Author Topic: A Tale Of Two Kingdoms  (Read 97038 times)

piperhcombs

• aka Trish
Re: A Tale Of Two Kingdoms
« Reply #540 on: 17 Jun 2009, 14:14 »
I'm sure someone has already realized this, but I found out that
Add spoiler tag for Hidden:
if you never picked up the matches, whether because you completely forgot, or if like me by the time you got to it you couldn't get them because either a)the jeweler was not in her shop to kick you out so the only way out is the water which ruins the matches, or b)the shop was closed; when you get to the cave sequence, Taliesin actually hands Branwyn a pack of matches saying you'll probably need illumination. Not sure about the lantern as I did pick that up.
:cheers: + :claps:

Temperance&Booth  Sydney&Vaughn  Nadia&Weiss

Radiant

• AGS Baker
  • Mittens Knight
  • Return once more to the Two Kingdoms!
    • I can help with publishing
    •  
    • I can help with story design
    •  
  • Radiant worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!Radiant worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
« Reply #541 on: 17 Jun 2009, 20:51 »
I'm sure someone has already realized this, but I found out that
Well, yes. That way there is no dead end for the casual players, and still a puzzle for the die hards.

Liz

« Reply #542 on: 01 Jul 2009, 05:34 »
I'm really stuck in Chapter 4
I've gotten the flute and talked to the apprentice about the problem she is having, however Geraint keeps showing up in the town square. I need to go get my sword from the blacksmith but he recognizes me right away. How do I get past him?

« Reply #543 on: 01 Jul 2009, 10:39 »
The appearance of the NPC in the town square is random. If you are trying to get past the town square from the docks, just leave the town and come back after a while. Or you can simply try to enter-leave the town square a few times until Geraint is gone (I don't think he spots you immediately after you enter the town square).

Liz

« Reply #544 on: 06 Jul 2009, 20:12 »
Thanks, I actually figured that out soon after I posted and then felt pretty dumb, haha  ;D

« Reply #545 on: 07 Nov 2015, 20:29 »
In chapter 5, where is the boat?
Somewhere I read that there's a boat that can be used to help the kid in the fairy kingdom.

Fizzii

• I can help with animation
    •  
    • I can help with backgrounds
    •  
    • I can help with characters
    •  
    • I can help with proof reading
    •  
« Reply #546 on: 07 Nov 2015, 23:13 »
The shipwreck by the beach in the human realm.

« Reply #547 on: 08 Nov 2015, 23:57 »
The shipwreck by the beach in the human realm.

If you're talking about the one the rogue character lives in then I already know about that one. Or is there also another beach with a shipwreck? From what I recall there was a boat in the town docks in the previous chapters but for chapter 5 I don't see it there anymore. Can it be somewhere else and If so Is this the one I am supposed to find for the changeling kid?
« Last Edit: 09 Nov 2015, 02:33 by mkennedy »

Fizzii

•  
    •  
    •  
    •  
« Reply #548 on: 09 Nov 2015, 11:10 »
If you're talking about the one the rogue character lives in then I already know about that one
Yep, that's the one.

The boat in the town docks is just for decoration only

You may have noticed something a little odd about the rogue. Just need to confirm that he's the changeling's other half / the fae that the changeling was switched with.

« Reply #549 on: 09 Nov 2015, 19:23 »
Yep, that's the one.
You may have noticed something a little odd about the rogue. Just need to confirm that he's the changeling's other half / the fae that the changeling was switched with.

Thanks for that info! Though now I'm rather stuck on what to do next.
I've tried using the stone with the hole it in on the rogue as well as the changeling's comb and the flute doesn't seem to do anything either. I no longer have the iron charm either so I can't use that on him
« Last Edit: 10 Nov 2015, 03:53 by mkennedy »

Fizzii

•  
    •  
    •  
    •  
« Reply #550 on: 10 Nov 2015, 20:44 »
I think you can
go back to the Fae realm and talk to the changeling to tell him you've found his swapped twin?

« Reply #551 on: 11 Nov 2015, 01:30 »
I think you can
go back to the Fae realm and talk to the changeling to tell him you've found his swapped twin?
unfortunately when I talk to the changeling the only option is "Could you do something for me?" As of yet I have no idea how to show the rogue he's related to the changeling. Also is it possible to do this sidequest after chapter 5 or is it blocked after access to the fairy realm is no longer available?
« Last Edit: 11 Nov 2015, 01:45 by mkennedy »

Fizzii

•  
    •  
    •  
    •  
« Reply #552 on: 11 Nov 2015, 10:46 »
Once the faerie realm is no longer accessible, it means you can't go back to talk to Blossom anymore. So the quest is no longer solvable. I assume you've already befriended the rogue? Other than that, I can't recall if there was anything else you needed to do; it has been several years since I played the game.

« Reply #553 on: 25 Nov 2015, 16:52 »
Thanks for that info.
What all is there to do in the sorcerer's tower?
You can get the snake figure and smash the orb, but is there anything else? The cabinet and wardrobe look interesting, but I can't get either of them to open.

Radiant

• AGS Baker
  • Mittens Knight
  • Return once more to the Two Kingdoms!
    • I can help with publishing
    •  
    • I can help with story design
    •  
  • Radiant worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!Radiant worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
« Reply #554 on: 20 Jan 2016, 11:19 »
Regarding Blossom,
Use the cold iron charm on Ruadh to prove he's faerie-kin, then you can go tell Blossom about that.

Regarding the sorcerer's tower?
There's also the brain-in-a-jar laying outside; but otherwise that's it. Smashing the crystal ball stops Taranis from harassing you with long-distance curses.

Monsieur OUXX

• Cavefish
  • Mittens Vassal
  • Mittens Half Initiate
    •  
    • I can help with translating
    •  
    • I can help with voice acting
    •  
« Reply #555 on: 27 Jan 2016, 22:58 »
This come back of "hints and tips" on To2K made me want to play it again :) Off I go downloading it!
« Last Edit: 28 Jan 2016, 06:09 by Monsieur OUXX »