A Tale Of Two Kingdoms (Deluxe Edition)

Started by Radiant, Mon 16/07/2007 00:55:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiant

Thanks for your comments!

Quote from: NK on Tue 18/03/2008 23:37:32
Why all of a sudden they need a rope instead of the ivy? I thought we need to goto roof or something.
Because, as you could see in chapter two, the city has numerous guards during the night.

QuoteI was suprise to realize faeri queen is after all not so pure good -- she is a faeri after all.
Precisely. Faeries of myth aren't all that pure and good, if you look at them closely.

Ruadh said he would throw the lockpick after their girdle stealing but somehow it is in possession of Maeldun after it's done. When the jeweler is killed, she miraculously showed up later in the funeral ceremony.
That would seem to be a bug.

alkis21

I haven't played a new game in two years, and now that I finally have some time I decided to give ATOTK a try. My first impressions are extremely positive. I will post more comments after I've played it for some time.

Dualnames

By the way the magazine i told you last about considers ATOTK as the top five indie games of the year.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Radiant

Quote from: Dualnames on Thu 03/04/2008 14:34:47
By the way the magazine i told you last about considers ATOTK as the top five indie games of the year.

You mean the Greek one? Great! Do you perhaps have a scan of that?

Dualnames

I can't just scan everything but say to Nicolas that it;s computer games current version
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

SuperDre

I just 'finished' this one, it's a beautifully made game, but I found it to be one of the most frustrating adventure games ever, too many path's, too little information on what was actually needed or needed to be done.. I found the game more like walking around like a chicken with no head..
The non-linearity was just plain bad gameplay IMHO, not knowing what you actually wanted the player to go, so therefore just let it be possible to do everything and nothing.. so IMHO it's a shame that such great backgrounds,animations,sounds and music are ruined by bad gameplay..

So next time I hope you guys and girls just make sure the gameplay fits the wonderfull done backgrounds,animations, sounds and music..

Zazzaro

Wow i thought that's what made the game great. It made you "adventure" by wandering around and trying to figure out what to do. Also gave it great replayability. To each their own. Hoping they are working on a new game similiar in depth to ATOTKs.

Wonkyth

There is talk of a sequel in the far off future, but I wouldn't hold your breath.
;)
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

Radiant

I had in the past decided to not have any translated versions of this game, but Bela Selmeci has managed to convince me otherwise. Therefore, a Hungarian translation is in the works, thanks to him. Since this means changing some of the code to accomodate translations, I'll be taking this opportunity to fix the reported bugs, too.

Stay tuned!

Radiant

The game has now been translated into Hungarian, and v1.3 is available for download. There aren't many changes, but I took the opportunity to fix some bugs including the only "walking dead" situation reported (if you left the bottle in Midir's shop when he closes it down). Also, I've added a little bonus at the end if you have a near-perfect Honor and Wisdom score.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/905

Since the game now supports translation, I would also be willing to consider a translation to e.g. German, French, or Spanish if somebody is interested in doing that. If you are, send me a PM with some of your prior work.

Monsieur OUXX

Hello, sorry for necroposting, but I think I have relevant information :

ABOUT HOW WELL THE GAME IS AGING
Surprisingly well! ;)
- I've downloaded the game from AGS, so I assume it's the latest version (1.3) -- I couldn't find where to check that.
- I've used the usual trick to play an old game on a more recent engine (renamed the .exe to AC2GAME.DAT and then used acwin.exe taken from AGS 3.3.4)
- Good news : it works pretty well appart from one display issue : the player is sometimes hidden behind animated objects, such as doors, waves on the beach, etc. HOWEVER the huge advantage is that I could use D3D9 (DX5 wouldn't work) and really cool upscale filters. I strongly recommend you guys port the game to 3.3.4 or higher. From what I see it wouldn't be too hard.

ABOUT A BUG
- I wouldn't have necroposted only for what's above, but I've found a small bug : when I click twice on the skull, the character finds a "small piece of bone" behind it. Then it becomes the active cursor and it even appears in the "easy-access inventory" (you know, that one object that is displayed on the right of the inventory).HOWEVER when you open the inventory, that bone is gone. From everywhere. Forever. ;)
I don't think this could be caused by the engine upgrade. Could it be a bug that was never reported? I didn't find any trace of that action in the walkthrough.

ABOUT TRANSLATIONS
It is so tempting to volunteer for French translation! But since Nelly Cootalot, I've learnt that this takes a LOT of time. Especially there, with poems and Shakespearian language. I wouldn't want to end up doing this.

Long things short: anyone who's never played this game... Just do it! :)

Fizzii

Hi everyone,

We are pleased to announce that we are officially working on a deluxe version of A Tale of Two Kingdoms!

A Tale of Two Kingdoms is a graphical adventure in the style of the classic Sierra games. Set in the world of Celtic mythology and fairy tales, it features many sidequests and alternate endings. For this new release, we are doing a Deluxe Edition with a new interactive prologue, several graphic updates, and professional voice acting.

The ancient kingdom of Theylinn is beset by enemies. Within the castle walls, nobles vie for the old King's favor, and not everybody is happy with the sole heir to the throne, princess Rhiannon. Meanwhile, danger approaches, in the form of an invading army, a hostile giant, and a mercenary troop who are ancient enemies of the Theylann king...

Please support us and help to get this game Greenlit on Steam:
http://crystalshard.net/steam.php (to open Greenlight page in Steam client)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=861490245 (web link)

Thanks for your support! :)

Athanor

I'll buy it the moment it's available, that's for sure. AToTK is not only one of the best AGS-games ever made, but also one of the greatest adventures I've played in my life. I'm really looking forward to the deluxe edition. May I ask if there's already an approximate release date?

Fizzii

ATOTK will be released some time after Leylines is released (it's a non-AGS 4X strategy game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/585820 , in case anyone's interested in our other projects).

Spoiler
Personally, I told Radiant it'd be cool if we can release ATOTK exactly on its 10 year anniversary, which is mid year :)). But we'll have to see whether we can actually make that date.
[close]
At the moment we've just opened up voice acting auditions. Details can be found here: http://voiceacting.boards.net/thread/404/tale-kingdoms-adventure-game-18m

Mandle

Nice voice acting!!!

This is one of my favorite AGS games of all time!

Best of luck with the deluxe edition!

SarahLiz

Wow, how exciting!  Definitely one of my all-time faves on AGS too--I've probably played it more times than any other game over the years...

So, suffice it to say that this will end up on my Steam library come the 31st.  :) 

~Sarah

Fizzii

A Tale of Two Kingdoms is now available for purchase!

It is 15% off on Steam, and non-Steam copies are available from Itch and Humble Store. Please support us and spread the word!

Download from Steam
Humble Store
Itch.io

Fizzii

ATOTK is on sale for 20% off, ending tomorrow:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/603870/A_Tale_of_Two_Kingdoms/

You can also get ATOTK in a bundle with its soundtrack and the Crystal Shard Adventure Bundle (comprising Larry Lotter and the Test of Time, Starship Quasar and Quest for Yrolg), for a total discount of 40% off until tomorrow.
http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/5656/Indie_Adventures_Bundle/

sawyer

Quote from: SarahLiz on Mon 09/10/2017 21:17:57
Wow, how exciting!  Definitely one of my all-time faves on AGS too--I've probably played it more times than any other game over the years...

So, suffice it to say that this will end up on my Steam library come the 31st.  :) 

~Sarah

Thanks to all who made this available!
I cant wait to play on my android, (achievement link fail) because this game truly is awesome!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk