Background WIP

Started by cobra79, Mon 30/04/2007 10:35:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Medical Waste

Is there anything else you'd like to me say to make you feel better, even though I don't mean it?  :=

The thing I didn't like about it before, and I hate to have to repeat this again and again, is the unrealisitic black lines the most, and the boring flat single colour of the wall. I posted a reference image, but he went with totally different looking bricks, yes they are sharp, with high contrast. At least it's interesting.

Every edge on the image is sharp right now. All of them.
THE PATIENTS ARE REVOLTING

radiowaves

Ok, I meant realistic textures with pixelsharp edges. Retrospective is ok with me, thats something called style. Composition is important aspect of style.
I am just a shallow stereotype, so you should take into consideration that my opinion has no great value to you.

Tracks

Medical Waste

Here is a quick little paintover of part of the wall to show what I meant.

Added a bit of colour because of the yellow light, and it warms it up a bit.
THE PATIENTS ARE REVOLTING

cobra79

Ok there are not enough changes to warrant a new picture and I don't want to spam  8), but I did the following:

- added slight noise to all walls and the floor to break the monotony, more noise to the back wall
- added highlights to the bricks, much like Medical did
- changed the light from yellow to almost white
- fixed the door
- only shadowed area I from Khris' sketch plus the drop shadow from the air vent

I will post an update once there are a little more details in it. Thanks again.

radiowaves

I think black lines fit better that Medicals edit, otherwise the dark frontline gets sort of separated.
I am just a shallow stereotype, so you should take into consideration that my opinion has no great value to you.

Tracks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk