Nelly Cootalot: Spoonbeaks Ahoy! HD - Launches 23rd May

Started by Ali, Tue 06/03/2007 16:44:25

Previous topic - Next topic

mätzyboy

It took a long time before I found the time to play the game. Now, however, I have and it was indeed lovely! I think it is of excellent quality! Not only funny and pretty, but also well designed puzzlewise!

I think a voicepack would be a wonderful addition to the game, but I fully understand this is a project you have as a hobby, and it is completely fine the way it is.

Extra plus for Jolly Roger!!

Cheers!

Petra

It's been a long time ago I have been here..
But today I completed your wonderful pirate game :)
And I simply MUST tell you: it was marvellous!!!! :D

Thank you so much for a bug free game with wonderful graphics, great puzzles  and an exciting story. (Even though I must admit I never would have succeeded in solving the decoding puzzle on the wall without having any hints from here :P) But ok...I'm a woman without logical thinking ;D

Really great job!!!!
Keep on!

Petra

The Ivy

Hey Ali,

Nelly Cootalot was all kinds of brilliant. I literally loved everything about it: the character design, the unique animations, the colouring, the music, the premise, the puzzles, and the humour. I showed it to one of my friends and he said it would be a crime if you weren't a professional graphic designer.

There were so many great moments in the game...and a lot of jokes that almost made me fall out of my chair.

Spoiler
The appearance of the cat burglar, the "leper colony", the adorable spoonbeaks, the Cockney duck hunt guy...everything was so well executed and totally unexpected.
[close]

The game felt a little slow getting started, but after the first few puzzles I was totally hooked. I have a feeling I'll be playing it again before too long. :)

Do you mind if I put a link to this game on my website?

Ali

mätzyboy: I'd love to have time to make a voice pack, but I don't. I think it could be very funny. Though I find it nigh on impossible to say Hook-a-Duck in a cockney accent. I'm pleased you enjoyed it!

Petra: I'm glad there's something in this game even for women without logical thinking! Thank you for your feedback.

The Ivy: The game wasn't that funny, you might want to have someone look at your chair.  I'm very glad you enjoyed the game, and I'd be delighted if you added a link to your site. I'm afraid I'm not a professional graphic designer, though. You can tell your friend to call in the Feds.

ALPHATT

This game is COOOOOl ;D
Thank you Ali n m0ds.
Cool music and humor, I really liked tha animations and the art style.
Basicly this game have everything what a game need except there are not enough scenes. (But thats just my opinion coz i love games where there is thousands of rooms.

/sig

SuperDre

I'm still playing the game, and must say that it really is an excellent adventure, it's IMHO right up there with Monkey Island and stuff.. I'm looking forward after finishing this one to another one in the future, so I hope you have the time for creating another one ;)

Ali

Wtcq: Thank yooooool. I like thousands of rooms too, but unless someone buys me a graphics tablet I've no hope of drawing lots of backdrops!

SuperDre: Thanks for the feedback. Any relation to Dr?

xelanoimis

I finished the game and I very much enjoyed it.
Excellent graphics, addictive music, smart puzzles, cute characters, nice story,... everything a good adventure needs, your game has.
Congratulations, it is a great game!
I hope you're planning a Nelly 2 too, or perhaps already working on it?
Alex

m0ds

Your game is haunting me. A friend is attending "The 21st birthdays of Bott and Olafisoye"

Alright, it's loose...but you see where I'm coming from... :P

Ali

xelanomis: Thank you. I hope that there will be another game but it won't be for a little while. Don't hold your breath, unless you can hold your breath for longer than Guybrush.

m0ds: Amazing. Let us all take a leaf out of m0ds's friends book and bring Nelly Cootalot to life in our daily lives. In other words, talk to birds and steal from Barons.

ladymeba

Wow - I thoroughly enjoyed playing this game. Graphics were great and the puzzles aimed just right :) I can't wait to findout what Nelly is going to be up to next!

Great Job!

Groogokk

Pick of the month - finally!  :D   ;)
Three cheers for Nelly and rum for everyone!

EDIT: And now Nelly's on jayisgames.com!

Ali

I'm delighted that the game has been pick of the month! Thanks SSH and thanks for your support Groogokk.

I've become aware of a few nasty bugs, so version 1.5 is available (see first post). This version prevents the game from running in 320x200 resolution. I know CJ advises against that in the manual, but the game cannot be completed in 320x200 resolution and a number of players have had to start again from the beginning.

ladymeba: I'm glad you liked the puzzles, thank you.

Risa

Hi, just wanted to let you know that I am not a regular to the forum but your game was so good I wanted to tell you! Your girlfriend must love you because you are so funny!

Ali

Risa: Well, it's not because I'm lanky and ginger...

I'm not really very funny, but I do laugh shamefully every time I play-test a new version and come across a joke I've forgotten. My favourite lines come from trying inventory items on characters. Thanks for the feedback!

vertigoaddict

Have you ever played Croc 2? I think adding a voice pack into this game with dialog would ruin it a bit; but if you made sort of mubling or squeaking sounds (technically cute gibberish) whenever a character speaks it'll make the game much cuter!

I LOVE THIS GAME! Can't wait for the sequel 'It's not Nelly Cootalot 2' (or something like that)

Rasi

squeeking sounds? gobliins2 comes to mind...

Bluesman

Great game! Definitely one of my favourite AGS titles... it embraces the best adventure game cliches and absolutely discards the rest!

Pelican

Such wonderful games I've missed during my absence! I just loved this game. Finished in about a couple of hours, and enjoyed every moment of it. It really captured that nostalgic MI feel, while being unique in its own right. Great graphical style, and hats off to m0d's music. I did find it mildly irritating having to navigate through the dialogues from the beginning for each different option I wanted to try, but I was too busy laughing at some of the options to be that bothered about it. Very funny, and I dearly hope to see a sequel.  :)

Ali

vertigoaddict: That's an interesting idea... Thanks for the feedback! The sequel is a long way off, so don't hold your breath unless you can hold it much longer than Guybrush.

Bluesman Ben: Thanks Ben, that was my aim.

Pelican: Thanks! The dialogue thing annoyed many people. I'm not sure how a short-cut-once-you've-tried-it dialogue maze would work, though. It's something I'd look into if I were making another similar puzzle.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk