what music do you listen to?

Started by Evil, Tue 31/12/2002 03:03:36

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonRose

Dragonrose's list of Excellent AGSing Music

Lorena McKennit (I don't think I spelled that right)
Barenaked Ladies
Bachman Turner Overdrive
The Guess Who
They Might Be Giants
Fastball
Moxy Fruvous
Blink 182
Sesame Street (I can never get enough of "C" is for Cookie)

And a bunch of songs that I listen to over and over but I don't really listen to any thing else by the band:
Bitter Sweet Symphony-The Verve
Pinball Wizard- The Who
The Freshman- The Vervepipe
The Theme Songs for Fraggle Rock and Inspector Gadget
Weapon of Choice- Fatboy Slim

So much tasty musical goodness.
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

Butcher

I only listen to fox trot and death christian cha cha.

by the way here's my advice for the prog-rockers out there:

CAPTAIN BEYOND
BIRTH CONTROL
LUCIFER'S FRIEND
the first 2 records of QUEEN
and the first record of THE SCORPIONS!!! this is not a joke! it really is a great record!
oh and HOT RATS by FRANK ZAPPA!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
---------------------

Visti

And if it's really late add this to my list:

Radiohead - OK Computer/The Bends,
Deftones - White Pony,
Opeth - Deliverance,
Carmina Burana,
System of a down - S/T and Steal This Album,
Fantomas,
MC Paul Barman,
Faith no more,
Dillinger Escape Plan,
NiN,
Jaco Pastorius,
Outkast,
Boy Hits Car,
Some Slayer,
A wee bit of Royksopp too.

Oh, yeah, and The Used. Yumyumyum. Yumyum. Yum.

Yum.

Barcik

I'm a rock guy, though what I am really into is metal (preferably trash metal) and not the sissy stuff which is on MTV. Nothing beats a song with good guitar-bashin music. So my favourties are : Metallica (!), Nirvana, Iron Maiden, Nevermore, Iced Earth, Rammstein (some of it), Nightwish and other various stuff.
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

Evil

zappa. i havent heard that name in a while. i really like the rock stuff but the mid 90's stuff os my favorite. like fastball, tonic, radiohead. that was a really good time in music. and here is a good one. what are your thoughts on manson? i like his music but he dresses like a woman...

Barcik

Quote from: evil on Wed 01/01/2003 20:11:47what are your thoughts on manson? i like his music but he dresses like a woman...

I like his music, as well.

Trapezoid

Some more artists I like to are Mr. Bungle, No Doubt, Moxy Fruvous, Polysics, Devo, The Velvet Teen, and Mark Lovegrove.

Barcik

Evil

yes i love no doubt. but its like sponge bob. it was cool when no one else watched it. now its not cool. no doubt was cool but they are to popular now. now i dont like them as much.
and this is why manson scares me

he looks like whore

Trapezoid

Yeah, by No Doubt I'm referring to the Tragic Kingdom era. And Manson's a dweeb. His gimmickyness exceeds his talent tenfold...

Erwin_Br

Bryan Adams (I'm going to his concert in March, yay!)
Queen
The Eagles
REM
Weird Al Y.

various MP3's and MIDI's from LucasArts adventuregames. (MI, SnM, Indy)

Las Naranjas

Pesty-Aquabats? Wierd Al? TMBG?

Nerd!

;)

All three (Along with groups like Tenacious D) are funny. Immense talent and nothing to say.

Rubix Cuba! http://www.rubixcuba.com

Timosity-Even with some of the ones they've heard of, the list may prove informative. It's amazing to know how many people think ACDC are American. And rest assured one person here know's the Porkers.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

Trapezoid

TMBG? Funny? Well, I guess they're pretty funny in some cases. A lot of their songs are only funny if you're not paying attention.

Las Naranjas

I meant funny in terms of what they are, not what they write.

The fact they have immense amounts of talent, but write songs that often sound meanigful, but have relatively nonsense lyrics.
Like Stormy Pinkness, or Road Movie To Berlin.

They do have lyrics that mean something occasionally.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

MrColossal

Goldmun: upper right arm, sorry to disappoint

I like manson, i can't explain it, i just do and i don't feel i need to explain it *fires random evil looks at sylpher* i don't think he's the antichrist or anything special, he's just a smart man with a band

and Pesty: rock on with the MC Chris... I heartell his backpack contains jets.

and i totally forgot: The flaming lips, My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult, The Beta Band and for shits and giggles Voltaire

my playlist also includes SubZero by Praga Kahn and Hulkster In Heaven by Hulk Hogan... but that doesn't mean that I like them there
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Pesty

Quote from: evil on Wed 01/01/2003 21:20:16
he looks like whore

He dresses like Christina Aguliera. I was half expecting him to be in the Lady Marmelade video. Then again, I was expecting Bootsy Collins in the Lady Marmelade video too. That would've been a great music video.

Oranges -  I'm not a nerd!!1! I haven't even seen the newest Lord of the Rings movie!

Maestro Colossal - I usually hate rap, but how can you hate rap about Boba Fett by a nerdy cartoonist? And is 'SubZero by Praga Kahn' the SubZero song featured in Bob the Angry Flower? I've always wondered who that guy was. If it is, then I add that to my favorite music list as well.
ACHTUNG FRANZ: Enjoy it with copper wine!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

NTL.

I don't exactly like rap. Or heavy metal.
Duke Entertainment Message Boards (DEILF)
Duke Entertainment Official Website <-- Recently updated
uhhh... I Live Forever!!!

MrColossal

hehe yea pesty, that's the song...

Praga Kahn apparently made it... and if you don't know who he is he's married to the lead singer from Lords of Acid and they do crazy techno sex together... and for some reason he did Sub Zero

which is why i love him...

and the awesome thing is MC Chris used to live near me in the city... and he went to the Upright Citizen's Brigade Theater! and that's where he got his jorb pretty much!!

SOMEONE DISCOVER ME!
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Goldmund

I very much like videos of Marilyn Manson, whereas I don't dig the music itself. I think that the videos started a very interesting trend, something like "utter beauty in ugliness". Like in Tourniquet (sp?), Sweet dreams etc.

ratracer

I usually go for one CD that stays there for more than a month.
So, probably this year I didn't have more than:
Yes
Jethro Tull
Gentle Giant
Genesis
Bruford
and JL Ponty

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk