BG experiment

Started by cobra79, Fri 11/05/2007 19:27:10

Previous topic - Next topic

cobra79

OK, I was bored with paying attention to every single pixel and tried something completely different.

2x

This was done with a mouse in Photoshop in about 1hr. Although (or because) it looks very messy and rough I like it, but what about you? Would you have problems with such backgrounds in a game?

PS: No paint-overs needed, it is just a test after all.

nihilyst

I don't find it too attractive. I could imagine it to be very irritating when playing a game, but I would love to see the image before you applied the effects (which I guess you did).

cobra79

I used one effect to make the colors blockier, otherwise the original looked the same and I don't have it anymore Thanks for the honest answer.

Medical Waste

I would much rather play a game witha cleaner background. I like the colours and composition of this one, but it seems to messy and undefined.
THE PATIENTS ARE REVOLTING

milkanannan

i like it!  kinda of monet-esque

radiowaves

This background would shurely make finding objects more difficult I guess.
I am just a shallow stereotype, so you should take into consideration that my opinion has no great value to you.

Tracks

space boy

MrColossal

Thread is over a month old, Cobra never even returned to it.
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Andail

Also, the one-liners here are an eye sore. If you're gonna dig up threads this old, you'd better provide some outstanding c&c.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Locking this.  If Cobra wants to update his image he can pm me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk