Webdesign

Started by Peder 🚀, Sun 11/03/2007 20:03:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Peder 🚀

Hey all!

We have made a website for our Team and I would like to know what can be done different etc with it.

What I am looking for is something that works with the name "Sons of Gaia".

So any ideas on how to improve it?

www.sonsofgaia.net

Thanks,
Peder Johnsen.

Nikolas

I hope you didn't go public with the comment "a better designed website will come later"  :P

It is rather bare, I'd say. When I visit a game site I'm looking immediately for "media", or "screenshots", or "music", or "downloads", or something simmilar... Maybe it's a bit early to have a site? (in case you don't have any screenshots yet... I mean if you don't have the material to post in the games in progress forum (and you're afraid of Darth), then you probably are not ready for a site yet). If you have the material, do post some!

Other than that, having seen nothing from the game, I have no idea if the blue (which is a lovely colour actually and the shade works) goes with the game theme...

Bottom line, you may have to little to go online yet. Wait. When you have enough, you will also have a much better idea of what aesthetics to go for. After all the site should serve the purpose of informing... right now there's nothing to inform.

In the games section, shouldn't there be links to all 4?

Hope I didn't dissapoint you... :-\

Peder 🚀

Quote from: Nikolas on Sun 11/03/2007 20:08:41
In the games section, shouldn't there be links to all 4?
no... as the last 2 is projects to be done in the far future.
They are only mentioned because they are under progress (though on purpose really slow).

Quote from: Nikolas on Sun 11/03/2007 20:08:41
Hope I didn't dissapoint you... :-\
Did not dissapoint me at all :).

I will explain a bit more!
Sons of Gaia is also the name of the team aswell as the game!
(will use 2 different logos).
We currently got 1 main project (Also called Sons of Gaia.)
And one on the side project (Companion) that I work on when I not able to work on Sons of Gaia.
The last two is just games we want to make and that we have ideas for (Dungeonquest is originally a board game so most ideas concept etc is allready finished it just need to be changed so it will fit as a game.)

So this website dont have to tell anything about the game as the game is getting its own website.
This is more for information about the main team, news from the team, links to other AGS teams/games etc.
List of games in progress. etc.
And to recruit new team members.

Peder.

ManicMatt

Yeah, sorry, but it all seems rather pointless without any real information on it. Right now you could fit that info on a banner! If you get me.

I reccomend you look at some other AGS makers websites for inspiration.

Having a game and the company name the same is really confusing!

Afflict

hat I think hes looking for is design help not content ;) I agree on the above mentioned points and thanks I can use that advice too!

What I think Peder wants to know is whether or not you guys like the look of the site, and any advice or suggestions?

Heres my thoughts on this.

*The color scheme is awesome I love it.
*I would also make the site a bit wider but that is just personal preference.
*You will benefit from a logo a bit although the glowing text looks pretty kewl too.
*The content is crucial as the 10 second rule of grab the viewers attention will apply, make it visually attractive and the viewer will probably go through the whole site.

So breaking it down I would say, start getting a logo set up, work on some screen shots. You can also put information about the story of the game eg: like the stuff said on the back of a game box. Can include character information with sketches or portrait shots of the characters.

Something of those sorts will be kewl. Also set up a section where you say I require this or that, like an employment section if you do require more people. Maybe under the team section. A website that is pretty good IMO is http://www.indylc2.com/

Anyway I hope I got more to the point of what you wanted.

Edit: I noticed the navigation at the bottom of the page now, missed it completely maybe add a top one too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk