Nelly Cootalot: Spoonbeaks Ahoy! HD - Launches 23rd May

Started by Ali, Tue 06/03/2007 16:44:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Thanks to the sterling efforts of Hervé Appriou (Surdy), Mathieu Bergounioux (Monsieur OUXX) and Marc Denizot, Nelly Cootalot is now available in with a French Translation.

Please tell every francophone person you meet to download it now!

Feedback and bug reports are welcome.

Calin Leafshade

As a non-french person am I likely to get a more refined and cultured experience with this version?

Ali

Absolutely! But side effects include mild chauvanism and a penchant for fois gras.

Ponch

Oh la vache !

Merci beaucoup, Ali. At last I can practice that French I (barely) learned but never bothered to use. Rends-toi compte, Ali !

I can finally take that trip up to Quebec for research on my upcoming MAGS game without embarrassing myself in a Tim Horton's again. With the help of this game, I can safely and confidently walk up to the girl at the counter and say "Hello, Quebec! I have returned! I love this country! I'm glad to be back! I'd like a dozen Timbits, please. Glazed ones. And a cup of coffee. I'll also need a few extra napkins. I tend to make a mess." (Bonjour, Quebec ! Me voilà  ! Je suis amoureuse de ce pays. Putain, je me caille ! Fais-moi l'amour ! Je bande pour toi ! Il est très grand ! J'ai l'herpès. Nous pouvons parler de ça demain.)

Nelly Cootalot makes learning fun! J'ai été dupé ! :cheesy:

Au revoir, AGSers. àâ,¬ poil !

- Ponch

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Ali on Tue 22/01/2013 12:25:58
Absolutely! But side effects include mild chauvanism and a penchant for fois gras.

Actually, you english-speaking people use the word "chauvinism" as something similar to "sexism". we use it as something similar to "nationalism" :D There you go! Your first culture shock as early as your first post!

PS: thanks for posting the game, Ali, I was about to advertise it on the French AGS forum when I saw you uploaded it here.

@Ponch: you're cute. Thinking that learning genuine French will help you communicate in Québec. God help you! You won't get a word of what they say ;)

@Calin: You'll definitely get a more cultured experience with this version, or let's say, at least you'll get a new experience, with all the cultural references updated to work in the Frenc-speaking world ;)

Ali

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Fri 22/02/2013 13:19:10
Actually, you english-speaking people use the word "chauvinism" as something similar to "sexism". we use it as something similar to "nationalism" :D There you go! Your first culture shock as early as your first post!

This may shock you, but I actually know that! I was referring to the French sense of cultural superiority (as opposed to the English sense of cultural superiority).

Anyway, thanks to Mathieu and Hervé I've just uploaded an update with minor corrections to the French (see first post).

Ali

No, Nelly 2 is totally not finished!

But a German version of Nelly Cootalot: Spoonbeaks Ahoy! is now ready, thanks to Marcel Weyers (proof-reading by Tante Tabata, Kat Wallisch and Björn Ludwig).

Tramponline

Awww, man, Ali! Why didn't you omit the 'No'.:grin:

You had all the ingredients for a 'Cootalototal' Net panic at your disposal.:tongue:
...our low attention span would've made up for the rest and let us skip the 'not' in that sentence anyway...

Congrats, on the German release, Ali!

Ali

And now the good people of Poland can enjoy Nelly's adventure, thanks to the work of Krzysztof "Elum" PaŠ‚ka. Finally!

Download:
Download Nelly Cootalot v1.8 (24mb .zip)

Krzysztof and I would welcome feedback on the translation from Polish players!

More info for Polish speakers here: http://www.przygodoskop.pl/nelly_cootalot_pl.htm

Elum

Quote from: Ali on Wed 01/10/2014 22:45:08
Krzysztof PaŠ‚ka
Also known as Elum in some weird internet places. ;)

EDIT:
Quote from: Ali on Wed 01/10/2014 22:45:08
Krzysztof "Elum" PaŠ‚ka
:)

Fitz

A niech mnie kule bijÃ,,…! Elum's finally done it -- and is also currently working on a Polish translation of Sam & Max! I've already contacted him and I'm currently drinking rum and eating raw fish in preparation for a role in a fully voiced Polish version of Nelly (and then both Sam AND Max, obviously).

Grajta, ludziska! Bo usiekÃ,,â,,¢! (laugh)

Elum

Thanks, Fitz.

I have no idea why it took me so long to Polish the game, because it was a pleasure to work with Nelly and all those funny looking spoonbeaks...

Now I want a real spoonbeak. :(

[delete}

Arrr! With a brand new Nelly Cootalot game entering the harbour, it's only little time left to revisit her first epic adventure...

Ali

Call me a mad fool if you will, but I've just launched Nelly Cootalot: Spoonbeaks Ahoy HD! on Steam Greenlight in honour of Talk Like A Pirate Day.

Because it is 640x480 resolution, Spoonbeaks Ahoy doesn't run properly on some computers (including my laptop). So I thought I'd take advantage of AGS's new custom resolutions, and do an HD makeover on the game. The original artwork was mostly vector graphics, meaning backgrounds can be scaled up with minimal loss of quality:

Full Size

So if you fancy helping out an old AGS game, you could throw a yes vote Nelly's way.

m0ds

Looking forward to playing it in 1280x72 res ;) Good luck dude!

CrashPL

Hey, a HD makeover is always welcome. :D Best of luck with the Greenlight, voted yes!

Crimson Wizard

That is nice to know.
"Nelly Cootalot" is in my "favourite AGS games of all time" list. :)

Ali

And special thanks are due to CW for making custom resolutions possible in the first place!

Danvzare

Ooh a HD re-release of a Nelly Cootalot!
I can't wait. :-D
Hmm... has anyone ever done a HD re-release of an AGS game before, or is this the first of its kind?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk