Blackwell Unbound - WIN A FREE COPY

Started by Dave Gilbert, Fri 01/06/2007 16:29:15

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ivy

Wow, lots of replies! Being part of team Gilbert is awesome. :D

Thanks very much Nacho, ProgZ, Vince, Peder, and everyone else who likes the 'new' Blackwell style. The support is wonderful to hear; this is certainly the most ambitious project I've been involved with. I've been working pretty hard to get the sprites and backgrounds looking consistent with 'Legacy' (with some help from ProgZ :)). The hardest part was abandoning big brother's amazing sprite palettes and trying to find new ones that worked.

Anyways, back to spriting for now. I'm looking forward to this game as much as anyone. :)

Candle

SinSin

Looking good, I enjoyed the first game demo got well into it (but never bought it  didnt have time )

Nice team line up Dave Hope everything goes fantastically

Sin
Currently working on a project!

vertigoaddict

I can't wait for the demo, usually I don't like to download demos...but games written by Mr.David Gilbert are sooo worth it!

The graphics look more cartoony in this one, but that doesn't mean it's not great! ^_^ I guess I liked the 1st one better because it had, for lack of a better word, a more 'mature' look.

Tell you the truth, I'm really interestd in how the music will sound like. Perhaps it's sound like the music in 'the bestowers of eternity'? Well I'll just have to wait and hear! OwO

Dave Gilbert

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!  I'm having great fun making this game and working with Ivy's been a blast. 

vertigoaddict: Go to the wadjet eye site, go to the Unbound section, then check under "downloads" to listen to a sample of the music.  It might not be used in the game, but it's a good example of the style.

thomasregin

Quote from: vertigoaddict on Mon 04/06/2007 16:30:36
Tell you the truth, I'm really interestd in how the music will sound like. Perhaps it's sound like the music in 'the bestowers of eternity'? Well I'll just have to wait and hear! OwO

Well, maybe I can shed a bit of light on how the music's gonna sound like!

Although the style hasn't been defined 100% yet, I'll probably do a mixture of orchestral suspense tracks and 70's like jazz-ballads with a touch of evil!..  ;D

But I don't want to reveal too much yet! All I can say is that I'm honoured and proud that Dave chose me to work on this game. I enjoyed the music from his previous games a lot and I know that it's going to be tough to compete with that. I just hope that I can bring something new and maybe a bit different to the music side of this game.

All the best,

Tom.

Dave Gilbert

Thomas!  Didn't know you were an AGS member.  Hi there. :p

GarageGothic

Looks and sounds excellent, Dave. I'm a bit surprised by the cheerful graphics (almost reminds me of Two of a Kind) considering what we know about aunt Lauren's fate. But I understand the need for working with multiple artists, and I'm sure the story will be as spooky as ever.

xelanoimis

I love the looks of it. It's amazing!
I hope I'll find time to play it one day :)
Keep on the good work, Dave!

Vel

That looks and sounds great, Dave!
Hopefully this time you'll list Bulgaria after Burundi. ¬_¬

CosmoQueen

*dies, wakes up, then dies again* I so gotta get my cd-rom fixed so that I can buy this! It looks amazing Dave! ;D
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

ShadeJackrabbit

i k a r i

So this is auntie Laurie?, will we get to see the part when everything "changed" for her?  :o, I hope the puzzles are as good as the ones from BL 1. Good luck with this.
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

I'll have you know, Mister Gilbert, that you got me dreaming of Blackwell Unbound last night. Now, I don't know what kind of mind-altering drug you used on me, or even how you got it to me all the way across the atlantic ocean, but what I saw was rather extraordinary, and unless the final product is as good as I dreamed I shall boycott you to the end of my days.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Dave Gilbert

Haha.  I'll do my best, Rui.

In case anyone cares, the website's been updated with more character bios, as well as some cast information.  Our very own Grundislav is lending his voice to a Wadjet game for the third time.  An actress named Dani Marco is slotted to voice Lauren, and Abe Goldfarb is returning once more to voice Joey. You can read about them on the cast page.

Snarky

I love the ability to play six degrees of Kevin Bacon with AGSers:

MrColossal was in Ben Jordan 1 Deluxe with Dave Gilbert
Dave Gilbert was in The Blackwell Legacy with Grundislav
Grundislav will be in Blackwell Unbound with Dani Marco
Dani Marco was in I Think I Love My Wife with Wendell Pierce
Wendell Pierce was in Sleepers with Kevin Bacon

Disco

Quote from: Snarky on Tue 10/07/2007 20:28:20
I love the ability to play six degrees of Kevin Bacon with AGSers:

MrColossal was in Ben Jordan 1 Deluxe with Dave Gilbert
Dave Gilbert was in The Blackwell Legacy with Grundislav
Grundislav will be in Blackwell Unbound with Dani Marco
Dani Marco was in I Think I Love My Wife with Wendell Pierce
Wendell Pierce was in Sleepers with Kevin Bacon

I love you Snarky ^_^

It has been a lifetime goal of mine to get within those six degrees, and now at the age of 25 and without even realising it I am within four degrees :D Real thanks are to Grundislav for casting me in BJ Deluxe. I'm glad I learned to stop questioning your judgment  and just go with it now :P

Unboundwise, August is looking like an exciting month.  Based on the premise, I can hardly wait to buy the soundtrack even.

Stupot

For some reason I read "Cast announced" as "Cancelled".
I almost choked on my coffee... but luckily I wasn't drinking coffee so I'm OK.
Good luck with the latest project... I haven't played the first yet, one but when "unbound" is released I might buy them together.... or shall I wait until the third one is made and buy the trilogy box-set... hehe.

Nlogax

Yeah, just want to add my voice to the chorus of approval. Looks good.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk