what music do you listen to?

Started by Evil, Tue 31/12/2002 03:03:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Evil

what music do you listen to when you draw and/or use ags? do you have anyother things that you do while you do this?
Music i listen to:
goo goo dolls, rhcp, ozzy, and korn but i am usally talking to ladies on the phone.
Other stuff:
eat, light candles, talk on the phone.

jAcK-o

personally, while i draw/paint/write etc. I like to listen to a wide variety of music depending upon my mood at the time, or the mood i want to transfer myself into.
Favorites will always be:
The Cure, Nine Inch Nails, Sisters of Mercy, Bauhaus, Linkin Park, Deadsy, Orgy, Machines of Loving Grace, Gary Numan and of course, TOOL.  
There are of course other bands in my music selection, but, those usually take the cake when i am in my arsty, lets drink wine and be an insomniac phase.  
Of course, i always have the room dimmed and light candles, and HAVE to have a full pack of ciggies nearby.
Anywho, ramble on do i.
*kills the psychosomatic concept of love*

"Life, the gift you sometimes want to return for something better."

Trapezoid

They Might Be Giants and Oingo Boingo are my top favorite bands (too bad only TMBG are still together!) I also love Weezer, Cornelius, Cake, Frank Black, Cornelius, Ben Folds, Weird Al, and Cornelius. There's also a bunch of MP3.com artists whom I enjoy, such as Logan Whitehurst, Pocket Dwellers, The Fullerenes, and uh, Trapezoid... You can always check them out.

TheYak

Varies with season and mood. If I'm feeling a bit goofy, it'll be Barenaked Ladies, King Missile, Cake, Cracker, Simon & Garfunkel, Tenacious D, the Vandals or Millencolin.  If I'm more into the pissed-off mode it'll be Godsmack, Bad Religion, NoFX, Strung Out or any other number of punk bands.  If I'm moody, it'll be classical, Stabbing Westward, Billie Holiday, Louis Armstrong, or The Cure.  (I'm eclectic, if anything, I suppose)

Dim lighting a must.  A full pack of smokes - -definate must.  A full pot of coffee -- a good start.  Midnight or later -- best time.  Corpse of some sort within viewing distance -- helps sometimes (occasionally have to slaughter a gnat to accomplish this requirement).

c.leksutin

Boards of Canada
Amon Tobin
TeeBee
Autechre
Four-Tet
More Boards of Canada
Squarepusher
Pongoid (AKA Super Fly)
Orbital
Photek
Loop Theorist (thats me)

and lets see here....

Oh yeah: Boards of Canada

C.

Helm

Hah, you expected me to post here, didn't you?
WINTERKILL

Privateer Puddin'

Adamski

Same as Leks, along with some 'underground' UK club music...
Oh yes, and Elbow. Elbow are gods.

Goldmund

I feel as if I replied to this thread many times, so this time I'd go with a few special songs that come to my mind.

These are all magical.

Death in June - Daedalus Falling; What Ends When The Symbols Shatter

Nick Cave - Do You Love Me 2; Stranger Than Kindness

Einstuerzende Neubauten - Seele brennt; Armenia; Befindlichkeit des landes

Leonard Cohen - Dress rehearsal rag; Teachers; Master song

Jean-Michel Jarre - Ethnicolor 2

Cocteau Twins - Pandora

Bauhaus - Slice of life; All we ever wanted

Sisters of Mercy - Some kind of stranger

Lou Reed - whole Magic and Loss album

Laurie Anderson - Coolsville; Freefall

Listen to them and you know me like an old shilling.
There's also one song that I listen to when I'm very happy because something good happened to me. It's "I've seen this face before" by Grace Jones. Come to think of it, I haven't heard it in ages.

Gonzo

My ultimate favourite-bands-ever list:
Weezer
The Beatles
Green Day
Foo Fighters
The Clash
Manic Street Preachers
Ben Folds Five

Stuff I'm quite into at the moment:
Metallica (mostly the later material, although they got some good earlier songs)
The Electric Soft Parade (got their debut album for Christmas, very good stuff)
Tenacious D

Visti

Dredg, Tool(Lateralus! Take THAT, Helm), King Crimson, Old Incubus (The funk not the death metal), Death, Cynic, Victor Wooten, RHCP, RATM.

earlwood

Earl's big load of music
Pink Floyd
Black Sabbath
Megadeth
Fight
Johnny Rivers
David Essex
David Bowie
A bit of Elton John
Jo Jo Gunn
Five man Electric
Runs N roses
The Hollies
Frank Zappa
Emerson Lake & palmer
James Gang
Judas Priest
Buffalo Springfield
Creme
KISS
Man..or Astroman
Axe
British Lions
Ministry
Ted Nugent's Amboy Dukes
Antrax
Armageddon
Alice Cooper
The Aultralian Doors Show
Blue Oyster Cult
Meat Puppets
Rush
Warren Zevon
Vince Guidardi
Ventures
Tubes
Tool
Todd Rundgren
Focus
Three Dog Night
Thin Lizzy
Talking Heads
Styx
Stone Temple Pilots
Stillwater
Soundgarden
Simon & Garfunkel
Primus
Rockets
Nine Inch Nails
Fabulous Poodles
Eagles
Cars
Faith No more
Devo
Frankie Laine
Budgie
   &
Commander Cody

Somemore..but I can't think up the names

Sluggo

Well, all I listen to is classical. If you really want to know what specifically I usually listen to when agsing though...

Tchaikovsky- Swan Lake full ballet score (very appropriate for my game actually), Nutcracker full ballet, Symph. 6, Orchestra suites 3&4 (Mozartiana), 1812 overture, Capriccio Italian, March Slav, various small works
Vivaldi- Four seasons
Stravinsky- Rite of Spring, Pulcinella (occasionally, it's not that good)
Saint Saens- Carnival of the Animals, Danse Macabre, Bacchanale (Samson & Delilah)
Mozart- all kinds of crap, mostly piano concertos, eine kleine nachtmusik, opera stuff (Magic Flute, Marriage of Figaro)
Holst- Planets (Jupiter's my favorite :) )
Handel- Music for the Royal Fireworks
Mussorgsky- Night on Bare Mountain, Pictures at an Exibition
Puccini- various opera stuff (Gianni Schicci, Turandot)
Mendelssohn- Symphony stuff, Midsummer Night Dream, Songs without Words
Beethoven- Symphonies (usually pastoral(6) and Eroica(3)), piano sonatas, etc...
Wagner- Flying Dutchman, Tannhauser, Mastersingers of Nuremburg, Ring stuff (Rhinegold, Sigfried, Valkyrie, Twilight of the Gods), Lohengrin
Chopin- various stuff, preludes, Fantasie Impromptu, etc...
Richard Strauss- Till Eulenspiegel's merry pranks, Thus Spake Zarathustra,
Mahler- Symphonies
Marcello- Oboe concerto Dm
Bach- hmm, whatever I have lying around

There's probably more on some anthology CD's I listen to all the time, but that covers the major composers. :)

LordHart

AC/DC
Queen
Kiss
The Atlantics
They Might Be Giants
Weezer
Supergrass
Andrew WK
Beach Boys
Bikini Kill
The Donnas
The Dolls
The Ramones
The Temptations
Tenacious D
Run DMC
Beastie Boys
Nirvana
Rage Against The Machine
Regurgitator
Spinal Tap
Stevie Wonder
Midnight Oil

and pretty much just band from the '70s and '80s.

- Ultimo

DMonkey

A pretty random assortment, specifically:

All My Ghosts - Frank Black
Buddy Holly - Weezer
Disco Inferno - The Trammps
Every OS Sucks - Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie
Gonna Fly Now - Whoever wrote the Rocky soundtrack
Hotel California - The Eagles
Italian Leather Sofa - Cake
Kung Fu Fighting - Carl Douglas
Little Willy - Sweet
Lookin' Out My Back Door - Creedence Clearwater Revival
Looney Tunes - Whoever wrote the Looney Tunes Theme
Play That Funky Music - Wild Cherry
Soul Man - Sam & Dave
Viva Las Vegas - Elvis Presley
Were You Born an Asshole - Jimmy Buffet
What a Wonderful World - Louie Armstrong
Who cares what the catch is, it's the flying car!

MrColossal

wow goldmund.. i haven't thought of death in june in a long time... i never really listened to them but someone i used to date was crazy into them, had a big ass tattoo on them of the gloved hand and the whip

my music at the moment:

Mindless Self Indulgence
Amethyst Rockstar [saul williams is so rockin]
Nick Cave
Tom Waits
Morphine
Meat Puppets
C64 music
and lately i've been digging Jurassic 5

eric
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Squinky

Britney Spears....and only Britney Spears....

Pesty

My top three favorite bands of all time are Queen, The Aquabats and GWAR. Other bands I really like are Three Dog Night, Aerosmith, The Moody Blues, Stone Temple Pilots, Steve Miller Band, The Laziest Men on Mars, The B52s, Blondie, They Might Be Giants, Duran Duran, The Monkees and The Beatles. Singers I like are Billy Idol, Falco, Johnny Cash, MC Chris, Hikaru Utada, Shakira (shut the hell up) and Wierd Al.

I like most anything from the 80's (Which is one of the reasons GTA: Vice City is one of my favorite games ever) and early 90's rap about video games or cartoons (Ninja Rap!) and music from video games in general. I also like Captain Lou Albano, especially in his Super Mario Brothers Super Show days. And looking at my Winamp list, I have more clips from MST3K than I do anything else.
ACHTUNG FRANZ: Enjoy it with copper wine!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

Goldmund

Hey Eric, you have a good taste when it comes to ladies.
;p
Any hints as to the exact location of the DIJ tattoo? A photo or something? Just pure academic interest...

Timosity

RHCP - Apache rose Peacock, the greeting song
Infectious Grooves - monster skank
Frenzal Rhomb - Get off, bucket bong (AUS)you can d/l the song from this page. Everyone will love the site
Spiderbait - Sam Gribbles (AUS)
Regurgitator - I like it like that (AUS)
Faith No More - the gentle art of making enemies
Bill Oddie - Run

Fantomas
System of a down
The Beatles
Eddie Cochran
Dion
The Prodigy
Basement Jaxx
Janes Addiction
Devo
Depeche Mode
The Birthday Party (Nick Cave) (AUS)
The Mad Caddies
The Porkers (AUS)
AC/DC (AUS)

Thats just some I can Think of in no particular order, the ones with (AUS) are Australian bands you may or may not have heard of.

DragonRose

Dragonrose's list of Excellent AGSing Music

Lorena McKennit (I don't think I spelled that right)
Barenaked Ladies
Bachman Turner Overdrive
The Guess Who
They Might Be Giants
Fastball
Moxy Fruvous
Blink 182
Sesame Street (I can never get enough of "C" is for Cookie)

And a bunch of songs that I listen to over and over but I don't really listen to any thing else by the band:
Bitter Sweet Symphony-The Verve
Pinball Wizard- The Who
The Freshman- The Vervepipe
The Theme Songs for Fraggle Rock and Inspector Gadget
Weapon of Choice- Fatboy Slim

So much tasty musical goodness.
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

Butcher

I only listen to fox trot and death christian cha cha.

by the way here's my advice for the prog-rockers out there:

CAPTAIN BEYOND
BIRTH CONTROL
LUCIFER'S FRIEND
the first 2 records of QUEEN
and the first record of THE SCORPIONS!!! this is not a joke! it really is a great record!
oh and HOT RATS by FRANK ZAPPA!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
---------------------

Visti

And if it's really late add this to my list:

Radiohead - OK Computer/The Bends,
Deftones - White Pony,
Opeth - Deliverance,
Carmina Burana,
System of a down - S/T and Steal This Album,
Fantomas,
MC Paul Barman,
Faith no more,
Dillinger Escape Plan,
NiN,
Jaco Pastorius,
Outkast,
Boy Hits Car,
Some Slayer,
A wee bit of Royksopp too.

Oh, yeah, and The Used. Yumyumyum. Yumyum. Yum.

Yum.

Barcik

I'm a rock guy, though what I am really into is metal (preferably trash metal) and not the sissy stuff which is on MTV. Nothing beats a song with good guitar-bashin music. So my favourties are : Metallica (!), Nirvana, Iron Maiden, Nevermore, Iced Earth, Rammstein (some of it), Nightwish and other various stuff.
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

Evil

zappa. i havent heard that name in a while. i really like the rock stuff but the mid 90's stuff os my favorite. like fastball, tonic, radiohead. that was a really good time in music. and here is a good one. what are your thoughts on manson? i like his music but he dresses like a woman...

Barcik

Quote from: evil on Wed 01/01/2003 20:11:47what are your thoughts on manson? i like his music but he dresses like a woman...

I like his music, as well.

Trapezoid

Some more artists I like to are Mr. Bungle, No Doubt, Moxy Fruvous, Polysics, Devo, The Velvet Teen, and Mark Lovegrove.

Barcik

Evil

yes i love no doubt. but its like sponge bob. it was cool when no one else watched it. now its not cool. no doubt was cool but they are to popular now. now i dont like them as much.
and this is why manson scares me

he looks like whore

Trapezoid

Yeah, by No Doubt I'm referring to the Tragic Kingdom era. And Manson's a dweeb. His gimmickyness exceeds his talent tenfold...

Erwin_Br

Bryan Adams (I'm going to his concert in March, yay!)
Queen
The Eagles
REM
Weird Al Y.

various MP3's and MIDI's from LucasArts adventuregames. (MI, SnM, Indy)

Las Naranjas

Pesty-Aquabats? Wierd Al? TMBG?

Nerd!

;)

All three (Along with groups like Tenacious D) are funny. Immense talent and nothing to say.

Rubix Cuba! http://www.rubixcuba.com

Timosity-Even with some of the ones they've heard of, the list may prove informative. It's amazing to know how many people think ACDC are American. And rest assured one person here know's the Porkers.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

Trapezoid

TMBG? Funny? Well, I guess they're pretty funny in some cases. A lot of their songs are only funny if you're not paying attention.

Las Naranjas

I meant funny in terms of what they are, not what they write.

The fact they have immense amounts of talent, but write songs that often sound meanigful, but have relatively nonsense lyrics.
Like Stormy Pinkness, or Road Movie To Berlin.

They do have lyrics that mean something occasionally.
"I'm a moron" - LGM

MrColossal

Goldmun: upper right arm, sorry to disappoint

I like manson, i can't explain it, i just do and i don't feel i need to explain it *fires random evil looks at sylpher* i don't think he's the antichrist or anything special, he's just a smart man with a band

and Pesty: rock on with the MC Chris... I heartell his backpack contains jets.

and i totally forgot: The flaming lips, My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult, The Beta Band and for shits and giggles Voltaire

my playlist also includes SubZero by Praga Kahn and Hulkster In Heaven by Hulk Hogan... but that doesn't mean that I like them there
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Pesty

Quote from: evil on Wed 01/01/2003 21:20:16
he looks like whore

He dresses like Christina Aguliera. I was half expecting him to be in the Lady Marmelade video. Then again, I was expecting Bootsy Collins in the Lady Marmelade video too. That would've been a great music video.

Oranges -  I'm not a nerd!!1! I haven't even seen the newest Lord of the Rings movie!

Maestro Colossal - I usually hate rap, but how can you hate rap about Boba Fett by a nerdy cartoonist? And is 'SubZero by Praga Kahn' the SubZero song featured in Bob the Angry Flower? I've always wondered who that guy was. If it is, then I add that to my favorite music list as well.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

NTL.

I don't exactly like rap. Or heavy metal.
Duke Entertainment Message Boards (DEILF)
Duke Entertainment Official Website <-- Recently updated
uhhh... I Live Forever!!!

MrColossal

hehe yea pesty, that's the song...

Praga Kahn apparently made it... and if you don't know who he is he's married to the lead singer from Lords of Acid and they do crazy techno sex together... and for some reason he did Sub Zero

which is why i love him...

and the awesome thing is MC Chris used to live near me in the city... and he went to the Upright Citizen's Brigade Theater! and that's where he got his jorb pretty much!!

SOMEONE DISCOVER ME!

Goldmund

I very much like videos of Marilyn Manson, whereas I don't dig the music itself. I think that the videos started a very interesting trend, something like "utter beauty in ugliness". Like in Tourniquet (sp?), Sweet dreams etc.

ratracer

I usually go for one CD that stays there for more than a month.
So, probably this year I didn't have more than:
Yes
Jethro Tull
Gentle Giant
Genesis
Bruford
and JL Ponty

Ben

Pixies, Beck, REM, Weezer, Radiohead, Tool, RHCP, Violent Femmes, Nada Surf, Ozma (California band), Rustic Overtones (dead local band), Beatles, Nirvana and.. um.. um.. um.. Foo Fighters.

magintz

Punk and Ska type stuff.

My three favourite bands are (and fav. song by them):
Reel Big Fish (She has a girlfriend now)
[spunge] (Kicking Pidgeons)
Greenday (Blood Sex and Booze)

I also like reggae (sp)......

And trance is strangly addictive to listen too...
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

TheYak

Quote from: Timosity on Wed 01/01/2003 14:26:35Thats just some I can Think of in no particular order, the ones with (AUS) are Australian bands you may or may not have heard of.

Well, since there are very few "seconds" to my selections, I gotta say Frenzal Rhomb and The Mad Caddies kick ass.  (don't care too much for Mad Caddies recent ska-only trend (sounds too much like 311)

cpage

Lets see....
Weezer
Ozma<---- awsome meaningfull lyrics
The Who
ZZ top
Tenacious D
Eric Clapton
Hot Water Burns Babies
More weezer
The beatles
Styx<---pre roboto
Greenday
Blink 182
MxPx< older stuff
Fastball
The Format <----awsome band
Oasis
Weird Al
The vandles
The Ataris
Less Than Jake
Bouncing Souls
Suicide Machines

Latest additions:
Pink Floyd  <--- I love "when the tigers broke free"
Our Lady Peace
Dick Cheese <-------- seriously funny jazz covers of popular songs

Timosity

Quote from: YakSpit on Fri 03/01/2003 01:25:55(don't care too much for Mad Caddies recent ska-only trend (sounds too much like 311)

I don't know if I've heard any recent stuff, but I saw them about 1.5 years ago in Sydney, I've got their album Quality Softcore and I've d/l some songs from Duck and Cover. They are great to see live, They for me are better live than Frenzal, Frenzal are great on disc but live they play too fast. I went backstage and met the guys from The mad caddies, It's good to see they are just average blokes not some up themselves try hard rockstars, I guess that goes with not being a huge band, they haven't lost their heads, Same with Frenzal, I met Jay from Frenzal about 10 years ago, now he's the only original member left, I'm not close friends or anything just really an Acquaintance.

If they sound like 311 now that's a bad move, but oh well, I'm sure they're still good to see live, Do they play very often around California, I think They're from Santa Barbara is that near you?

Las Naranjas

The caddies have one of the most awesome horn section ever.

But then the rest seems uninteresting.

But the horns are ace!

And Frenzal split up (they kicked off their bass player) and since Shihad became Pacifier for the American market, Frenzal became Shihad, and immedietly scored another American contract.

Reel Big Fish have a nice catchy song, they just release every few months again.
"I'm a moron" - LGM

Highwaygal_loggedoff

Bands I like:
Ska-
Mad caddies
Spunge
Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Rubix Cuba ;)
Reel Big Fish
Skankin' Pickle

Punk/Emo/Blargh-
Homegrown
Fenix TX
Useless ID
Good Charlotte
Zebrahead
The Ataris
Sublime
Bowling For Soup
Crease
Simple Plan
Mest
New Found Glory
Vandals
Turndown
Bigwig
Lefty
Longfellow
CKY

Blargh.

DGMacphee

QuoteYeah, by No Doubt I'm referring to the Tragic Kingdom era. And Manson's a dweeb. His gimmickyness exceeds his talent tenfold...

Have you seen Bowling For Columbine? I've never been a big fan of his music, but I find him a very intelligent and interesting person. In fact, he's quite normal compared to other people in the doco...

As for my music tastes, I've been listening to Sarah McLachlan lately... Other then that: REM, Paul Weller, New Order, Radiohead, Elbow, The Stone Roses, Simon and Garfunkel, Peter Gabirel, The Beatles, Doves, Muse, early U2, and some Annie Lennox...
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

NTL.

I also like Jim Croce! I can listen to him all day. Bad Bad Leroy Brown, Hes the baddest man in the whole darn town,
or, moving me down the highway, Rollin me down the highway, movin ahead so life won't pass me by!

His songs have a lot of meaning, along with GOOD soundtracks. Too bad he only had two albums.

Shattered Sponge

I'm with DeeGee - I never really thought much of Manson, but after seeing Bowling for Columbine I gained a lot of respect for him.

Proskrito

No one even mentioned Led Zeppelin!!! nor Jimi Hendrix.... WTF!! :)

Pesty

Quote from: Proskrito on Fri 03/01/2003 14:47:03No one even mentioned Led Zeppelin!!! nor Jimi Hendrix.... WTF!! :)

I really don't like Led Zeppelin because I consider Robert Plant to be an untalented, drunken harpy in disguise. It's difficult because I love Jimmy Page, but I shall never get over my intense dislike for that poofy haired idiot that sings for them.

Trapezoid

I mentioned Mr Bungle earlier... I want you all to buy their 1999 album "California" right now. It's awsome.

Fuzzpilz

A list, in no particular order and incomplete:

(insert the usual "classical" composers here, especially Bach)
Jan Garbarek
Nick Cave
The Braindead Monkeys
Taco the Wonder Dog
Anja Garbarek
The Hamster Alliance
My own stuff
Muse (go on, laugh)
Aphex Twin
The Gland Puppies
Fidel and the Castronauts
Sigur Rós
Squarepusher
Venetian Snares
Yma Sumac
Rorn
Leningrad Cowboys
Logan Whitehurst and the Junior Science Club
Scumbucket
Renaldo and the Loaf
Rorn
The Residents
Portishead
Pink Floyd
Photek
Amon Tobin
Peter Licht
Nightwish
Mouse on Mars
Moloko (of what I've heard so far, I only like the first album)
Klaus Beyer
Melt Banana
The Kinks
James Brown
The Who
Introspective Journeys
Helge Schneider
cellular
Lunatic Calm
Apocalyptica
Fidel and the Castronauts.

Also, Fidel and the Castronauts and Fidel and the Castronauts.

Las Naranjas

Hey Gal-When they're done mastering the new single, i was told to give it to you to spread round Israel.

Stick around!
"I'm a moron" - LGM

Sluggo

Believe it or not, I used to listen to Mr. Bungle all the time. It still holds a special place in my heart. :P But anyway yeah, I recommend their first CD (I think it was just called 'Mr. Bungle'). Everything's great on that. I can't say I liked much from the third CD though (California). The only song I really liked was Sweet Charity. And, uh Disco Volante sucked ( I never even bothered to buy the CD).

TheYak

Quote from: Timosity on Fri 03/01/2003 03:50:05
Quote from: YakSpit on Fri 03/01/2003 01:25:55(don't care too much for Mad Caddies recent ska-only trend (sounds too much like 311)

If they sound like 311 now that's a bad move, but oh well, I'm sure they're still good to see live, Do they play very often around California, I think They're from Santa Barbara is that near you?

Heh, I was actually referring to Quality Softcore. =]  Maybe I'm mistaken and they're moving away from it.  I bought two of their albums..  Rock the Plank and Q.S.  I didn't like the Ska of Q.S. but think Rock the Plank is a total frickin' work of art.  I haven't seen 'em but wouldn't mind.. Santa Barbara's about 5 hours away from me but I'm near some decent show cities... San Francisco being one.  I've currently added (though tentatively until I hear more of it) Tsunami Bomb to my list.. one of the few female punk vocalists I like and they're from my area (two of 'em work at the local music store).

Trapezoid

Tsunami Bomb... that's Logan Whitehurst's sister's band. Logan is r0x0r.

TheYak

Quote from: Trapezoid on Sat 04/01/2003 08:52:25Tsunami Bomb... that's Logan Whitehurst's sister's band. Logan is r0x0r.

Heh.. I was just listening to a Sam and Max Disco mp3 I have around...  and just noticed the author. >=]

Las Naranjas

I have your MI2 techno medly, I remember downloading it from a 1337speak infested site.

shame Trap, shame.
"I'm a moron" - LGM

Timosity

Quote from: Trapezoid on Fri 03/01/2003 18:52:20I mentioned Mr Bungle earlier... I want you all to buy their 1999 album "California" right now. It's awsome.

Yeah Trap, I love Mr Bungle, I haven't heard California, I haven't listened to Bungle since about 1996 although I did see them in about 1999 so I guess I've probably heard some of the stuff. It was a really cool gig too, it was in Las Naranjas home town just in a small pub, Mike Patton was just walking around the place too, I never realised how small the guy is.
It's pretty cool seeing some rich as fuk guy, just playing small gigs in local towns. makes you realise he's not just in it for the money and actually loves what he does.

I  also saw Fantomas last year or the year before, geez now it might even be the year before that, that gig was awsome, they are pretty similar to Bungle though.

Ah I forgot I like Primus too, I've seen them about 5 or 6 times, Awsome live.

Ministry, Awesome live

The Stray Cats, you gotta love that Rockabilly stuff, Brian Setzer is a legend guitar player, and singer. I can't believe a few years ago I saw the Brian Setzer Orchestra playing in that night club in Beverley hills 90210, that spun me out, and yes I watched that show, I graduated in 1993, the same year as them even though they were probably 10-20 years older than me at the time.

The Living End (AUS) They basically started as a Stray Cats Cover band, but I They write some pretty cool original stuff, They kick ass live, or did a few years ago.

Everyone go and see bands Live, heaps better than staying at home listening to them, but these days they cost a fking fortune

Las Naranjas

Live music is still cheap as hell in Newcastle.

my brother saw NoFX for $10 and Fanny's, if you remember that place.
"I'm a moron" - LGM

Timosity

yeah Fanny's Is where I saw Bungle but I did also see them a few years before at the Cambridge.

Yeah Local bands are usually about 10 bucks, which is good, but even some in Sydney these days are 20 or 30.

International bands are damn expensive though, well large ones, Chili Peppers was aound 100, but that's the top of the scale, band like Reel Big Fish or the like cost about 30 or 40

but The Mad Caddies were about 10 - 15

For anyone reading this, This is in Australian dollars so it's probably cheaper than it sounds to Americans and Europeans

How much Do similar bands cost overseas?

Trapezoid

QuoteHeh.. I was just listening to a Sam and Max Disco mp3 I have around...  and just noticed the author. >=]
Yep. Me.
QuoteI have your MI2 techno medly, I remember downloading it from a 1337speak infested site.
shame Trap, shame.
Eh? I was unaware that there was a 1337 site carrying my music.
(oh well, that song's old now. Monkey Brain Soup for the Soul is far superior.)
QuoteYeah Trap, I love Mr Bungle, I haven't heard California.
Well, you should go get it. It's more mature than their previous albums, and more carefully orchestrated (which is saying something, because their older work was already extremely well crafted.)

Las Naranjas

The site was copyright Niel Cigliera.

And it was from a link you posted at Mixnmojo :/
"I'm a moron" - LGM

Trapezoid

Ohh... I think I know what you mean. Trapezoid's Music from Hell. Man, that was a while ago. The side menu had random capitalizations, like "mAIn pAgE". That could be mistaken for 1337.

Las Naranjas

Yeah, I was exaggerating the 1337 aspect.
"I'm a moron" - LGM

Helm

What the hell. Here we go, once again:

I will now try doing a complete and current list of the bands I like. It may seem like a metal encyclopaedia, but believe me, for every band I like, there are 10 that I don't, so here we go:

Doom Metal
Candlemass, My Dying Bride, Orphaned Land, Trouble, Pic, Pentagram, Solitude Aeturnus, Electric Wizard, Black Sabbath, Paradise Lost (in Lost paradise), Anathema (first album), Veni Domine, Cathedral (Forest Of Equilibrium only), Esoteric, Godsend, Kyuss, Morgion, The Gathering(up to nightime birds).

Death Metal
Deicide, Cannibal Corpse, Immolation, Incantation, Dying Fetus, Malevolent Creation, Asphyx, Grave, At The Gates, Dismember, Vomitory, Entombed(Left Hand Path only), Arch Enemy, Testament (in Demonic era), Demilich, Death, Demigod, Yattering, Morbid Angel, Hate Eternal, Cryptopsy, Morgoth, Theory In Practice, Cynic, Death, Atheist, Suffocation, Anacrusis, Tiamat, Opeth, Krisun, Origin.  

Black Metal
...In The Woods, Arcturus, Ulver.

Thrash Metal
Metallica, Anthrax, Valley's Eve, Corrosion Of Conformity (Animosty era), The Haunted, Sacred Reich, Destruction, Kreator, Whiplash, Exodus, Hellhammer, Celtic Frost, Tankard, Artillery, Testament, Megadeth, Slayer, Sepultura, Sodom, Dark Angel, Burn My Eyes era Machine Head, Grip Inc, Exodus, Floatsam and Jetsam.

Epic Metal
Manilla Road, Omen, Gargoyle, Candlemass (yes, again), first record Heir Apparent, Virgin Steele, maybe Blind Guardian too.

Heavy Metal
Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Blitzkrieg, Diamond Head, Mercyful Fate, King Diamond, Diamond Head, Angelwitch, Vardis, Fist.

Power Metal
Nevermore (Politics Of Ecstasy era), Helstar, Sanctuary, Helloween (up and including Keeper 2, especially Walls of Jericho and the Judas EP), Rage, Crimson Glory, Chroming Rose, Exxplorer (first record only), Mind Odyssey, Tokyo Blade, Jag Panzer, Gamma ray.

Progressive Metal
Fates Warning, Queensryche, Savatage, Psychotic Waltz, Watchtower, Pain Of Salvation, Shadow Gallery, Aghora, Maohni Moahna, Sieges Even, Dysrhythmia, Last Crack, latter day Heir Apparent, Maggelan, Spastic Ink, Vauxdvhil, Threshhold, Confessor, Lethal, Depressive Age, Quite Room, Mekong Delta, Jester's March, Believer, Abraxxas (I've only heard their e.p Shattered by a Terrible Prediction, but that very impressive prog-power), Cynic, Atheist, Coroner, Sadus, Seer's Tear (much like Psychotic Waltz), Crimson Glory, Spiral Architect (Fates Warning vocals meet Watchtower zanyness), Lord bane, Anacrusis, Black Jester, Cacophony(impress-your-friends-solos by Jeff Beck and Marty Friedman based on classical music), Conception, Thought Industry, Kalaban, Mordred, Savior Machine, Tiles, Varga, Damn The Machine.

Progressive Rock
Altura, Anekdoten, Asia, Bedful of Metaphysicians, Cairo, Can, Captain Beefheart and his Magic Band, Caravan, Camel, Clockhammer, David Cross and assorted bands, Cynic, deathORGAN, Al Di Meola and assorted bands, Einstürzende Neubauten, Eloy, ELP, Enchant, Exodus (polish, not american thrash band), Experimental, Fates Warning Fish (first solo record only), Garden Wall, Gentle Giant, Gordian Knot, Allan Holdsworth, IQ, Ithaka, King Crimson - get everything, Kraftwerk, Leviathan (USA), Lucifer Was, Maggelan, Magma, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Marillion, Nektar, Mike Oldfield, Ozric Tentacles, Porcupine Tree, Psychotic Waltz, Quill, Rush, Shadow Gallery, Sieges Even, Soft Machine, St. Elmo's Fire, Supertramp, Tangerine Dream, Thinking Plague, Univers Zero, Van der Graaf Generator, Voivod, Watchtower, Yes, Frank Zappa.
Gothic, generally
Fields Of The Nephilim, Garden Of Delight, Cassandra's Complex, Sisters Of Mercy, Joy Division, Bauhaus.

Ambient, Minimal or otherwise
Eno, Rene Aubry, Godspeed You Black Emperor, Set Fire To Flames.

Punk, Hardcore, etc
Snot, Dead Kennedys, The Offspring,  Subhumans, Dirty Rotten Imbecilles, Grief, Eye Hate God, Iron Monkey, Converge, Discharge, Boy Hits Car, At The Drive-In, Raging Speedhorn, Crumbsuckers, Black Flag, Circle Jerks, Killing Joke, Blind Idiot God, Britney Spears, Rage Against The Machine, Conflict, Crass, Pennywise.

Industrial
Swans, Throbbing Gristle, NON, God.  

Classical
Bach, Paganini, Rachmaninoff, Mozart, Vivaldi.

Bastard Category
Carnival In Coal, Faith No More, Tori Amos, Apocalyptica, A Perfect Circle Mr. Bungle, Fantomas, Tomahawk, Tool, Neurosis, Atrox, Alice In Chains, Radiohead, Haggard.

Grind
Vomitorial Corpulence, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Extreme Noise Terror, Napalm Death, Crephallic Carnage, 7 minutes of Nausea, Nasum, Discordance Axis, Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Pig Destroyer.  

Noise
Merzbow, DeadGuy, Anal Cunt, Today Is The Day.

Classical:
Rachmanninov, Mussorgsky, Bach, List, Chopin

[/b]Fusion, Jazz:[/b]

Al Di Meola, John Mclaughlin, Paco de lucia, Death and taxes, Victor Wooten

I'll just save this again for the next time a thread of this type resurfaces.
WINTERKILL

Trapezoid

Wow, that's a lot.
I've never heard of most of them, don't you have any particular favorites?

Helm

Those are my favourites. But favourite favourites would include King Crimson, ...In The Woods, Watchtower, Psychotic Waltz, Mussorgsky and Omen.
WINTERKILL

Visti

*wonders if he should make a bigger list, like that show-off Helm*

Ah, what the deuce.

{ Jazz/Fusion }

Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock, Victor Wooten, Jaco Pastorius, John Coltrane, Thelonius Monk, Miles Davis, Duke Ellington, Dave Brubeck, Louis Armstrong, Stan Getz, Nat King Cole, Billie Holiday, Count Basie, NHØP, Spyro Gyra, Glenn Miller, WEATHER REPORT!!1!.

{ Nu-Metal - I hate that word. }

Early Hoobastank, Incubus, Faith no more (*snickers*
 Sorry, sorry, just kidding.), Mudvayne, Sum41, System of a down, Boy Hits Car, Snot, Sevendust, .

{ Death Metal }

Opeth, King Diamond, Death, Cynic(!!!!), At the gates, Nile, In Flames, Edge Of Sanity, Morbid Angel, Hatesphere, Arch Enemy, Soilwork, Dark Tranquility, Children of Bodom, The Crown, Mercenary, Amorphis and ugh... Hate Eternal.

{ Stoner Rock }

A Perfect, Circle, Kyuss, Bottom (yay for girl-bands), Electric Wizard, Dozer, Circle, Deftones, Ronja (may as well do some advertising), Pariah Flame, Tsunami X ... Uhmm... yeah...

{ Thrash Metal }

Slayer, Meshuggah, Sepultura, Soulfly, The Gathering, Machine Head (ONLY the Burn My Eyes album, davidian, yum), The Haunted, Geronimo, Rage.

{ Prog. Rock }

30 Seconds To Mars, Dredg, Tool, King Crimson, Frank Zappa, Captain Beefheart AKA Don Van Vliet (Frownland!), Confessor, Potators, Spastic Ink, Radiohead, Chevelle, Rage against the machine (They were at that time!), Ulver.

{ Triphop/Ambient }

Isis, Portishead, Lovage,

Well, it's getting late, so I'm just gonna throw my favorites in this category:

Bands that are slightly funky and therefore can not come into any of the other categories and that's why they're dropped right here

At The Drive-In, Raging Speedhorn, Faith No More, Mr. Bungle... Ah, screw it. Throw in anything Patton. Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Motorpsycho (Yay!), Carpark North, Muse, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Marilyn Manson, Dave Matthews Band, Royksopp.

And add the bands in my other posts and you have my everchanging hit-list.

Pesty

Quote from: Helm on Sun 05/01/2003 01:28:35What the hell. Here we go, once again:

I will now try doing a complete and current list of the bands I like. It may seem like a metal encyclopaedia, but believe me, for every band I like, there are 10 that I don't, so here we go:

Doom Metal
Candlemass, My Dying Bride, Orphaned Land, Trouble, Pic, Pentagram, Solitude Aeturnus, Electric Wizard, Black Sabbath, Paradise Lost (in Lost paradise), Anathema (first album), Veni Domine, Cathedral (Forest Of Equilibrium only), Esoteric, Godsend, Kyuss, Morgion, The Gathering(up to nightime birds).

Death Metal
Deicide, Cannibal Corpse, Immolation, Incantation, Dying Fetus, Malevolent Creation, Asphyx, Grave, At The Gates, Dismember, Vomitory, Entombed(Left Hand Path only), Arch Enemy, Testament (in Demonic era), Demilich, Death, Demigod, Yattering, Morbid Angel, Hate Eternal, Cryptopsy, Morgoth, Theory In Practice, Cynic, Death, Atheist, Suffocation, Anacrusis, Tiamat, Opeth, Krisun, Origin.  

Black Metal
...In The Woods, Arcturus, Ulver.

Thrash Metal
Metallica, Anthrax, Valley's Eve, Corrosion Of Conformity (Animosty era), The Haunted, Sacred Reich, Destruction, Kreator, Whiplash, Exodus, Hellhammer, Celtic Frost, Tankard, Artillery, Testament, Megadeth, Slayer, Sepultura, Sodom, Dark Angel, Burn My Eyes era Machine Head, Grip Inc, Exodus, Floatsam and Jetsam.

Epic Metal
Manilla Road, Omen, Gargoyle, Candlemass (yes, again), first record Heir Apparent, Virgin Steele, maybe Blind Guardian too.

Heavy Metal
Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Blitzkrieg, Diamond Head, Mercyful Fate, King Diamond, Diamond Head, Angelwitch, Vardis, Fist.

Power Metal
Nevermore (Politics Of Ecstasy era), Helstar, Sanctuary, Helloween (up and including Keeper 2, especially Walls of Jericho and the Judas EP), Rage, Crimson Glory, Chroming Rose, Exxplorer (first record only), Mind Odyssey, Tokyo Blade, Jag Panzer, Gamma ray.

Progressive Metal
Fates Warning, Queensryche, Savatage, Psychotic Waltz, Watchtower, Pain Of Salvation, Shadow Gallery, Aghora, Maohni Moahna, Sieges Even, Dysrhythmia, Last Crack, latter day Heir Apparent, Maggelan, Spastic Ink, Vauxdvhil, Threshhold, Confessor, Lethal, Depressive Age, Quite Room, Mekong Delta, Jester's March, Believer, Abraxxas (I've only heard their e.p Shattered by a Terrible Prediction, but that very impressive prog-power), Cynic, Atheist, Coroner, Sadus, Seer's Tear (much like Psychotic Waltz), Crimson Glory, Spiral Architect (Fates Warning vocals meet Watchtower zanyness), Lord bane, Anacrusis, Black Jester, Cacophony(impress-your-friends-solos by Jeff Beck and Marty Friedman based on classical music), Conception, Thought Industry, Kalaban, Mordred, Savior Machine, Tiles, Varga, Damn The Machine.

Progressive Rock
Altura, Anekdoten, Asia, Bedful of Metaphysicians, Cairo, Can, Captain Beefheart and his Magic Band, Caravan, Camel, Clockhammer, David Cross and assorted bands, Cynic, deathORGAN, Al Di Meola and assorted bands, Einstürzende Neubauten, Eloy, ELP, Enchant, Exodus (polish, not american thrash band), Experimental, Fates Warning Fish (first solo record only), Garden Wall, Gentle Giant, Gordian Knot, Allan Holdsworth, IQ, Ithaka, King Crimson - get everything, Kraftwerk, Leviathan (USA), Lucifer Was, Maggelan, Magma, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Marillion, Nektar, Mike Oldfield, Ozric Tentacles, Porcupine Tree, Psychotic Waltz, Quill, Rush, Shadow Gallery, Sieges Even, Soft Machine, St. Elmo's Fire, Supertramp, Tangerine Dream, Thinking Plague, Univers Zero, Van der Graaf Generator, Voivod, Watchtower, Yes, Frank Zappa.
Gothic, generally
Fields Of The Nephilim, Garden Of Delight, Cassandra's Complex, Sisters Of Mercy, Joy Division, Bauhaus.

Ambient, Minimal or otherwise
Eno, Rene Aubry, Godspeed You Black Emperor, Set Fire To Flames.

Punk, Hardcore, etc
Snot, Dead Kennedys, The Offspring,  Subhumans, Dirty Rotten Imbecilles, Grief, Eye Hate God, Iron Monkey, Converge, Discharge, Boy Hits Car, At The Drive-In, Raging Speedhorn, Crumbsuckers, Black Flag, Circle Jerks, Killing Joke, Blind Idiot God, Britney Spears, Rage Against The Machine, Conflict, Crass, Pennywise.

Industrial
Swans, Throbbing Gristle, NON, God.  

Classical
Bach, Paganini, Rachmaninoff, Mozart, Vivaldi.

Bastard Category
Carnival In Coal, Faith No More, Tori Amos, Apocalyptica, A Perfect Circle Mr. Bungle, Fantomas, Tomahawk, Tool, Neurosis, Atrox, Alice In Chains, Radiohead, Haggard.

Grind
Vomitorial Corpulence, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Extreme Noise Terror, Napalm Death, Crephallic Carnage, 7 minutes of Nausea, Nasum, Discordance Axis, Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Pig Destroyer.  

Noise
Merzbow, DeadGuy, Anal Cunt, Today Is The Day.

Classical:
Rachmanninov, Mussorgsky, Bach, List, Chopin

[/b]Fusion, Jazz:[/b]

Al Di Meola, John Mclaughlin, Paco de lucia, Death and taxes, Victor Wooten

I'll just save this again for the next time a thread of this type resurfaces.

What, no GWAR? I like my share of metal, but to me, nothing tops GWAR.

Las Naranjas

Didja need to quote? :)

My brother is the lead singer in Sum 41.

Well, not really, but they are identical, it's spooky. Especially since my brother dyed his hair black, then went to see them (At fanny's, for $10 yet again, with Unwritten Law as well), and the singer had done the same.

"I'm a moron" - LGM

Trapezoid

Really, that's odd. I used to be black, then I turned white, and then Michael Jackson TOTALLY ripped me off.

Pesty

Quote from: Las Naranjas on Sun 05/01/2003 04:43:39Didja need to quote? :)

Yes, because I'm so very, very evil. I was actually going to replace the entire quote with "a bazillion bands that aren't GWAR", but I forgot. I'm not going to bother editing it because, as previously stated, I'm evil.

Trap - Is your nose falling apart, causing you to go insane? Or is that something Michael Jackson stole from somebody else?

BruisedWeasel

Well, I guess it's finally time to come clean. I like Brian Adams. I listen to nothin but Brian Adams. I keep a doll with his photo over the face next to me when I sleep. My wet dreams are filled with frolicks along beaches leading up to Brain Adams singing for me. I suppose I should be ashamed. But I am not.

Trapezoid

Jacko lifted (no pun intended) the nose thing from the frigging Sphinx. If an ancient dirt clod statue isn't safe from Jacko's gimme-grabby offripping, who is?

Evil

for those of you who missed it... HELM LISTENS TO BRITNEY SPEARS!!! HAHAHAHA!!! i thought this day would never come... this is evil's longest thread btw...

Helm

I don't exactly listen to britney spears if you know what I mean *nudge nudge* *wink wink* *ejaculate ejaculate*
WINTERKILL

NTL.

Visti

I also listen to Cannibal Corpse. And N*sync.

Las Naranjas

I've got a suckering for angsty music, which is funny because I ridicule angst whereever I find it, but then listen to the Violent Femmes, or El Scorcho or something of the like.

Then watch angsty tenn films for mock value.
"I'm a moron" - LGM

Proskrito

Quote from: Pestilence on Fri 03/01/2003 16:43:56I really don't like Led Zeppelin because I consider Robert Plant to be an untalented, drunken harpy in disguise. It's difficult because I love Jimmy Page, but I shall never get over my intense dislike for that poofy haired idiot that sings for them.

I dont care about that sort of things, i just like their music!

Las Naranjas

Oi, dickheads!

Everyone head over to http://www.rubixcuba.com and download teh latest single.

Feedback has been requested, so if you hate it, with reason, express it and I will hand it on to the artists.

Apparently an autotuned version is going up today sometime.

Go Go Go!
"I'm a moron" - LGM

Al_Ninio

New Rubix Cuba single???
*Downloads*

Timosity

Rubix Cuba - Personally I don't go for the singing style, to "girly pop" for me. but what ever tickles your twat.

It could be a little tighter, I don't know how experienced the musicians are.
Just sharper on all the transitions, That seems to happen with experience playing together.

Needs more syncapation, the intruments seem to play together too much and pause in the same spots, maybe a few more drum phylls somewhere

I like the guitar sound, the flute part is good too,

The horn section is a little boring, horn sections can usually be a real feature but not in this case.

I think they just need more experience and experiment a bit more.

highwaygal: you can download it on the link that Las gave, in the Latest News text where it says '"Wait Up" here'

If that is the single Las was stalking about

Las Naranjas

I might as well put on the record this is my least favourite Rubix Cuba song, in fact I trailed off when my brother first played it for me, and I also agree with everything else you say Timosity, and will pass it on.

The girly voice is my Brother, hence me nick naming him fudgie. His talking voice is deeper though. Thanks, and evryone else, criticism is accepted joyously.

--edit--
My brother just read your post Timosity. He just wants me to say that he agrees with most of what you say, and provides some excuses like "It's a demo that we just decided to release small scale" and "People who like my voice are girls, it's marketing to the female audience". It's this disturbing androngenous trend, how else to you explain Leo di Caprio.
He also says everyone in the band is dissapointed with the tightness. "We're tight live though!!!!" he says.
"I'm a moron" - LGM

2ma2

It seems I have done this quite alot, but strangely enough, unlike Helm's, the list keeps changing every time I post.. tho' Helm's list is so god dam long noone would ever notice if something were replaced ;)

Radiohead, REM, Talking Heads, Moloko, King Crimson, early Kent, Tool, Mr Bungle, Creeping Jesus, Genesis, Carl Orff, Pink Floyd, the Cure, early ELO, Pearl Jam, Masses from around 1200 to 1800, Tjechov, Björk, the Piano Soundtrack, some Mozart (mostly Requiem), Górecki, Soundtrack of our lives, Dire Straits (the 'Brothers in arms'-album) all the other music I listen to but forgot to include in the list.

Right now, I'm addicted to Sigur Rós! Agaetis byrjun is set to repeat over and over and over...

Timosity

Las, Yeah more girls will probably dig his voice, therefore attract more chicks to the venue, therefore more guys will come to see the band to try and pick up the chicks, so as a marketing ploy it probably works.

I'd be interested to hear more of their stuff before I judge too harshly, it's definately got some potential.

Also see if you recognise my new avatar, it's the Zumex Movil.

Edit:

The Arkoff Experiment

This is one of the more original bands you will hear, They are hard to describe so I pinched some text from their website. This is how they've been descibed.

"The Arkoff Experiment are a 9 piece Sydney group, Presenting for you a cocktail of Lounge-Garage-Surf-Exotica-Rockabilly-Swing and Electro Dub."

"A voyeuristic multimedia experience delving thru 40's Hep-Joints to the underground scene of 2001. The band combines an ensemble of video projections, a wide range of instruments and a vivid stage performance verging on the darker noir side of life."

"The Arkoff Experiment are a rare treat in a sea of lifeless musical cliches"

"a strange blend of swamp, soul, psychobilly and exotica.
Described as The Cramps meets James Brown meets Ed Wood."

go here They have some samples, pictures and videos
Very interesting too
http://www.arkoff.net/

Las Naranjas

You stole my movil!

You bastard!

It's the finest of my Zumex range.
"I'm a moron" - LGM

GameFreek(aka Ari)

::)In terms of Rock and Punk:
Rancid
Rooney
The Clash
The Ramones
AFI
Stain'd
Nirvana
Deadkennedys
SOAD
CHEVELLE
COLD
The Used
P.O.D.
ADEMA
Finch
;DIn terms of Hardcore and Metal:
Disturbed
KORN
SlipKnot
Marilyn Manson
ICP
Ozzy
Im gonna kill!! YAY!!! you deaddd....

remixor

In no particular order:

Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, The Doors, The Flaming Lips, The Beatles, Electric Light Orchestra, Queen, The Black Heart Procession, Beethoven, Radiohead, Simon and Garfunkel, Mogwai, Aimee Mann, The Velvet Underground, Bad Company, Les Paul

Those are selected because I have bought albums by those artists in the last few months.  There are obviously many more bands I would have to include that I "listen to".  I probably have posted in this thread before, but I can't be arsed to find out.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Femme Stab Mode >:D

Hmm. One thing, I hate almost all pop. There are a few exceptions.
tatu - it may be national pride but I like their music.
foo fighters
linkin park
smashing pumpkins
radiohead
and sometimes even codlplay, but they are pop.
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Matt Brown

I think I may have posted in this before...but I dont remember

Who I listen to
Herbie Hancock
Cab Calaway
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Cherry Popin' Daddies
Royal Crown Revue
Buddy Rich
Squril Nut Zippers
Bruce Springsteen
Teh Beatles
Bob Dylan
The Blues Brothers
Harry Conick jr.
Brain Setzer
Weather Report
The Doobie Brothers
Santana
Glenn Miller
Dave Matthews band (every now and again)

I every so often listen to Real Big Phish, Weird Al, and Blood Sweat and Tears, but not really on much of a regular basis

I think that covers just about everybody
word up

Sylpher

How did I miss this perfect oppertunity to blab about my favorite bands?

Small - General Listening
Large - When I'm feeling rambunctious

Small:

Bad Brains!
Bad Religon
Beatles
Beastie Boys
Bob Marley
Bloodhound Gang

Clash
Crosby, Steel and Nash
Creedence Clearwater Revival

Dave Brubeck Quartet
David Bowie
Dead Kennedys
Doors
dredg

Eagles

Finger Eleven
Flaming Lips
Foo Fighters
Frank Zappa

Grandaddy
Green Day

Incubus
Iggy Pop

Jane's Addiction
Jarflys
Jimmies Chicken Shack
Jimmy Hendrix
Joe Strummer and The Mescaleros
Joe Satriani
John Frusciante

Kiss

Led Zepplen
Live

Massive Attack
Melvins
Miles Davis
Mouse on Mars

Nirvana
NOFX

Offspring
Orange 9mm

Pennywise
Pink Floyd

Rancid
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Rolling Stones

Santana
Sex Pistols
Sublime
Sunny Day Real Estate

Weezer
Who, The

Large:
(hed) PE

A Perfect Circle
Apex Theory
Amen
At the Drive-In

Black Sabbath

Coal Chamber

Deftones
Death (Thanks, helm)
Dillinger Escape Plan

Faith No More
Fear Factory (Older)
Filter (...Short bus)

GlassJaw

International Noise Conspiracy, The

KMFDM
Korn (Life is Peachy and back)

Mars Volta
Mr. Bungle

NIN

Queens of the Stone Age

Ratm
Refused
Refused
Refused (Refused ownz j00!)

Sepultura
Sevendust
Sick of It All
Slayer
Slipknot
Soulfly
Spineshank
Snapcase
Snot
Staind
Stone Temple Pilots
System of a Down

theStart
Tool

That is all I can think of..I am sure I forgot some so I will just edit in whever I think of em.

Fizz

Woah... Again? but allrite...

gloomy death disco/electro stuff:
Joy Division and New Order (my favs right now)
Kraftwerk
Deutsch Amerikanische Freündschaft
Chicks On Speed
Felix da Housecat
Peaches
elektroclash cd´s are ace. gettim or die.

fucktronica:
Autechre
Venetian Snares
Squarepusher and AFX
various mp3.com artists

hardcore punk n shite:
hardcore and left wing punk from europe and the us. none you would know anyway, so i wont bother. other than that
Dead kennedys
Ramones
SkidS

fast and hard stuff is allways good.

MachineElf

I guess I'll just have to post here too... Might have done some time in the past, but here I go again.
I mostly go for slightly psychedelic stuff, I guess... And this is nowhere complete of course.

Old rock/prog:
Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Black Sabbath, Aerosmith, Mike Oldfield, Zappa, The Doors, Bowie

Synth/ebm/new wave:
Kraftwerk, Depeche, The Cure, Front Line Assembly, Pet Shop Boys

Modern electronic stuff:
Shpongle, Infected Mushroom, Prodigy, Hallucinogen, 1200 Micrograms, Kruder & Dorfmeister, The Infinity Project

Assorted rock/pop/punk:
Bad Religion, Soundgarden, Alanis, Tori Amos, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Garbage, Beck, Faith No More, RATM, Refused, Björk

Soul/Funk/Jazz:
Miles Davis, Chick Corea, Marvin Gaye, The Metres

Well, that's all the namedropping you'll get from me. ;)
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

The Subliminal Messenger

The chilis, the foos, Nirvana, Grennday, blink 182, that sort of thing...
No one told me there were laws AGAINST Public Nudity!

Nacho

Like my firend Vagtass... I´m not sure if I´ve posted here before, anyways:

Beatles.
Queen,
U2,
Doors,
Elvis,
Jefferson´s Airplane,
Janis Joplin,
The Monkeys (yaaah, the monkeys...)
No Doubt,
Nirvana,
Offpring,
Blur,
Oasis...

And Mark Lovegroove´s special games soundtrack edition.
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

PeaceMan

Bob Dylan

Dire Straits

ZZ Top

Motorhead

The Gone Jackals

Nickleback

and other random artists on my compilation cd's.

Rincewind

Don't believe I've posted in this one before. Well, if I'm gonna post all of my music favourites, it would be long as hell, but here are some of them:

AC/DC
Alice Cooper
Anthrax
The Beatles
Beach Boys
Black Sabbath (Brilliant. My favourite band.)
Blind Guardian
Candlemass
The Clash
Clutch
The Damned
Dead Kennedys
Deep Purple
Dysdain
Electric Wizard (Ver' Slow and ver' heavy...)
Entombed
The Grand Opening
Hawkwind
The Hellacopters
Iron Maiden
In Flames
Kiss
Kyuss
Led Zeppelin
Megadeth
Metallica
Nazareth
Ozzy
Queens of The Stone Age
Queensrÿche("Operation: Mindcrime" = Genious.)
Ramones
Slayer
Volcanic

Hm, I suppose that was rather long too... Oh, well...  
As you can see, I'm mostly in to most kinds of metal, punk, and pop/rock from the 50's/60's.
The only thing I've never been able to appreciate is Techno and silly mainstream-pop. I don't listen that much to synth or hip-hop either, but I have respect for the musicians that perform it.  

Nine Toes

PANTERA, Down, Cold, Godsmack, Taproot, Crazy Town, Slipknot, Stone Sour, Mushroomhead, Cannibal Corpse, Kittie, Six Feet Under, Spineshank, Mudvayne,  Rammstein, Otep, Static-X, The Union Underground, Systematic, Brujeria, The Murderdolls, Nothingface, Meshuggah, Anthrax, Soulfly, old Sepultura, etc.

Just picked up Seether, not bad.
Watch, I just killed this topic...

Felipe

My favourites:
D12
Eminem
Guns 'n' Roses
Linkin Park
Queen
Shaggy
Shakira
The Offspring

I also like:
Alanis Morissette
Avril Lavigne
Blink182
Five :-[
Gorilaz
Nirvana
Oasis
Red Hot Chilli Peppers

And Brazillian groups, such as:
Capital Inicial
Charlie Brown Junior
Comunidade Nin-Jitsu
CPM22
Legião Urbana
Los Hermanos
Nenhum de Nós
Paralamas do Sucesso
Raimundos
Rodox
Titãs

And many others I might have forgotten... but I'll add some as I remember:-\
Don't blame me - I didn't know it!   (I have the feeling this will come handy...)

-

Femme Stab Mode >:D

Hmm, I posted here already, but I forgot to mention placebo and incubus.
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

MachineElf

Didn't you say you didn't like pop? ;)
Not that I really mind much about genres much though... I just think it's funny when people say "I hate that kind of music!" (or something to that effect) until they actually listen to it. I was like that once. Still is to a degree, I guess.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Visti

Ick! I forgot Opeth, Katatonia, The Mars Volta, Finntroll and Nightwish.

DodgeR

You talk to ladies on the phone why??

Jurassic 5
DJ Yoda - how to cut and paste vol 1 & 2
Plump DJ's
Fatboy Slim
The Coral
Blur
Royksopp
Anything else chilled out or funky

sum-41

SUM 41, MUSE, OFFSPRING and a little bit of nirvana, greenday, blink182.

Favourite songs=

SUM 41:Fat Lip, In too Deep, Handle This, Motivation, Still Waiting, The Hell Song, and most of their others.

MUSE:PLUG-IN BABY, New Born, Bliss, Your Time Is Running Out

OFFSPRING:Pretty much most of their songs from 'Americana', especially THE KIDS AREN'T ALLRIGHT.

Thanks for your time.
LucasArts rocks!

Igor

At the moment:

Siddharta
Manu Chao
Bob Marley
Foo Fighters

Red_Armadillo

The only shit I listen to is RAP!!! LONG LIVE RAP!
PEPSI kicks Coca~Cola's Butt!

DragonRose

I've got to add to my list from way back when.  

Evanescence
No Doubt
Garbage
Bif Naked (going to see her in concert next week!EEEEE!!!)

They've got some pretty catchy songs, and they're also in the perfect range for me to sing along to.
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

Las Naranjas

The likes of Saves the Day and the New Amsterdams being cancelled out by Simple Plan ;)

* Las Naranjas denies fact that he has albums by all 3 artists are sitting on top of the cd player
"I'm a moron" - LGM

TheDude

Pearl Jam
Alice in Chains
Mother Love Bone
Mudhoney
Soundgarden
Temple of the Dog
Blind Melon
Janis Joplin
Nirvana

plasticman

Quote from: Las Naranjas on Tue 26/08/2003 22:13:22
The likes of Saves the Day and the New Amsterdams being cancelled out by Simple Plan ;)

* Las Naranjas denies fact that he has albums by all 3 artists are sitting on top of the cd player

omg ur a posuer !!! simple plan = fags !!!

gal, save some exceptions, your playlist could've been mine if i was born 2 years later...

Al_Ninio

Heh, I have to agree about Simple Plan.
They should change their name to "The Children of Mest".

Las Naranjas

I guess I find a bizaare attraction in them, the same way I like watching crappy teen films and the likes.

And I turd myself with laughter whenever I hear "I'm just a kid"
"I'm a moron" - LGM

remixor

Quote from: Las Naranjas on Tue 26/08/2003 22:43:28
And I turd myself with laughter whenever I hear "I'm just a kid"

Fucking hell, that song makes me want to rip off my ears and stuff them down the lead singer's throat.  I don't listen to the radio or watch TV, so I would never even have heard it if my friend hadn't played a joke on me and said "Hey, download this song!  It's terrific!"  I've still not forgiven him.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

phact0rri

Musik, like some of the others have said is a big part of my life.  Being how I've spent over half of it dealing with musik.  umm yeh...

Wolfsheim, B! Machine, Mesh, Soviet, Cosmopop, Funker Vogt, soft cell, Native Cry, Alphaville, En Ech, Pig, Akaline Trio, Hot water Music,  Murmurs, Discount, The Anniversary, Strike anywhere, Ann Beretta, bauhaus (and Petey's solo stuff), The Cure, Fictional, a-fact, Tragic Comedy, Charles Mingus, Freezepop, Assemblege23, Exec, Faith Assembly, Color Theory, Gridlock, Moscow Machine Gun, Slick Idiot, Alphaville, Schattentraum, Inquistion, Atreyu, Roots, Loop Guru, Dj Shadow, Decode Feedback, Fifteen, Social Distortion, Nosferatu, Big Electric Cat, Attrition, Spaun Ranch, Grade, J Church, the Pillows, Neo-Genesis, Stereophonics, Taking back Sunday, Juliana theory, Glassjaw, Duran Duran, John Zorn, the Ruins, John Cage, The Smiths (and Moz's solo stuff), Bizet, Lizt,  and ummm I think I'll stop before I'm ahead...

I listen to almost anything. but not trance and techno... you'd have to be a masocist to like that shit. but my favorite bands are the following:

Dimmu borgir++
black sabbath
rammstein+
sinergy
dream theatre
nirvana+
and cradle of filth
Albert Barillé and Hergé, we love you

Domino

Favorite Music of All Time:

Almost anything from the 1980's, i just love that stuff.

I really don't listen to alot of music, but here are some of my favorite artists and groups.

Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, Journey, Jimmy Buffett, Chicago and too many more to mention.

Evil

HAR HAR! Evil has finally thought of a topic that actually lasted! MUHAHAHA! And it was one of my worse ideas :)

Jimi

Anyone but Jimi Hendrix. I  can't stand that bloke.  ;)

auhsor

Jeff Buckley
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Rage Against The Machine
Dream Theater
Powderfinger
Audioslave
Silverchair

Moresco

I listen to:

Tourniquet, Megadeth, Metallica(duh), & Iron Maiden mostly.  If I need inspiration for something different whence writing music I listen to the latest Satriani disc(Strange Beautiful Music).
::: Mastodon :::

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk