Nelly Cootalot: Spoonbeaks Ahoy! HD - Launches 23rd May

Started by Ali, Tue 06/03/2007 16:44:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Snarky

There was The Journey Down that was remade in a different engine.

There have been a few remakes or remastered games with improved graphics (like The Shivah, Bestowers of Eternity/Blackwell Legacy, Ben Jordan 1 and 2, etc.), but I think they mostly stick to the same resolution (though some of the Wadjet Eye titles have switched to higher-resolution dialog portraits); at least the updated versions are rarely what you would call "HD".

Mandle

Nelly Cootalot, for me, was one of the most perfect examples of how to instantly charm the player into wanting to play the game through to the end, and they wouldn't even care if the gameplay was a bit lacking, or the graphics weren't all that good...

But then the player finds out that the gameplay also happens to be engaging...And the graphics perfectly equal the charm of the game...

One of the best games I have ever played in any genre...In fact, it's been just about long enough that I've forgotten enough about the game to go back and play it...IN HD!!!

NicolaGs

Hello,

The last update indicates a version 1.8 (24 MB) but the provided links always lead to an older version (1.5, it seems -  weighing only 15 MB). Do you know if the link is to be updated soon or if there is an error ?

Thank you ! :)
My first game : I Want Out!

Ali

Looks like something got messed up when Peder shut down AGSer.me. Sorry! I've updated the links with the 1.8 version.

(Incidentally, Spoonbeaks got greenlit. Thanks for voting!)

NicolaGs

Thank you for the new link. I was awaiting the french translation to make my lady play your game... ;)
My first game : I Want Out!

Ali

The HD remaster of Nelly Cootalot: Spoonbeaks Ahoy! will be launching on Steam on 23rd May.

Wishlist on Steam

Yes, it's still in AGS! Yes it's 1920x1080 (or less, if you prefer)! Yes, me and real Nelly recorded all the voices in our tiny flat.

I've also added achievements, and replaced the hated verbcoin with a 2-click interface. Marco from Applications Systems Heidelberg has done loads of work making the game run on Mac and Linux.

We're going to be selling the game with a very small price-tag. Because it used to be freeware, after fees and taxes are deducted my share of the revenue will go to the RSPB, a British charity taking care of our feathered friends (birds). So if you feel weird about buying a formerly free game, you can still enjoy the cosy, warm feeling of me not getting any money.

Trailer:

Screenshots:

I know it's an old game, and this isn't big news. But it's been really nice to revisit the game and make it playable again.

If you feel like spreading the news, that would be lovely.

Mandle

eri0o

This looks great! Also very surprising, didn't see any mention of this project going on twitter :O

Ali

Well, I definitely tweeted about it! Damn everyone else on Twitter!

Frodo

Can we buy this upgraded version DRM-free?  Please don't make it steam-only.

Ali

The game launches today! If you don't like Steam, you can buy it direct from the publisher. That version has a serial number, but no intrusive DRM.

Steam:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/763030/Nelly_Cootalot_Spoonbeaks_Ahoy_HD/

Digital Download:
https://www.asl-shop.com/mac/games/adventures-and-role-playing/711/nelly-cootalot-spoonbeaks-ahoy-hd-download

Monsieur OUXX

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk