My Netscape browser is f***ed up!?!?

Started by thewalrus, Sat 17/02/2007 20:52:17

Previous topic - Next topic

thewalrus

Well at the moment I am forced to use internet explorer. Something is really screwy with my netscape browser. It keeps freezing(lagging;sticking) then the screen goes blank, then resumes normally and a minute later sticks again. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it, scanned for viruses, defragged the hard drive, and nothing is fixing the problem. Anyone got any suggestions??? If not, I guess I'm gonna just have to send an e-mail to the people over at netscape......
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

LimpingFish

People still use Netscape?!? :=

Its been so long since I even saw Netcape running, that I couldn't possibly begin to hazard a guess at what could be wrong.

Dude, use Firefox. Or, hell, even use Opera. :)
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

GarageGothic

People still use Netscape? Anyway, do you have a software firewall, and if so, does Netscape have the permissions it needs to access the network/internet?

Edit: LOL, just saw LimpingFish's response

thewalrus

I just looked at the technical forum over at netscape and apparently a lot of people are having the exact same problem. So, thankfully it has nothing to do with my computer.

Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

Domino

Switch to Firefox.  I have been using Firefox for a few years now, and i can't say anything bad about it at the moment. Currently using version 2.0.  Give it a try, and you probably won't ever go back to Netscape again.

Just my opinion.

Mr Flibble

Blast from the past! I thought Netscape died, or morphed into some other browser...

But yeah, I recommend Firefox. Even if it's just until you can get Netscape working again? No-one should have to use IE...
Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

voh

Netscape is just mozilla with a different theme - so switching to firefox is like switching to netscape-lite. Which is good.

But good to know it's a common problem - at least that way it'll get fixed soon :)
Still here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk