit with the costume he is wearing.

A mohawk wouldn't be very metal at all. Would instantly make the character look like a punk.

I love the sprite by the way. Have you thought about giving him a leather jacket instead? I think that might look good too. Like a biker one, not some long goth thing.
THE PATIENTS ARE REVOLTING

Oliwerko

Hello there again, people.
Guess what I am here for. Yes. For help ( again  :( ).

I've created the side view. However, he looks like a woman. He also has kinda weird hair/hands. Please give me some ideas how to make it better:

Thanks, I know you can help  :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk