Character sprite for CandC Improved walkcycle

Started by SinSin, Wed 18/04/2007 14:47:11

Previous topic - Next topic

SinSin

as some of you may know i have been working on my first project The Cave (gonna get a rename soon) i was just hoping if the folks here could have a look at my character i have revamped and see if he looks odd
Cand C please

After redraw     Before redraw

Thanx Sin
Currently working on a project!

Moresco

His arms hang weird, seems zombie-like in a way.  Facial features are so light I can barely make out his face. :(  Otherwise I like it.
::: Mastodon :::

SinSin

Dezombied          After redraw     Before redraw

Thanx Sin

Jon

It's good, my only suggestion now would be to change his right knee, as that shouldn't be sticking out because he has a stance like a penguin.

SinSin

Medical Waste

Is there a reason for the dithering? Otherwise you should try and clean it up a bit.
THE PATIENTS ARE REVOLTING

SinSin

Quote from: Medical Waste on Wed 18/04/2007 22:04:22
Is there a reason for the dithering? Otherwise you should try and clean it up a bit.
Yeah i like the ditheryness about him i think its more of a style signature
most of my backgrounds have been like this its something i do    ...  i suppose you could call me a dithering idiot lol
plus the guy is still magnified in this view he is about 7/8ths the size so it merges quite well on the tests ive been running in and out of the schedule

buloght

Lose the dithering, it will complicate the animation and may have it look funny.

Sparky

Could we see a screen capture of the dithered character in a dithered environment? I could see it potentially working.

Also you're working in a program with layers, you could have the value and hue dithering separate from the drawing itself. That would simplify animation.

SinSin

As requested

I think he could do with a little bit of touching but he's nearly there

Moresco

Not too shabby.  ^^  oh another light pole.  sweet.
::: Mastodon :::

Medical Waste

His torso is quite skinny compared to his hips/legs now.
THE PATIENTS ARE REVOLTING

cat

I think you should do something with his nose. Use darker colours to make it more visible. Now it looks like someone hit him and flattened his nose.

ThreeOhFour

Yo Sin,

I just had a couple of quick ideas, the first is a paintover of your one, and the second is a completely re-drawn dude. Just thought I'd see if I could give you some ideas:

No worries if you don't like them.

SinSin

Quote from: Medical Waste on Thu 19/04/2007 05:50:09
His torso is quite skinny compared to his hips/legs now.
Yeah he seems quite like that but his arms are overlapping the torso and his hands are then in his pockets
Quote from: cat on Thu 19/04/2007 07:58:06
I think you should do something with his nose. Use darker colours to make it more visible. Now it looks like someone hit him and flattened his nose.
Will redevelop that nose so he is unboxerish
Quote from: Ben304 on Thu 19/04/2007 10:42:07
I just had a couple of quick ideas, the first is a paintover of your one, and the second is a completely re-drawn dude. Just thought I'd see if I could give you some ideas:
No worries if you don't like them.
I like them and thanks for the edit but i think I'm gonna stick with the original (with a revamped nose ) the arms on the top one are a bit "Are you talking to me? " esq
the second doesnt fit my background to well (I have run some tests) not that i was gonna steal your work matey

Thanx guys   

Please keep posting if you are reading this thread for the first time and/or would like to add a comment , This is not closed yet

Thanks Sin

SinSin

Ive been working long and hard on this and i think this walkcycle still needs touching as he seems to have a limp can anyone else point out anything (Note i have no idea on how to make the gif any bigger without re doing it )

Cheers gask ;D

gASK

He seems to have a limp because his torso moves more forward and down in one half of the cycle way more than in other half. Also his right leg moves faster forwad and doesn't bend as much as the left, which helps the impression. Make the movement more "mirrorlike".

Otherwise the motion is just right. Nice animating

(You can "enlarge the images" by using the image tag with parameters -  [ img width=50 height=110 ]hxxp://your.image&[ img ]

Just set the width and height right and voilá!)

SinSin

Finally I got round to correcting this character
Look no limp .. :o
(please ignore the ever so slight twitch on the enlarged version)

[IMG Width=50 height=225]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v691/a1n2t3z4/walk4.gif[/img]

cobra79

He is not limping anymore but his up and down movement seems a bit exaggerated though. 1 pixel would be sufficient in my opinion. He also looks as if he is moving uphill because you don't straighten his leg when it comes forward. Is it on purpose? The pixels in his face jump a bit and in general I would not dither such a small sprite. Good work.

EkkieBurt

On the second (or first) bounce, when he brings his right arm back, the movement is too severe compared with the rest of the motion. Otherwise it's looking good.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk