Encounters of the Closest Kind

Started by FruitStripeApe, Wed 21/03/2007 04:06:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Candle

Little more info would be nice FruitStripeApe.

Fleshstalker

I tried to download twice, but the download finished about 1/3 of the way through. :(

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Uninteresting graphics, lame story, minimal interaction. All that I can live with. But this game radiates a feeling of "I didn't bother to put the least effort in and I don't care!".
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

m0ds

And, it's not exactly hard to spot that you are both FruitStripeApe and KC. Why did you sign up twice?

Steel Drummer

I think he did it so that he'd have a better chance at winning MAGS. I noticed it was the same guy after just reading the post. I say disqualify him from the competition. Not like he had a chance of winning, anyways.
I'm composing the music for this game:

m0ds

Well, questioning it is fine - but there's no need for anyone to get hostile and nasty about it. It wasn't the right action to take, but at least there's more of a game there than "A Nigga's Revenge"... Wait and see what the moderators say/do.

KC

You guys... So perceptive.  We used the same googlepages, and said this is our entry around the same time.  FruitStripeApe is my brother and we are using the same computer.  The games are vastly different.  Thanks for the warm welcome, though.  This is my and his first game and first entry.  Please just play our games.  Sheesh.

m0ds

But did you even read the rules? You're not supposed to post MAGS entries up as standalone releases on this board. Plus, you both code extremely alike. Are you siamese twins? :)

KC

We weren't turning in our entries here, though, these are full games and we figured we'd post them here when there done.  I know you post it in the current mags forum, but i was waiting for the thread for the contest, then post it there.   Trust me, we don't look the same, we just wanted to turn it in and we both finished the same night, and we both needed hosting so i just did both our stupid d/load pages as simply an quick as possible.

KC

Oh yeah and about the coding alike, we both were learning at the same time.  And we both haven't really drawn anything before.  Where was I supposed to post it?  Or am I not even allowed to do it outside the competition?

uuuhk

prove it (the thing about your brother) with the photo ;D

m0ds

Well if you want them to be counted as games that aren't MAGS entries, then you're okay to post them here. But you'll have read that people want more information. Don't just post a link and expect people to play and comment, that's all.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

BTW, Mods, their games were similar only to the extent that they're both obviously begginers. Reading this thread and the other thread I also jumped to the conclusion that they were the same person - but before I posted, I took a closer look. Ray's Rods has a lot more attention to background detail than this game - which isn't saying much, but it's saying something. Also, the graphical style, while similar, is easily told apart - big empty rooms or with big things to fill space, as here, VS rooms which actually have content. It was really rather easy to tell them apart.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

m0ds

I see, well I didn't, and I jumped conclusions. Perhaps if the brothers had posted more words so that they could be indified apart I wouldn't have made the conclusions. Fact is they didn't, so I did!! :) This is a forum though, not a text-message centre.

Rusty

Well who really cares about him and his brother, the point is that his game.. umm. Well it needs heaps and heaps of work. I personally think he should start again, and take his time.

FruitStripeApe

;D
This is my first game/Competition.
It took 2 hours to make.
I was working on 2 other game for 2 weeks before this for the competition but i felt that i did'nt know enough about AGS To make them the way I wanted and i liked the 2 storys too much to just release for the monthly competition.
I just wanted a reaction to this game to get some Support on how to make better games.
Thats all i want to do, make better games.
So give some Responses and suggestions.
Thanks for your support,
Kirby aka FruitStripeApe

FSi++

Haha, guys, wait for MY game! :-*
I dunno how you both gonna win but I can see patterns...

FruitStripeApe

Does anyone realize that the competition ends monday.
A lot of posts on the Competition Thread are talking about making a game now for the competition, and are acting like they just saw the rules for the first time even though the rules for this month have been out for over 2 weeks now.

Buckethead

I know it ends monday that why I decided not to enter, there's lots of other stuff to do before monday.

This game isn't too bad actually. The graphics are really lame but hey , the game plays ok and it alll seems to make some sense. Besides you got some stuff that you wanted in your game to work. Like the cutscene at the start and the captured alien.

If you spend some more time on your games they might be alot better.  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk