Another MAGS Game by ME!

Started by Dr. Eric Moreau, Wed 24/07/2002 14:29:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Eric Moreau

Hey yo, heeeee'sssss baaacckk!!! Here's me July MAGS submission, Ernie's Big Adventure II!!!!

http://www.silicon-complex.com/EBA2.zip

Help Ernie save Mittens....you know that's important!
I'm not really a Doctor, but I play one on the internet!------ It's getting hot in heerrrre!! ------ Hey you! Haven't you heard, Ernie's Big Adventure 2 is the shit!Get it here!!!------- Advertise in this space only $10 a month!

Me

Cool game, it's better than the first. I have a question. What do you do in that tactical computer? I tryed everything, but nothing worked. Everything I clicked, nothing happens.

Grundislav

Hey, it's good to finally see some competition! :) I like the game, but unfortunately I'm stuck!

*SPOILERS*

I've opened a bunch of panels, given the book and photos to Bob and taken the digital picture of the screen, but I can't seem to give it to Bob. Now what do I do?

-

how do you stop that invisibility?

elizabeth

Fun game, but once I get the books and photos and take pictures of the screen, I can't seem to exit the room.  I tried putting the grate back on, etc.., to no avail.  If I teleport to the ship, all I can do from there is teleport back to the same place.  

Dr. Eric Moreau

Okay, I'm gonna go in order here, but all should know that a full walkthrough will be posted on the MAGS Board:

Me:

You who? Anyway, I don't know what the problem is, you should be able to click on the buttons. Orignally I was gonna do more with the tactical computer but I ran out of time.

Grundislav:

*SPOILER ALERT YA!*

Okay as for opening the panels...it's a bug...your not suppose to be able to at that point in the game, but I guess it doesn't really matter, you just wont have to open them later. You tried giving the Digital Camera to Bob. That should work.

das Tobi-As:

What invisibility thing....Bob? If so, why would you want to turn it off?

elizabeth:

Okay, your not suppose to be able to use the teleporter from that point....my bad but you just need to interact (the hand icon) with the vent hole and you'll climb out. As for putting the grating back that was not implemented because I forgot and was out of time.

Thanks all who played....please drop if you got more questions you can post here or email me at the3dwarrior@hotmail.com.

~The Big M~
I'm not really a Doctor, but I play one on the internet!------ It's getting hot in heerrrre!! ------ Hey you! Haven't you heard, Ernie's Big Adventure 2 is the shit!Get it here!!!------- Advertise in this space only $10 a month!

slaff

The games crashes under Windows NT in the very beginning. Some ideas why?

Dr. Eric Moreau

No sorry I don't. I use Win98 myself. How about everyone else? Anybody experiencing problems?

Sylpher

slaff what error comes up when it crashes?

The game ran fine for me under Win xp. I enjoyed the game quite a bit. I will say there were many small minor bugs but nothing worth mentioning.

Dr. Eric Moreau

Yeah, I noticed bugs as I played it again. But I was on a deadline and it was tick tock tocking away. But like you said, small minor bugs....game still playable. Glad you enjoyed it......the III game is coming next week.........

nah I'm just kidding....I ain't making anymore Ernie games for awhile. Don't get me wrong I love making them but the 3rd one is gonna be full length....but I got other projects to finish off first.

-

sorry, I thought I was invisibilty, I don`t have understand, that I am the thing behind the vent in the room which the blackboard and the pictures on the table...
and I've seen, that you have made the real main character invisibility for this room... good idea, but if I search for the main character in this room by clicking with the teleporter, I teleport back into the first room and I am still invisibility then... (that's a bad mistake, I would try to fix it, if I were you :O) just a tip).

By the way it`s a nice game. I like the Ernie Games really. and the walking animation is better than the one from the first part.

Dr. Eric Moreau

Whoah...thanks....that's a bug I never would have found.

Happy you enjoyed it. That reminds me, you released a game recently haven't you? I haven't had time to check it out yet, making Ernie 2 took all my time but I got a few games to play now, Grundislav's MAGS game (now that I finally downloaded the speech pack) and I shall also check out your game das TOBI - AS, I'll let you know what I think when I do play it.

Till then....um....um....toodles.

EDIT:
Hey das TOBI - AS, I just thought of something, when I start work on Ernie 3 would you like to beta test it for me? You seem to be great at finding all the little bugs.

-

-
-

Dr. Eric Moreau

Hmmm....if you click on the black hole where the grating used to be you should be taken outside of the room. Let me know if it still doesn't work.

As for beta testing it will later....I won't be starting the 3rd game for awhile. I have other games that I need to finish. Can't wait to play your sci-fi game though....I love sci-fi as you no doubt can tell. ;-)

jannar85

Wow! Finally a sequel, hehehe, cool! :)
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

-

-
-

magintz

I'm stuck and can't leave the room either..... if i try clicking on the grate it just says that you cant push it open with your bare hands..... even though the grate IS in my hands....

So i'm stuck in this room..... if you have a saved game of JUST outside the room i'll play from there, but I cant get out.
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

-

Have you already used one of your inventory items with the closed vent? :O) That`s not really difficult...

Me

So what do you do on the tactical computer?

Dr. Eric Moreau

Make sure you have taken the book and the photos and have used the digital camera on the screen. I got it on a counter so you need to do those things before leaving.

Edit:
Tactical Computer, click on the Type button, select Density Analisys, click on the scan button, once it says locked click on the Send button, you need to send it to Bob, so you type in 5323, you get this number if you push the last button labeled Ship codes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk