project take off-i am legend/the omega man

Started by sonny, Sat 21/07/2007 22:56:27

Previous topic - Next topic

sonny

First let me introduce myself to this forum I am Sontino, also known as sonny. I have  some  game demos under my belt, even though the partner i was working with has the url to my latest one, so i dont have an official demo to put here at the moment to prove my accomplishments, but i should have it today or sometime soon, however I have pretty much all the resources for the game, if you want to see my spriting skill level.

i specialize in-
plot and writing
spriting
and i do backgrounds sometimes but i prefer to do people,
I also animate as well.

what i really want to do is a game about the old 1970's movie called the omega man, if you haven't seen it you can go on youtube.com and find it and watch the entire movie in sections, anyway, back on topic, I want to create this story as  background to what happens before and during the movie, and take an alternate story route, bulk up the complexity a little, and actually make it scary, i think it may frighten little kids, (i know it did when i was little) but as im about to hit my twenties its become just a fun movie to watch, I think the people here at ags  do an excellent job at making games  and so id like a groupe to pitch in to make a cool game.

I have only basic experience with stuff in ags, (not that im utterly helpless ) i figured out the spriting and things, but stuff such as  advanced cutscenes takes far more talent, I"m not a programmer, ive worked with them before, and the last project i worked on we made a pretty good team, I will need a lead programmer, to help out, and anyone who would like to work along in music and sound effects, but im open to many peoples talents, because i just think there needs to be a game based on this movie, even if its not exact. I look at it as a tribute to Charlton Heston!

basic form of puzzles and game play,

This game would be over the course of 20 days of actual relevence,
this means that while there are unimportant days there are 20 days were actual plot progression takes place, many of the puzzles may take place by completing a check list of things needed for survival, and areas to explore in order to find mathius's hive, there will also be certain puzzles like on getting the keys to a new car, ect. obtaining gasoline will be important as you need to use it to fill the generator, or a puzzle about making syrums, and others as well.  Let me know if you want to aid in the make of a classic movie to game project!

dunnoson

ok, first of all, wrong forum.
Read  the posting rules.

Second of all, pm me if you need my help as:
storyline editor, proof-reader, or a beta-tester
currently working on:

I am in the Brainstorming stage.  Also am trying to gather a team.
I am committing to this game.

Thinking about creating another game, NCIS themed.

sonny

i did look for the proper forum but i didnt see one, im ganna try and move it, i probably didnt look hard enough for it, anyway i can probably use you as a proof reader, so expect a pm. also to any mods, if im not able to move this to the proper area, please help me do so!

ildu

There are a lot of games that should be made. There are even numerous games to make, as tributes to Charleton Heston, including Planet of the Apes and Soylent Green. Nevertheless, you should think about what is realistic and what you can contribute. It's good that you introduce yourself as the writer and spritemaker, but it's tough to get any help without showing any completed work, because there are simply so many ideas to have. And some people even start these kinds of threads asking for help, with only the idea, not expecting to contributing anything themselves.

So yeah, it's cool if you can actually show some work, but don't expect much help if you don't. In fact, if you were making a game about Planet of the Apes or Soylent Green, I might help you, but then again I might just do it all myself.

Darth Mandarb

I'm not going to move this because it doesn't belong in any forum.

Check the adventure related board for the "recruit a team" thread and the General Discussion board for the "newbies introduce yourself" thread (both stickies)

Welcome to the forums ... best advice I can offer is to read all the stickies and rules for each board before posting.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk