This is Purgatorio
and it is the first game I’ve made that I’ve decided is good enough to be put up on the AGS website.
It took me six months to make and all of the visuals and music are completely original. It’s quite a large file, but I think it’s worth it for the look and feel of the game. I’ve tried to create an involving atmosphere and game world.
The game follows Frank O'Shea, A soldier on a peacekeeping mission. He is shot in the line of duty and blacks out. He awakens to find himself wounded and in a strange, but somehow familiar town. You must act as Franks guide as he tries to remember what has brought him here. Welcome to Purgatorio…
The game can be Downloaded here (89MB):
- 800x600 resolution with 32 bit colours.
- A mixture of photographed and hand drawn characters and backgrounds, tailored into a common visual style.
- Animated characters, locations, and effects.
- Interact with the inhabitants of Purgatorio.
- Inventory and conversation based puzzles, as well as some lateral thinking.
- Explore over 25 unique locations, indoor and outdoor.
- There’s a couple of Easter Eggs to be found, and a few sly references to other games and genres.
- All music is original and created solely for this game. 8 different tracks add atmosphere to exploration and puzzles.
- Simple, easy to use interface.
- Not really a feature but occasional bad language and strong, implied violence.
- Finally, an interesting storyline and game world.
I think the game has been well tested but get back to me if you find any bugs or inconsistencies
Hope you guys enjoy playing it.
(Extra points if you can tell me what Irish town provided the backgrounds)
Purgatorio created and designed by Jonathan Lynch