A Tale Of Two Kingdoms (Deluxe Edition)

Started by Radiant, Mon 16/07/2007 00:55:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Traveler

While I liked the game a lot, I must agree with GarageGothic's assessment. The murder plot has major logical holes in it - so big, in fact, that when I read about the suspect on these forums, I discarded the idea as speculation, it was so ridiculous. I really don't know who was the murderer, as iI believe it's next to impossible to figure it out by reasoning.

Nevertheless, it's still an awesome game - as an "amateur" game, it beats many, many, many commercial games in quality, detail and fun. (The music is also wonderful.) So even with the flaws that GG (and some others) mentioned, I'd still give this game at least 9 out of 10. :)

JayBTV

I loved this game!!  Needed the walkthru since there's so much to do but it was fantastic to play.  Hope you guys do something else in the future!

LimpingFish

PC Zone had a full page feature about ATOTK in their last issue (UK).

I finally got around to scanning it, and you can see it here!  :)
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Radiant

Game of the month? That's awesome!

Do you perhaps have a scan of the second page as well?

LimpingFish

Oh, sorry, I should've been a bit clearer. I meant a full single page. I cropped the borders from the page, but that's the entirety of the feature.

My bad.  :-[
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Radiant

Hm, that's odd, the story feels like there's a bunch of sentences missing at the end :)

Anyway, thanks.

Stupot

Congrats on the article, ATOTK guys.
It was very positive, but I couldn't help thinking he could have worded it better.  When he says something like 'It's just long enough that you're more likely to get bored first", I'm sure he actually meant that as a compliment, but it didn't really say what it meant.

Iv4n

I wonder what Quest for Yrolg is? Is it a sequel of ATOTK or something completely new IP?

Radiant

Quote from: Iv4n on Thu 22/11/2007 19:21:08
I wonder what Quest for Yrolg is?

Aaah, wait and see! :P

It's not a sequel. It is an adventure game. it's also high resolution.

Coming soon to a website near you.

Blue

Quote from: Radiant on Fri 23/11/2007 12:22:05

Aaah, wait and see! :P

It's not a sequel. It is an adventure game. it's also high resolution.

Coming soon to a website near you.

That sounds interesting  ;D
I loved ATOTK! Great game!

Radiant

Leonard LePage

Really cool image. Merry Christmas!

Any place we can find a larger version of the image?

Radiant

Quote from: Leonard LePage on Thu 27/12/2007 04:29:39
Any place we can find a larger version of the image?

Unfortunately, no, considering ATOTK plays in 320x200 resolution to begin with.

Galen

Alas, the download stalls during the later stages. I'm unsure wether this is Firefox or my sucky ISP's fault.

Radiant

Quote from: Crazy on Thu 27/12/2007 20:56:06
Alas, the download stalls during the later stages. I'm unsure wether this is Firefox or my sucky ISP's fault.

Hm, that is odd. Have you tried both the regular and the mirror link?

Firefox is usually quite stable with downloads. If your ISP connection is flaky, I'd suggest getting a download manager like GetRight.

Galen

Dee

This is a little off the subject, but I looked for the topic with the most recent postings.  I found this one.  Here's my minor little issue:

When I installed the game, my music.vox file flaked out.  Everything else is perfect.  I'm wondering if I can get my hands on just the missing music.vox file, as the whole game took quite a while to download.  It's a wonderful game, and I really really want to hear the music everyone has been raving about.  Thanks.

Radiant

What do you mean, it flaked out? Did you do a disk scan on your hard drive? Is the installer program still there?

If not, I believe your best bet would be to download it again - the music is about 60 megabytes all by itself, which is about 2/3rds of the download.

We do have a few loose soundtracks for download on our website (see signature) if you want to listen to them on your desktop, rather than in-game.

Dee

Sorry, should have been more specific.  By "flaked out" I mean everything installed normally, except the music.vox file.  I got an error saying the file was corrupted, and it asked if I wanted to continue anyway.  So, I did.  I had some problems with the download, so I should have seen it coming.  I was using getright and I kept losing the mirror website's server.  I had to keep pressing "resume."  Oh well.  I'm over it.  Thanks.

Dualnames

I was reading a magazine(I live in Greece) then I saw a small text...
Title:
Tale of Two Kingdoms..
I'm bored to write what they wrote exactly but they said a little about the story and that the game has a big replayability value and for Nikolas who they didn;t mention they said that the amateur developers took a great effort on the music...

The magazine is Computer Games Magazine..
http://www.gamesite.gr/news/viewnea_data.asp?category_id=90
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk