1-66 Lily Light Lane - Visit www.mrparkle.com

Started by MrParkle, Fri 04/05/2007 21:43:33

Previous topic - Next topic

MrParkle

A first attempt... (32bit, 800*600).

Like I said: it's more an interactive story than an adventuregame. Thus expect lots of text and less of puzzles.

Story: Three students visits an orphanage located at 1-66 Lily Light Lane. The house has a bad reputation ever since several people dissapeared in it.

Build in 1926 ordered by Mr Sandersen, the mansion was first a place of joy. The man, Jacob, and his wife Abigail were both high-qualified doctors in neurology and biochemistry. They had one daughter: Eve, a beautiful sixteen year old girl with alas a seven year old mental state. To spend more time as a family her parents decided to quit their job.

Years passed in which the family Sandersen enjoyed pure happiness until destiny struck: both Mr as Mrs Sandersen disappeared. The only one who probably could have explained it was incapable: Eve.

Fortunately for Eve her parents left a will including what to do in such a situation. The mansion should be used as a small orphanage by a monastry so Eve could stay home. Once habited, children start to disappear...

Years later, the three students start to understand.

LimpingFish

Looks very nice. The graphics look clean and professional.

Good luck with it. :)
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Intense Degree

This looks beautiful! If it plays as well as it looks then this must be something special.

Will certainly look out for this when it's done!

JRock

WOW!  this game looks very good!  Are you gonna charge for it (seems to be the thing these days  :-X)

anywho, i look forward to this one!

Good luck on future development!!!

Dualnames

Those that did not notice it's the Sims graphical engine.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

MrParkle

I haven't said otherwise  ;)

I'm a storyteller, not an artist. As it's my first attempt at ags I googled all I could find about the gamebuilding engine and that's how I came onto several games using sprites from commercial (old) games. I thought further. To make music people uses keyboards and synthesizers, to draw I use the Sims. Easier and still a bunch of work too. But I like doing it and that's what matters.

LimpingFish

Oh, I see. I didn't recognize it as using the Sims engine. Not that I'm too familiar with the Sims.

Still, it's looks consistent and well put together.

I await a demo with interest. :)
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

thewalrus

Good looking, very proffesional graphics is the first thing that I noticed. A most promising game..... Good luck!
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

CosmoQueen

Agreed, those graphics are indeed very professional looking. I especially love the reflection on the floor in the first one. Very well done ;)
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Dualnames

I don't want to sound harsh or anything. I just happened to notice it. Anyway keep working on it.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

MrParkle

Don't worry about it Dualnames, I'm not easily offended  :D
Besides, I should have mentioned it before - stupid me. I did mention it on the 'poster' as credits but it's very small to read naturally (however I think you can recognize it: second line, last words.)

Also, it seems easy but it's not. Naturally the Sims 2 Engine isn't used for this artwork so expect a lot of keying and photoshopping.  ;)

ankushm999

When can we expect this great game though  ;D   ???

vertigoaddict

I wanted to lean how to use those graphic engines and use the one in Sims, but I don't know a thing about scripting or anything technical like that so...

But I am good in making my Sims hehehe...

good luck on the game! I hope you'll let us play the full game free, cause I hate it when people sell their games, cause my parents think I'm too young to own a credit card and honestly I don't trust the net on money that much...

MrParkle

I'm not going to set a deadline on this project as I often see too many people doing that and changing it multiple times (that annoys me  ;)).

The game will be freely available but I'd like to include voice-overs. Obviously I need volunteers for this (hopefully I can find them here) and there is a chance that I would charge the download for a buck or two. Than I can divide that small amount amongst the volunteers and me. Thus: the game with music will be free, the game with voice-overs will be very cheap.

I finally finished my inventory screen btw, so here is a screenie.

vertigoaddict

cool! I'll volunteer, and if you ever make any money out of this, keep it; I don't want money.

scalad

I can't wait for this game. I am a big fan of the sims2 and this style of game you are creating. The best of both worlds. Thank you!

auriond

This sounds great! And the Sims graphics look lovely. I can't wait to know more about the storyline. :)

KittenInPyjamas

Oh my God!
Awesome story, awesome graphics, everything looks amazing!

vertigoaddict

I thought the intro was great, I posted a comment on youtube.

The song, it sounds like the intro song for that horror movie "Ginger Snaps" (The first one) were you inspired by it?

MrParkle

Here are some screenshots of the introsequence.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk