Background

Started by SirFuzaba, Mon 09/07/2007 09:59:38

Previous topic - Next topic

SirFuzaba

Im new here and all but i thought i'd post a backround, and get some criticism on it. It's still a bit unfinished, but on most parts all done.

Reodor

Looks great, but maybe you should use warmer colors. There are still some jaggies that could be fixed, and on the blade to the right, the transition between the metal and the wood is to soft.
Somebody set us up the bomb!

cobra79

Welcome to the forum!  :D

Okay, I see a windmill on a cliff (,ready to fall off). The blades are too crooked for my tastes, but that is not important right now. The gray area all around the windmill is though. What is it? Fog? Clouds? And these shapes in the back are they mountains or houses? I am sorry, but I really can't tell. The rocks you did are promising, but the green confuses me and the path in general looks odd.
I would strongly advise to use a smaller resolution. If you use 800x600 you have to show details befitting 800x600.  ;)
Sorry if this is harsh, but there is still a lot to do here.

Stupot

I like the colours personally. But the path looks like its dropping off at the foreground... maybe widen it as it becomes closer.

SirFuzaba

The path is the most unfinished part of the picture, i mostly wanted criticism on the rock and winmill, probably should of noted that. The mountain thingies are actually houses. kind of strange ones. The whole game is going be set in a "dreamish" place, so I am not going for any kind of a realism. 800x600 because some sequences are going to use photographs, and i want all out of them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk