Hi Alkis, I just finished your game! Overall, I really enjoyed the game a lot. The game has some qualities that are unrivaled yet and it is probably the longest AGS game so far, so much is sure (I also think it is longer than anything Sierra ever did and most other commercial games). Thank you for the unique gaming experience!
Things that I think were really fantastic about your game:
However, there were some things that I absolutely didn't like. Most of them are minor issues that could easily be fixed on the one hand, but could spoil the enjoyment of the game for some people on the other hand, so I'd like to point them out to you as well. I hope you can take this as constructive criticism and don't feel offended.
- The orichalcum puzzle: There was no clue to any part of this puzzle. There wasn't a clue that an orichalcum bead could be used on the boat, not even that there was a mould or something similar. Also, you never needed the "summon inventory item from old adventure game" spell for and there wasn't a clue that the spell worked differently in different locations either. I honestly think that no one will figure this one out without trial and error. Add clues or remove the puzzle, it will improve your game.
- The screwdriver puzzle: Up to this point, all puzzles were very "down to earth". I just didn't expect this Monkey Island/DOTT kind of puzzle at this point of the game. And why was the vodka under the bed?
- Start of the game: I think I've read the words "Chapter I: Alkis Is Missing" more than 50 times and I will remember that Natalia is 27 years at the beginning of the story till the day that I die. You really should show a menu at the beginning that allows you to quickly restore a saved game, especially as your game is very long and people are likely start it many times before they finish it.
- The menu icons and some of the inventory items were too small for my taste. It's just uncomfortable. Also I think the title bar should disappear when the icon bar pops up so you can select an icon by quickly moving the cursor all the way to the top of the screen and clicking.
- The standard icon in the inventory should be the action cursor (except when you're in Gergem of course), just because the arrow cursor doesn't have any function at all and you can look at items by left-clicking on them. If I remember right, Puss in Boots already pointed this out.
- Natalia cutting the alien's arm off. Well, you portrayed the aliens as evil beings, but this was so cruel that it just seemed out of character. Call me a sissy, but I really didn't like it.
- The very last scene with Natalia back in Gergem (?). This ending gave me the feeling that all was for nothing. Or is it just that I didn't understand a thing? How can it be that Dloulie and Natalia still are close friends and she is still in Gergem? Or was it all a dream after all and all of this never happened?
Now there's one thing I'd just like to know (if it's not too personal):
I hope you'll make another game some time. Maybe with some help, so it won't take you that long.
Sorry, moderators, I don't know how this happened.
I really didn't want to start a new thread. Could you move this message in the Other Worlds thread?