Iron Maiden is the best band. Period.

Started by Fleshstalker, Mon 05/03/2007 21:31:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleshstalker

I know, you know and the rest of the world knows it.  ;D

Anyone here into them?

Tuomas

I actually saw them live once. But personally, I think, as Bruce Dickinson is the best heavy-rock singer there is, the band doesn't quite play up to the level. So as I own all his solo albums, I'll keep on listening to them and leave Iron Maiden to those who like it more.

m0ds

We can propbably find you plenty of people who aren't ;)

I quite like Iron Maiden, but I haven't really listened to a lot of their stuff. I am meaning too though. Still, I'll probably just take a crash course by enjoying them on the Sunday of Download this year :)

Chicky

Quote from: Mods on Mon 05/03/2007 21:44:15
We can propbably find you plenty of people who aren't ;)

I quite like Iron Maiden, but I haven't really listened to a lot of their stuff. I am meaning too though. Still, I'll probably just take a crash course by enjoying them on the Sunday of Download this year :)

Haha! Too right!

We will have to meet up Mark, Lamb of God! Killswitch!  :)

R4L

Aces High is my favorite song by them. Haven't listened to alot of Maiden tho..

LimpingFish

No Maiden for me since...oooh...1991? 92?

After No Prayer For the Dying, but before Fear of the Dark.

Wow, I just plucked those titles out of the ether. It's amazing what the brain retains.

*cough*
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

ManicMatt

Iron Maiden are absolutely crap.

I don't really think that, I just wanted to wind you up. Did it work?

Because I find it arrogant of people to say "such-and-such band is the best band EVER."

Jesus Jones are my most favourate band ever, but I dont think there is such a thing as a best band. There will never be a band that EVERYONE in EXISTENCE will like. So therefore there cannot be a "best band ever"!  :P

earlwood

I've never really liked Iron Maiden much but once I heard their cover of "I Can't See My Feelings" by Budgie (the best band ever).  Overcome by fan-boyish rage, I decided never to listen to them again.

I was kind of hesitant to posting in this thread, seeing how poorly the Korn thread went, but since there's not really a discussion at-hand here, I figured my post was appropriate enough.

Helm

Iron Maiden are a very iconic heavy metal band, with a lot of amazing albums under their belt I sheldomly listen to, but know by heart nonetheless. One could do worse than listen to such music, filled with passion, conviction and occasionally interesting lyrical themes.
WINTERKILL

LimpingFish

Powerslave is good. Haven't heard it in years, though.

Piece of Mind is also good.

ManicMatt

IRON MAIDEN ARE THE BEST BAND EVER. PERIOD.

EVEN PEOPLE WHO HATE METAL WILL LIKE THIS MUSIC

EVEN DEAF PEOPLE WILL DANCE TO THEIR SONGS

EVEN DEAD PEOPLE SHAKE OFF THEIR ROT AND GET IT ON TO THE MUSIC

THEY HAVE MADE ALL OTHER MUSIC OBSELETE. HMV WILL NOW ONLY SELL THEIR RECORDS

EVERY FILM WILL CONTAIN THE SAME SOUNDTRACK BY THEM

EVEN POWER RANGERS, TO NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET

EVERY SHOP YOU ENTER WILL PLAY THEIR MUSIC

EVERY RADIO WILL PLAY IT

YOU WILL NEVER ESCAPE THEIR MUSIC, NOR WILL YOU WANT TO

YOU WILL MAKE LOVE TO YOUR WIFE TO THE SOUNDS OF THIS MUSIC

OR TO YOURSELF

ALL KEYBOARDS WILL HAVE THE KEYS NOT USED BY THEM REMOVED UNTIL THEY EVER DECIDE TO USE THEM

LimpingFish

Stupot

Did anyone see Bruce in that documentary about Spontaneous Human combustion.
I think he makes a brilliant presenter, he'd probbaly be such a cool guy to hang around with too.

Medical Waste

They're okay, I think I like their first couple albums the most with Paul Di'Anno. He's coming here soon for a show so that should be cool.
THE PATIENTS ARE REVOLTING

voh

I don't like Iron Maiden, but, Fleshstalker, I acknowledge that you have a different opinion than mine and I respect you for that.
Still here.

Nine Toes

I don't really see what's so great about Iron Maiden.  I have a friend who is really into them, and he gave me one of their CDs, and it didn't do anything for me at all.  It's only my personal opinion, but Bruce Dickinson sounds like his pants are too tight.  Even the guitar work didn't really grab my attention.  Whatever, I guess I just don't have a taste for this kind of music.

One thing I've noticed, though; a trend, if you will.  Iron Maiden is getting popular again.  They're showing up in guitar and music magazines, they won a poll in Guitar World for "Best Comeback" in 2006 (whatever the hell that means).  I think they even released a CD recently.

At the same time, bands like Dragonforce are getting are getting popular.  They won just about every category in the Guitar World poll I just mentioned.

The two bands sound like the same kind of music to me, is my point.  So, that style of music must be the thing these days.

Since I'm surrounded by Iron Maiden fans, would any of you like to buy the CD I mentioned above?  I was going to sell it on e-Bay, unless someone here wants it...
"Powerslave" - $10 (paypal)

Watch, I just killed this topic...

Medical Waste

I actually have that album on right now, which isn't something I'd normally play, but it's pretty good.

It seems like there are a lot of kids these days that like fast guitar solos and stuff, so that's why bands like Dragonforce are pretty big I think. I don't listen to power metal, I find it kind of cheesy, but that's just me. Iron Maiden is about as close as a get, and not too often will I listen to them.
THE PATIENTS ARE REVOLTING

Fleshstalker

Quote from: Mr. Hyde on Tue 06/03/2007 02:18:10
I don't really see what's so great about Iron Maiden.  I have a friend who is really into them, and he gave me one of their CDs, and it didn't do anything for me at all.  It's only my personal opinion, but Bruce Dickinson sounds like his pants are too tight.  Even the guitar work didn't really grab my attention.  Whatever, I guess I just don't have a taste for this kind of music.

One thing I've noticed, though; a trend, if you will.  Iron Maiden is getting popular again.  They're showing up in guitar and music magazines, they won a poll in Guitar World for "Best Comeback" in 2006 (whatever the hell that means).  I think they even released a CD recently.

At the same time, bands like Dragonforce are getting are getting popular.  They won just about every category in the Guitar World poll I just mentioned.

The two bands sound like the same kind of music to me, is my point.  So, that style of music must be the thing these days.

Since I'm surrounded by Iron Maiden fans, would any of you like to buy the CD I mentioned above?  I was going to sell it on e-Bay, unless someone here wants it...
"Powerslave" - $10 (paypal)

Yea, there are definately making a comeback ever since Bruce came back. Brave New World was a solid effort, than Dance of Death was a bit better especially the song called "Paschendale". Then their newest album (A Matter of Life & Death) which came out last year is absoultely awesome. I didn't think it could surpass Dance of Death, but it did.

As for Dragonforce, I'm not into them. Oh and $10 for Powerslave can be found brand new for a few extra bucks. I doubt you'll get that much for it.

He-Man

I've seen Iron Maiden live twice and both shows were really great, but their records just don't do it for me.
The songs are way too long and boring imo.
The cool thing about the band is that it creates an amazing atmosphere at parties because everyone knows the classics.
I hope this isn't too insulting but IMO Iron Maiden isn't a metal band. I know a lot of people think they are and they proberply also think so themselves. They are just a rock band that plays 8 min. songs. Their songs this gay feeling to them and still they try to sound so cool (I don't mean to be homophobic or anything but I can't find a better word for it).

Helm

Limpingfish. I am torn between Piece of Mind and Seventh Son for the record I'd listen to if I listened to Iron Maiden a lot. It's amazing how there's *no bad songs* in either record. There ain't a lot of Heavy Metal bands that manage that. Sadly latter maiden are copying maiden.
WINTERKILL

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk