Has anyone else had any luck playing NES games in multiplayer?

Started by Snake, Wed 25/04/2007 22:17:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Snake

I was wondering if there was a special client or something cool like that to play NES games with other people online? I'm thinking there might be a sight out there somewhere where NES fans can chat and play together. I've tried multiplayer through RockNES and Jnes but it never finds anyone else to play with.

Just curious.

Thanks,

--snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Mr Flibble

I think I did hear something like this. May have been a different platform, but I heard about an emulator which supported online play.

Googling tells me of people talking about "Kalliera" which people played online, and also Jnes. Maybe there was just nobody online? Was it a fairly rare game?

Off topic, I wish New Ghostbusters II had multiplayer, that'd be fun. Although I actually have my NES sitting under the TV right now, so I can just get someone over and take turns (the classic 'multiplayer' option of the bygone age).
Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

Snake

Quote...Although I actually have my NES sitting under the TV right now, so I can just get someone over and take turns (the classic 'multiplayer' option of the bygone age)...
God, I miss that :) That was awesome. Contra, Double Dragon, RC ProAM, RBI Baseball and Mario Bros. were a big hit with my friends and I. That's all we'd do at each other's houses. Those days are long gone :(

Back on topic, RockNES has you wait until a second player logs on or whatever... I don't really understand it, but I was hoping there was a simpler way.

--Snake

Pet Terry

Me and Inkoddi tried to play Kungfu on some emulator long time ago and it seemed to work well, though it was very laggy. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the emulator! But it indeed is possible and I'd like to try it again some time.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Snake

Hey, Pete! Maybe you and I could play some time :) RockNES seems to be the simplest if you want to try that some time :)

PM or mail me,

--Snake

Pet Terry

We should! I've added you to my MSN contacts, so don't ignore me when you get the add request!
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

InCreator

Mr Flibble's right.
Kaillera: Universal netplay client for most emulators of all console and arcade systems.

http://www.kaillera.com/download.php

NES too.

R4L

Why not use Nestopia? It runs awesome, has many many features, and has a kaillera online client. I'll even play if you get it!  :)

http://nestopia.sourceforge.net/

Snake

Quote from: R4L on Sat 28/04/2007 15:03:46
Why not use Nestopia? It runs awesome, has many many features, and has a kaillera online client. I'll even play if you get it!  :)

http://nestopia.sourceforge.net/

Hey, man. I just got this messege. I'll download it at one point and get a hold of you and see if you want to play some time :)

gotta go,

--EDIT--
SHIT, sorry about that, didn't mean to bump this thread. I meant to PM.

--Snake

R4L

Well we can go co-op on Contra or TMNT 2, or maybe I'll kick your ass in Tecmo Bowl. :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk