Galactic Adventure Diary: Search for Doombane

Started by Intense Degree, Fri 04/05/2007 22:22:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Intense Degree

After many years of enjoying adventure games and a good few attempts with AGS I finally have a game nearly finished!

This locations for this game are loosely based on the descriptions of locations from J.H. Brennan's "Monster Horror Show" (a book you won't have heard of!), but all characters, puzzles, story, music, sound etc. are my own.

The plot (well, the premise really):- Who are the heros? What sort of person has adventures? The Galactic Adventure Diary (GAD) calls all those who are watching their lives slip away and come to nothing, all those whose creativity and enjoyment are worn down by mundane unforgiving life, those who wake in the morning without hope and go to bed in the evening unfulfilled. The GAD changes these lives, it offers excitement and fulfillment, but not necessarily safety... Ever feel down and in need of excitement? This could be for you...

Sounds a little bit gloomy put like that but this is (I hope) a fun and enjoyable game although with perhaps a slightly deeper and larger underlying story than normal. Planned as the first one in a series of games, GAD: The Search for Doombane is definitely larger on story than graphics (and that isn't necessarily saying a lot!)

As you will notice my artistic and graphics skills are hovering aroung the zero mark but who needs good graphics in an adventure game anyway, It never put me off Kings Quest!

So, in summary, a first attempt, looks like it's been drawn by a 4 year old but hopefully an interesting (if simply made) and fairly short game.

Story: 95%
Puzzles: 100%
Graphics: 95%
Music: 10%
Sound:5%

thewalrus

Well, congrats for giving making a game a shot. Don't worry about the graphics, if you can't do them so well, focus on the other aspects of adventure game making. Good luck to you!!!
Thewalrus

Goo, goo, ga, joob!!!

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come!"

LUniqueDan

Quotebut who needs good graphics in an adventure game anyway, It never put me off Kings Quest!

Right! Right! Right!

Listen to the wisdom of TheWalrus. Good game don't need nice graph'.

Anyway, with some notable exceptions around, the odd that a game will be completed seems to be calculated at the reverse of the 1/ [game resolution * color deph].

Good Luck - And tell us more of your plot.

LUnique"Who said there's a MS-Paint Syndrome"Dan
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk