My Character

Started by manored, Thu 10/05/2007 01:31:43

Previous topic - Next topic

manored

The character for my first game will be this:

What you guys think?
I play games.

Domino

It is kind of hard to see, but i really like the red eyes on a black object. Gives it a creepy look to it.  Also, the arms need some work, and also some other areas need work too. It looks way to stiff.

manored

In fact the arms need some work. "Black" doesnt aparears to be relaxed that way.

My game is meant to only make sense on the puzzles, so I want the character to be weird :)
I play games.

Medical Waste

Well, it's pretty weird. Looks like a men's room sign.
I really don't know what else to say.
THE PATIENTS ARE REVOLTING

SparkysGraphics

I'd suggest adding a little bit of shading, or lighter outlining. It isn't going to show up on darker backgrounds. Unless you intend all of your backgrounds to be light-colored.
"...What and eccentric performance..."

manored

Thats the background that will be most common in the game

I know my graphics are crap, but if they be crap but still enough for my game to be considered a graphic adventure im happy... I intend to concentrate myself on the pluzzes :)
I play games.

Khris

I don't mind simple graphics at all as long as the rest of the game is done well (see Pleurghburgh(?)).

But even simple graphics should follow some basic rules, in this case anatomy.
I'm too lazy to do a paint-over, but a more human-like shape seems advisable.

manored

What you guys think?

And yes even tough i will make simple graphics i wanna it possible to at least reconize stuff... :)
I play games.

gASK

Well, now it is definitely not possible. I could not decide what is the red line supposed to be. Tie? Nah, ties usually don't go all the way to crotch. Zipper or something? Nah, it does not stick out so much. Blood? Could be ;)

vertigoaddict

He's wearing a jump-suit! >_<

manored

I dont know what that is. Its there just to make it possible to know wich way he is facing... :)
I play games.

gASK

A-ha! It's on his back! So it is probably a very rare spinal disease!

Seriously though - I think the eyes would be pretty much enough to show where he is facing. Just give them more contrast, so they stand out.

manored

He starts the game with his eyes closed, so while facing back you wouldnt know if he is sleeping or looking backyards... :)

Im having some problems I'm making a good walking animation. Its hard to get it right (his leg aparears to change size while he walks...). Any tips?

Edit: Just managed to make a walking animation that looks right. The character magically always uses the same foot, but since he is all black no one will notice! :)
I play games.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk