Release Something - (March 26)

Started by Sparky, Tue 06/03/2007 17:16:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparky

ABOUT RELEASE SOMETHING:
This isn't a competition as such, just a big free-for-all where we can all showcase our talents. Basically, a date is set for "Release Something!" Day and on that day, people are invited to post to this thread anything they like, really. For example, some sprites,  screenshots of your game, music, sound effects, backgrounds, rooms, a plugin, a storyboard, a demo, or if you can manage it, a full game. Heck, even if it's 95% done or 1% done, if you wanna release it, you go for it!

This round will begin March 26, and end on April 5. Hopefully that will be long enough, but feel free to ask for an extension if you really need one. Anyone working on a project is encouraged to post. Best wishes to all!

Edited:Date changed.

Gilbert

Right, this is approved activity, I'll stick and lock this thread for the time being.

BTW, Sparky, 10 March is probably too early, I think it should be at least about 2 weeks from announcement, so people can get more stuff ready when the day arrived. You may PM me to modify the date when you have decided about it.

The time is NOW!

m0ds

LGM

Introducing...

ROOM QUEST (in color)

Coming in March 2007!

You. Me. Denny's.

nihilyst

Okay, here is some shit:

This is an experiment with an Secret of Mana 2 style graphics (with colours more or less taken from screens of SoM 2)

This should have been a Monkey Island 2 style bg. It isn't nearly, but it's something.

You've probably seen that on the last BBlitz, and it's basically just another attempt at MI2-style (or something in that direction). Although some forms are rather shit, I quite like it.

My first attempt with my new bullshit tablet. Just some forms and colours, no textures, since that takes most of the time, which I don't want to spend on pics, that will never be seen in any of my games.

Second attempt with tablet. Again, it's just some forms and plain colours.

I'm currently planning on a new game, but -- in fact -- nothing is done, no scripts, no bgs, no nothing. It's just an idea floating in my mind, but it doesn't evolve yet. Perhaps, when I'm back to university and the time of relaxing is over, my creative senses will come back to life ^^

Until then ...

cheers
nihilyst

Da_Elf

here is my contribution. i just sort of animated my photoshop layers. this image is to go with the demo of my game found at .....

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=832

FSi++

Okay, Tech Demo for my forthcoming crap called

Smokey the Bear vs. Stalin's Floating Head

Not much of a game there yet, just the engine and intro.
What would it be? 2D adventure with keyboard control, (hopefully) retro graphics and (hopefully) chip as hell music.
You may look at what it is now at http://siliconfluorite.fatal.ru/stuff/stb_td_5.exe (win32 installer).

By the way, I'm looking for artist, pm me if interested.

fentongames

Okay, here's some graphics from my current game(s) Time Kid. (It will now be released in two parts. The first part meeting my deadline of April 15th):

And now for some animations:

The main character's (Jacob's) animation for when he is shot in the head.

One of the villains animations. He is firing a laser here.

This animation is of a man running to his bomb shelter in World War Two.

And now, a new screenshot:

Jacob landing his time machine on an alien planet.

One new background:

Of a hallway in Jacobs school. (St Henry's school of History and Fact)

And my website:
www.fentonfilms.co.uk

I suppose I'd better update the progress thread too.

fentonfilms
Time Kid, coming this summer.

Akatosh

A fine piece of propaganda. No, that's not the name of the game.

SpacePirateCaine

After the recent Sprite Jam, I had an odd idea for a game, so here's a promotional image for it.
The title of the game, tentatively, will be Broken - hailing to the title of the jam that got me started.

I wonder if anyone recognizes the two characters in the background? - heavily inspired by a certain series of music videos.
Note, this is still in infancy in the purest sense of the word. Aside from story, this is *all* I have to show for the project.
Check out MonstroCity! | Level 0 NPCs on YouTube! | Life's far too short to be pessimistic.

Colxfile

When I started with AGS, I played with the RON resource pack and was part the way through a game before pushing it to one side and foolishly constructing an unplayable MAGS game and another non-adventure game.

I recently came back to it and was disappointed. It wasn't awful, but it was poor. I've lost my motivation for finishing it, but I have spent some time making it suck less than when I started about a month ago.

Get it (<1MB)
Always carry a UV marker pen with you. When you go to a shop or a friend's house, if you see something you like, put your name and postcode on it. If it gets stolen and subsequently recovered, the police will get in touch with you so that they can 'return' it.

Peder 🚀

I present to you:

A screenshot:

GFX by the great Nihilyst!

And a small tech demo to show you the mouse system.
http://www.sonsofgaia.net/companion/CompanionTechDemo.rar

(left click = current action, right click = look)

Peder Johnsen

markbilly

So, this doesn't have to be a finished product? Well, I'm hoping to get the first section/level of my game finished completely by the end of April, for another deadline, but here are some shots...

It's a sci-fi conspiracy adventure, not definitively named yet, and I don't want to give too much away in terms of story line.

This demo level will be available soon, but it represents only 10% of the game. 

And, yes. He does look a bit like Guybrush!

Sam.

IT looks like a sprite would look if you traced over guybrush. Shocking.
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

Nacho

Your crits are allways so helpfull, Zoot  ;)
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Disco

That wouldn't happen to be a Monkey Island meets Star Wars meets Firefly game, would it? That character looks like you tried to make Malcolm Reynolds out of Guybrush  :P

Darth Mandarb

This may come as a bit of a surprise to some but ... Amulet of Kings is still in production.  Things have really been draggin' the last few months, but Team Hasselhoff is still around and AoK will be made!

Here's a previously unrelased screenshot I made (w/ Farlanders new sprites in it!)

Hope you like it!

Sparky

Nihilyst: Wow, you've been busy. Nice work all around. You mention The Secret of Mana 2- have you played the third game in the series? If you like the art in 2 I'd definitely recommend it.
Darth Mandarb: I'm happy to see that Amulet of Kings is alive and well. I like the new sprites- I think the less cartoony proportions will work well in your game.
Peder Johnsen: Is that first person? It looks interesting. I'll download your mouse demo as soon as I can (I'm on a mac for the next week or so).
SpacePirateCaine: nice artwork. I look forward to more on this project in the future.
Akatosh: I was wondering what your avatar was about. I like the premise. I can't tell, but it seems like there are two storylines in parallel. That sounds fun.

These are from a previously unannounced project that has been in progress for a number of months. The placeholder title is Placeholder:

The room belongs to an elderly housekeeper with a gardening hobby. The accompanying image is an early sprite of the main character (in a sailor suit). He's an intelligent, somewhat quiet child with an active imagination. His placeholder name is also Placeholder.

Placeholder travels from his home to a faraway jungle research station where his parents are posted. Faced with busy parents and a brother with a terminal illness, he responds the way any intelligent, sensitive person will; by reading a lot of fairy tales and imagining he lives in a fantasy world. The story has a fantasy setting with a vaguely British 1840's-ish flavor with a few misplaced elements like zeppelins and gender equality. The game will be relatively short, with the focus on detail rather than length.

Peder 🚀

Quote from: Sparky on Wed 28/03/2007 05:53:18
Peder Johnsen: Is that first person? It looks interesting. I'll download your mouse demo as soon as I can (I'm on a mac for the next week or so).

Yes it is :).

Peder Johnsen.

auriond

I've hit a busy patch recently so I haven't really done much recently. All I have to show is the next room in the gallery that I posted a screenshot of before, and a concept drawing of Eshana as a sad clown.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk