The future is now! (Or very soon anyway)

Started by lo_res_man, Thu 19/07/2007 21:55:54

Previous topic - Next topic

lo_res_man

I don't like to enter company funded contests, but this one, well, something says, OH GODS YES!!! Sorry for the yelling, but crest is having a contest to give away a seat on a suborbital shot.Now I don't know how many space junkies there are out there on this forum, but I am one of them,  if someone said hey we are trying to set up a  coleny in space and your living space will be the size of a japanise coffin hotel room, and you might die in some horrible disaster and it will GREATLY increase your chanses of getting cancer...I would say BEAM ME UP SCOTTY, WHERE DO I SIGN!? :-[ *ahem*so I think this so wicked cool, and if anyone knows any goddesses or gods demons or similer creature with influance on personal events hook me up, cuz I wanna go!
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

jetxl

I guess you mean this.
I get bored crazy on a 2 hour flight. A flight where you can't see anything but stars and rocks will make me eat the liver of the bilionair who sits next to me. And that's after just the first 12 hours.

radiowaves

lo_res_man, did you know that European Space Agency was looking for volunteers for a Mars mission simulation?  Over 200 people send their applications, only six will pass. The mission itself is that you are being locked in a little space capsule for 700 days :D Now try not to go crazy in that time while you can only be in 5 rooms!
http://www.interfax.ru/e/B/politics/28.html?id_issue=11788019
I am just a shallow stereotype, so you should take into consideration that my opinion has no great value to you.

Tracks

ManicMatt

700 days!! Will it be aired on TV, like some overly long Big Brother show?  :-\

CodeJunkie

radiowaves

Lol, that would be cool name for a TV show.
I am just a shallow stereotype, so you should take into consideration that my opinion has no great value to you.

Tracks

TerranRich

I once heard about a prank pulled, in England I think, where people were asked to be part of some space travel program, and it was filmed. Anybody else know of this?

Hammerite

Yeah, it was on Channel 4 and called "Space Cadets".
i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

Indie Boy

It was rubbish and had actors to wind them up. I would like to go into space but maybe 700 days is a bit much.
I won't use this login.
Try IndieBoy instead

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk